• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Finally got a chance to really put the turret hunting set up to the test... it DID NOT disappoint.

Got out to the pasture where I killed the double the other day knowing they would be back. Got all set up... for daylight hunting I chose one of my Aero M5 builds, YHM LT suppressor, Trijicon TA11E, 110 TAP for ammo.

Camo net worked like a charm...

Within minutes of getting settled, a coyote came from my right... I swung the turret around and spoiled his plans of feasting on the two dead pigs from the other day... shot was about 60 yards.

Got back settled in... and about an hour or less later a really cute couple stopped by for some free corn... or so they thought. When I shot the sow the boar walked over and gave her the "get the heck up" look so of course I had to make sure he took the same trip she did... cute couple no?

Well, time to roll up the camo net and move to a location where I know the pigs come out AFTER dark. There were some fresh rootings and I spruced them up earlier today with some golden goodie... corn that is. I switched hardware and mounted my home-built 16" AA barreled 6.5 Grendel with Hornady 123gr ELD Match ammo. I used a PVS-14 mounted on an Ops-Core Bump helmet and have the Inforce WML with white/IR as well as a new TNVC Torch II for extended IR needs.

Got the therma cells going and just after dark I saw a spot about 500 yards out moving my way... figured it was a hog. He closed the distance and started nibbling on some not-so-free corn. When he was about 75 yards out, I hit him with the Inforce IR illuminator (to knock down the laser bloom), settled the OTAL-C dot on his shoulder, and touched one off. I could tell as he ran kicking up dirt he was a goner... he went about 10 yards into the brush.

All in all, an outstanding day/night in the field with a personal best one-day/night kill of three pigs and one coyote. That damn turret it the shit!!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom