• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    We got set up overlooking a series of fields where I knew hogs and coyote would be. One of the guys brought a suppressed Mossberg MVP in .308, a first for me, and a suppressed Colt Match HBAR. Both had thermal sights. Another friend was using his suppressed LMT in .308 with PVS 14 and Laser and I had my trusty 16" AA home build and was also using a PVS14 and laser.

Just before it was too dark to use my Leupold MK AR scope, this guy showed up to our right moving from right to left at about 200 yards. Only two of us had a shot so on a command fire, we sent two rounds... always great hearing the smack when the bullet strikes. Consensus was I hit him and the other shot went over... either way, big boar and off to a great start.

Entry was just above and in front part of shoulder... just about a DRT shot but he was breathing when we got to him so a G19 round to the head sealed it.

Not long after another big boar showed up, same spot and moving in the same direction... this time the Suppressed Mossberg MVP fired by a friend did the trick, another impact smack gave school girl giggles all around... this one was big and nasty like the other.

This would happen again, about the same way, but the third one managed to get off into some extremely thick brush so we did not recover it. During all this we also saw five to six coyote but only one came in close enough to shoot. I fumbled the Mossberg trigger somehow and got it locked up... it has that trigger safety bar like the Savage and any slight sideways pressure and you're screwed. Friend cut loose with the suppressed Colt and I hear and saw two of the five shots hit the coyote and he stumbled into the wood line... but to our complete surprise, we did not find him... damn.

All in all a great night with friends and a few less bullies in the woods...

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nice!

what gives me the school girl giggles is when they are running...get your lead good...send it...hear the thud...then watch that chin dig into the ground...and that arse come sailing over the topside with a big thud...makes me snicker every time :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom