APOD Firearms

Anyone Else Carry Concealed in Their NutSac?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’ve carried in almost every conceivable way and have the bin full of holsters to prove it. But I have to say carrying in my NutSac lately has been a revelation! I was hesitant at first but have gradually warmed up to it.

So I came across this really nice canvas & leather satchel/man bag called the NutSac. Handmade in the USA and high quality. I was able to fix a kydex holster firmly into the pocket and it works perfectly and is 100% locked in and secure.

I’m well aware of the negative professional opinions on the drawbacks of offbody carry but with it slung cross my shoulder it’s not going to be snatched off me and just as fast to draw from the way I have it set up. The realty of having a hunk of steel inside the waistband can get irritating and tiresome after a while.

I’ve found this a nice option for certain situations. Plus I can easily carry a tourniquet/mini 1st aid kit in case my firearm somehow does not magically make me bullet and knife proof.

When some joker says nice purse dude I just say it’s not a purse it’s my NutSac!

a4edaac45d5580010f08687ee72aa1c6.jpg
    5086ddf127e793b873869268c814aefa.jpg
    ccf9f1d2b6b2ff15ba803c94fe03ad7c.jpg

8bebb34a69af725fa01c99bff893d0d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cool man I dig it. I will be on the lookout for a "nutsack" in the future. I like the fanny pack option too. Have you tried a belly holster? I have one and that sucker can conceal a dang Desert Eagle no problem with extra mags without printing. The only downfall for the belly band is that it gets hot in the summer and maybe a winter only thing for me.

Otherwise its usually appendix carry for me.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No I haven't tried the belly band. Didn't think I would like that wetsuit like material stuck to me and I already sweat enough! Appendix has been my goto carry method for a while as well. It really has no equal for undetectable concealment, security and speed. I go back and forth between the NutSac and T'rex Sidecar Appendix holster depending on what I'm doing and wearing.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Neat idea , how about and come and spend a couple of hrs with me and see how well It really works would like to explore this idea. Just my 5 cents jj

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My NutSac has the wife's seal of approval and she's not embarrassed at all to be seen with it in public! Sometimes she'll even hold it for me!

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Given that one knows the drawbacks to off body carry that is actually one of the better "murses" I've seen. They have their place and time. I just bookmarked their website for future use.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Neat idea , how about and come and spend a couple of hrs with me and see how well It really works would like to explore this idea. Just my 5 cents jj

I would like to do that some time and just get some more realistic based training in general. It's a comprise of sorts and I'm sure there are drawback's you could expose.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Thanks for sharing Fletch. I'm with oneshot and donr on this one, I'd like to see or participate in some training to see if it's applicable. Most of the "man carry bags" that I've seen are either to tacticool or obvious off what's going on, kinda like a Sneaky Pete holster.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    how is your time getting the weapon out of that bag and how discreet can you be?

Maybe just a hair slower than iwb carried at 3 o'clock. Would be interesting to put it on a timer. As far as a discreet draw I'm not sure it's any more or less discreet than reaching under one's shirt.

One plus I could see is that in a situation where it looked real shady but didn't warrant drawing is that you could walk with your hand in the bag with a solid grip on the gun. Maybe not discreet but hidden from view and would not be brandishing. From that position the draw would be faster than starting outside of one's shirt in iwb.

When carried with shoulder strap across the shoulder and chest it's rather easy to draw and present with a two handed grip without anything getting in the way.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for sharing Fletch. I'm with oneshot and donr on this one, I'd like to see or participate in some training to see if it's applicable. Most of the "man carry bags" that I've seen are either to tacticool or obvious off what's going on, kinda like a Sneaky Pete holster.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

That's what I like about this is that it's not tactic-cool and does not look out of place with normal work or casual dress. Kinda like messenger bag maybe. And I do sometimes carry an iPad and/or Kindle in it as well. I really like the whole gray man concept to carrying and try to be as inconspicuous as possible.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Just call will set up a time, I'm all ways looking for something new to show people, but like to know all the pro's and con to things be fore, Have been thinking about setting up a class just for people to come and see how will they can use their way of CCw. 850-572-6611 Just my 5 cents jj

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not my style. I will admit to putting a BUG in a ZipLock bag, then into a side pocket in board shorts on beach days. You just need to do what works for you, just know its limits. The NutSack is less of a giveaway then the safari/fishing vest! Lol

Top Bottom