• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    SORRY, NO ITEMS FOUND FOR "47987" guess they discontinued, they do have one for $35 on ebay and a larger one for $166

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ahhhh just catch the little buggers by hand...cute little critters. Found this one top side lurking around. My daughter wanted me to put it in an aquarium to raise... boy that would be a boring pet!!!! Just took him back to the food plot and let him go to keep digging.

IMG958987_zpstmvpva3k.jpg
    IMG958988_zpspfytpgpk.jpg
    IMG958989_zpsit98dxht.jpg

Attachments

• IMG958987_zpstmvpva3k.jpg
      IMG958987_zpstmvpva3k.jpg
      83.9 KB · Views: 323
    • IMG958988_zpspfytpgpk.jpg
      IMG958988_zpspfytpgpk.jpg
      70.9 KB · Views: 321
    • IMG958989_zpsit98dxht.jpg
      IMG958989_zpsit98dxht.jpg
      74.6 KB · Views: 311

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    harmless little cuties...I don't mind the tunnels. where I grew up they did not live, so when I moved here & saw them, I thought they were cool..

5 yrs ago I had my Siamese in my arms outside, and right in front of us, one popped out of the ground and scurried away, the cat about climbed out of my arms after him...they disappear quick on the ground

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Picked up the solar powered mole chaser from H.F. yesterday, lets see what happens in a few days.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, the $9.99 ($7.99 with 20% off coupon) Harbor Freight Solar Mole Chaser works great. Put it in the ground several days ago, had one mole hole appear the next morning and nothing since then. Was getting at least 5 or 6 a day before that. Now just have to see how long it works for before it dies.

qommander

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Moles Too

Anyone have a good way to get rid of moles? One or more is all over my yard lately.
    Thanks for any ideas.

PS: I'm out of dynamite, nitro glycerin and C4 at the moment so will need something less volatile!:boom:

I have the same problem. I ended up going to Lowe's, getting a bag of repellent granules they have and a device that sends out sonic pulses that's suppose to drive em out. If that don't work, I'll try to kill em with poison peanuts or chewing gum in the tunnels. I don't want to kill the earthworms because they fertilize my well manicured lawn which I have for the first time in my life. But i will kill them too if I have to.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is that the one with a sonic noise? does it bother the dogs or cats?

It puts out a 2 or 3 second long beep every 30 seconds. Our dog only goes out on a leash but doesn't seem to bother her when she hears it if we are walking by. We don't have cat's although there are many in the neighborhood and if this helps keep them away I wouldn't mind!

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have the same problem. I ended up going to Lowe's, getting a bag of repellent granules they have and a device that sends out sonic pulses that's suppose to drive em out. If that don't work, I'll try to kill em with poison peanuts or chewing gum in the tunnels. I don't want to kill the earthworms because they fertilize my well manicured lawn which I have for the first time in my life. But i will kill them too if I have to.

If the Lowes one works like this it should do the trick for you. Nice to have a well manicured lawn, mine used to be nice but I was real busy 2 summers ago and it went to hell and is still like that now...

ljnelke

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mole solution

My dad used to use the lawnmower's exhaust to "put them to sleep." He'd rig a piece of iron pipe to the exhaust manifold and clamp a rubber hose to that and stuff the open end in a mole hole. Then he'd run the mower (or any gasoline engine) for awhile until he figured that they'd had enough. So basically he gassed them with carbon monoxide. I'm sure this method would be frowned upon by environmentalists because it would probably kill worms and other critters down in the earth also. But there it is. All I know is that it worked if you gassed them long enough (trial and error). If you saw exhaust seeping out of other mole holes, you just had to stomp them down a little to seal in the gas. When I was a kid they used to use the shotgun shell mole traps too, but I'm sure the liability and local ordinances prohibit that sort of device these days.

ChuckLeary

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My dad used to use the lawnmower's exhaust to "put them to sleep." He'd rig a piece of iron pipe to the exhaust manifold and clamp a rubber hose to that and stuff the open end in a mole hole. Then he'd run the mower (or any gasoline engine) for awhile until he figured that they'd had enough. So basically he gassed them with carbon monoxide. I'm sure this method would be frowned upon by environmentalists because it would probably kill worms and other critters down in the earth also. But there it is. All I know is that it worked if you gassed them long enough (trial and error). If you saw exhaust seeping out of other mole holes, you just had to stomp them down a little to seal in the gas. When I was a kid they used to use the shotgun shell mole traps too, but I'm sure the liability and local ordinances prohibit that sort of device these days.

Hmm, gassing them up then.

COASTIE

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was visiting friends when the neighbor lady rushed in.
    "There's a snake in my barn, come kill it!"
    We all went over, .22lr revolver, .410 shotgun, opps, metal barn.
    Lot of material for bullets/shot to bounce around.
    And a six foot plus bright yellow king snake.
    The lady had horses and complained about gophers constantly.
    I asked if she still had gophers.
    "NO! KILL THE SNAKE."
    This is the reason your gophers are not a problem.
    We let the snake go.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Well, the $9.99 ($7.99 with 20% off coupon) Harbor Freight Solar Mole Chaser works great. Put it in the ground several days ago, had one mole hole appear the next morning and nothing since then. Was getting at least 5 or 6 a day before that. Now just have to see how long it works for before it dies.

I will risk $8 to try that one. So, you think it's working pretty well ? Is one enough for a big yard ?

Top Bottom