• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkM

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    what would a feasible selling price be for a model 700 7mm rem mag? walnut stock an 26” barrel

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That's like asking what your blind date looks like. Academy has the ADL for 379.99 new. And it might be just me, but I think it really boils down to which model 700 it is, age, condition and some folks like to know how many rounds have been thru it. But maybe if you go to gunbroker, you can get a better idea of what you have and their "asking" (begging) price. g/l

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    they did make ADLs in 7mm RM in wood until around '02 somewhere around $300 I would think if it was 90%. A standard BDL in 90% would be closer to $500 IMO.

it is funny how it works though...was in a Pawn the other day and saw a youth S/A ADL in somewhere around 80% and the guy told me he had to get $475 for it. I just simple asked if he knew they sold them brand new at Wally World for $379...I got no comment. Apparently they do at Academy too.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The price of new guns has dropped to an all time low. It's hard to accept but it is what it is.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Another thing - - -> and the application for the 7mm Rem Mag chambering in NW Fla is . . . . . ??
    I had one in Maine. Great gun. Was one of the first guns that I sold when I moved down here after hitting a couple deer that weighed 90lbs with a 140gr NosPart. ---- SAWMAN

olecarver

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Another thing - - -> and the application for the 7mm Rem Mag chambering in NW Fla is . . . . . ??
    I had one in Maine. Great gun. Was one of the first guns that I sold when I moved down here after hitting a couple deer that weighed 90lbs with a 140gr NosPart. ---- SAWMAN

Bill this statement just gives me a vision of you walking up to right there where that 7mm tap the 90 critter cause he didn't give you any tracking after that round hit it,, an just lowered your head thinking Durn Fla deer never stood a chance. Oh well gonna be good eating anyhow... LoL

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah, I found out pretty quickly that a deer that was 100lbs on the hoof was alot different than a deer that was 280 on the hoof.
    The first deer that I shot was at 120yds from my shooting house. It was a 90-100lb doe. She didn't even stagger. She ran,with tail streight up,off the plot. I was so darn amazed that I couldn't even work the bolt.
    There was no blood on the plot. Off the edge about 20yds I started to see some dark red lung blood spray. I found her about 30yds further.
    This was using a 140gr NosPart at 3100fps. My next hunt,several days later,I was using my Benelli MR1 chambered in 223Rem. I was shooting a Barnes 55gr TSX. I missed getting a shot at a good sized buck because of darkness. The next morning I killed him. He was a nice 8pt,17" inside,and weighed 120lbs.
    One shot took both lungs and top of heart at 90yds. He staggered 10yds and fell over dead. Massive internal damage. Bullet exited far side.
    Great gun (Browning Stainless Stalker),but sold it fairly quickly. --- SAWMAN

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    One of the guys I grew up with lived in Montana for a few years. Once he moved back the 7mm Mag was put in the back of the safe and stayed there until he would go up north to hunt where the deer are bigger and the shots were longer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can see y'alls point, but I don't remember ever wishing for a less powerful gun.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I can see y'alls point, but I don't remember ever wishing for a less powerful gun.

When I’m able to hunt I’m carrying either a Mossberg 12 gauge pump or Savage 30-06 bolt action depending on where. They are both in the boat or truck regardless when I go
    Edit:Left out the Ruger Redhawk 44 Mag (Thanks fishingjean aka Denny) Some days there is a Marlin 336 in 30-30 and since we lost the lease on the river nothing gets left in the truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I'll say it. - - -> In NW Fla or lower Alabama any deer can be effectively hunted/killed using a longer bbl'ed 223/5.56,the right scope,and the right bullet at the faster speeds available. Include in this,at ranges <300yds. Would probably go so far as to say . . . same with the 300BLK.
    This - - -> IMO. ---- SAWMAN

Last edited:

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    we ran a 7.62X40WT in a bolt gun year before last and it was deadly out to 200 yards with a 125 gr BT..very light recoil... need to get my hands back on that puppy

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom