• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    In the last couple of years I have sold "a few" of my higher end firearms. They were advertised on a non- local forum that routinely has similar firearms listed.
    As worked out with the buyer,I packed them in a new hard plastic case,then had a box made that fit the case perfectly. In some cases I included the dies,shell holder,and brass. In most cases the buyer wanted the scope left on the weapon.
    Then there is the shipping cost + insurance. In two different cases the buyer wanted faster than normal shipping. All this gets pretty expensive.
    Then there is the worry for the buyer that the weapon will be in "as stated" or "as pictured" condition. There was worry on my part that the funds would be transferred correctly and legitimately. In case of a USPS money order,I had to go to my local USPS and have them scan it for authenticity. I would not even start to package the weapon until I checked the MO. However I would not cash it until I sent the weapon.
    On all occasions the buyer snd seller were satisified.
    BUT . . . . . what a royal PITA. I would much rather sell the weapons locally. And I will be selling some more of my weapons in the near future. I will list them for what I feel they are worth. If they do not sell . . . fine. Hopefully time is on my side. The value might not increase over time,but it will not decrease either. (HOPEFULLY) ---- SAWMAN
    ADDED - - -> To the OP - - -> hope you get $1,000,000 for the weapon sir. But my guess . . . you will be extremely lucky to get $1,000 for it.

Last edited:

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Yeah, but what about all the trades?

Hey man, a slightly used Anderson lower with a no name "upgraded" trigger, utg stock and grip, slick side, no dust cover upper with a airsoft handguard and sights, and a 13.x" barrel with a pinned "stand off" muzzle device (still only 15.5" though) on a 1/14 twist 5.55mm(not a typo) barrel with a red dot that changes reticle colors
    between red, green, blue, purple, pink, orange and "dazzle", 3 usgi 20rd (pinned to 10) mags...... Does NOT feed the kids or put gas in the tank...... But it's a so much fun to shoot!!!

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Hey man, a slightly used Anderson lower with a no name "upgraded" trigger, utg stock and grip, slick side, no dust cover upper with a airsoft handguard and sights, and a 13.x" barrel with a pinned "stand off" muzzle device (still only 15.5" though) on a 1/14 twist 5.55mm(not a typo) barrel with a red dot that changes reticle colors
    between red, green, blue, purple, pink, orange and "dazzle", 3 usgi 20rd (pinned to 10) mags...... Does NOT feed the kids or put gas in the tank...... But it's a so much fun to shoot!!!

Shoot, I'd take that over a LWRC any day.

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    + 1 for " TackleberryMC "....I would touch base with him...I have met him several times...helluva nice guy and the Man Does Know his AR's !!!

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Gunbroker is not the way to go for your everyday firearms but for something collectible, you are reaching a much wider audience.

Top Bottom