• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I was a supply officer. S-8 (stock control) on cvn-65. Best gig on the ship as far as I'm concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The funny thing is that ever since the Chris Kyle stuff, apparently I "resemble" him with my blond beard! I get asked all the time if I'm "special forces!"

I politely let them no. I am civil service and serve along side some great guys that go into and out of combat from time to time. But I've never served!

I met a guy at Lowes one day and we got to talking. I ended up meeting him back at the checkout line! He offered to let me use his Military discount. I politely declined and told him why. I had never earned that discount!!!!

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    And don't forget their Security Clearance. "Aw yeah man, I had a Krypton security clearance". When I questioned it, it was , "aw man, it's a level 4, that's the highest you can get, I was in charge of nukes". Or "It was when I had Pentagon duty". Well okay, if that's what you wanna believe, but you look stupid for saying such bs. Lie to your friends and family that never served, but not to a Vet that knows. And the list goes on of different sec. clearances people have boasted having, which never existed. Ironically, these guys were in the military. Beats me?:pound:

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    LOL . Reminds me of this saying , You can snow the snowman , but you can't shit the shitter.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My uncle was in the Army Ordnance Corps. He was a truthful guy as far as I could tell, never had any wazoo"so there is was in a pile of spent shell casings and hand grenade pins" stories. He did share their motto which I thought was clever. "Rangers can last days without food, Seals can last minutes without air, but no one can last seconds without ammo."

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    And don't forget their Security Clearance. "Aw yeah man, I had a Krypton security clearance". When I questioned it, it was , "aw man, it's a level 4, that's the highest you can get, I was in charge of nukes". Or "It was when I had Pentagon duty". Well okay, if that's what you wanna believe, but you look stupid for saying such bs. Lie to your friends and family that never served, but not to a Vet that knows. And the list goes on of different sec. clearances people have boasted having, which never existed. Ironically, these guys were in the military. Beats me?:pound:

letters and numbers are more impressive...

Alpha1 clearance, not many get that one....:biggrin1:

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some civilian jobs require a security clearance , but I thought you got one or got let go. I didn't know there were different levels.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There are but 3 levels of classification for information within the US government: Confidential, Secret, and Top Secret.

There are however, many different levels of access, including SAP and SCI.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Believe it or not I WAS a Seal back in the late 70"s.

Halloween of 78 I rented a seal suit, big nose and long whiskers

Actually, I was just an Army medic.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Believe it or not I WAS a Seal back in the late 70"s.

Halloween of 78 I rented a seal suit, big nose and long whiskers

Actually, I was just an Army medic.

Love Army medics.....take a knee, drink water, here is enough Motrin to kill a horse liver. lol.....just joshing ya, love me a good medic when needed, just always hope to keep you in the middle underemployed and over trained.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I never saw the need to embellish my service. I left it in pretty sound condition, and that was better than a few I knew and many I have heard of.

I WAS spoiled by my first duty station. After being in DIRSUP SUB-SURFACE in the '70's, the rest of the career was pretty boring! LOL

Spook Group Peal Harbor, baby! http://spookgroup.tripod.com/

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think this new generation of veteran feels a bit too entitled. Its the knee jerk effect from our poor Nam guys getting treated like crap so the next big war all of a sudden everyone is a hero and gets a trophy. Oh what no military discount? This is outrageous, how dare you not thank me for my service!!! lol.

Nam guys went thru a lot to try to fix a broken system for us and I thank you from the bottom of my heart, but some of these guys are taking way too much advantage of stuff these days. Ingrown toenail, pay me. Knee hurts, pay me. I heard an explosion once, pay me. The VA might suck ass either way but being inundated with BS claims is not helping matters. When the Infantryman that lost his legs in combat is waiting in line behind the Coast Guard guy that did desk shore duty for 3 years claiming debilitating combat related PTSD payments.....something is wrong with this generation of servicemen, not just the system. My opinion YMMV

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Any time I am asked, my response is "bulk fuel; pump gas, kick ass, and never spill a drop". Of course that story is a complete fabrication of my service, but I just like how it flows off the tongue.

So me and a couple guys are driving back from the theater in main side to felony, oops I mean French creek, when we see a marine walking in the pouring rain at the traffic circle. We let him in, get back on the road and we ask what's his MOS.
    "Bulk fuel".
    Our driver asks in astonishment. "What unit are you in ?! We're fuels with ESB."
    So our passenger clears his throat and responds"oh wow I didn't know that was an actual job. They tell us at MARSOB to say that when people ask."

There's no point in embellishing, i don't even believe some of the stupid shit I saw.

Mozella

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's not just some drunk at he next bar stool who does this. John McCain is constantly being called a "fighter pilot" and interviewers go on to say that he was offered early release but was heroic enough to turn down the offer because he didn't "want to leave his men"; thus making McCain a great hero.

I flew fighters in Airwing 16 onboard Oriskany when John's Daddy, a powerful Admiral, arranged a cross deck transfer so that John could get some combat experience. Since he couldn't fly with a damn, he was assigned to the relatively simple A-4 Skyhawk which is a light attack aircraft. It is NOT a fighter and the men who flew that aircraft are Attack Pilots, not Fighter Pilots

Attack Pilots who knew McCain before he joined us predicted he wouldn't last long since he was such a poor pilot. Sure enough he got bagged right away. As a POW he didn't have any "men". The chain of command was real simple. Commander James Stockdale was the senior officer for most of the time and then there was everyone else. McCain not only had zero to do with making decisions about how POW's behaved, he was under direct orders not to accept individual repatriation just each and every other POW. All of them were constantly offered early release and all but three or four of them refused.

While in captivity, McCain was just one of the guys except that unlike most, he cooperated with the enemy to an extent greater than was considered honorable. The other POW's gave serious consideration to proceeding with a court martial for McCain after they were released, but rejected the notion for fear that the press would jump on the story and make it look like all the POW's were suspect. In fact, nearly every one of them was a real hero. McCain is not among them but he certainly smiles and nods his head when TV interviewers call him a great hero.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

The only clearance worth claiming to have is the TS/SCI, and if you can add a couple caveats to that, like HCS or TK, then even better.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think this new generation of veteran feels a bit too entitled. Its the knee jerk effect from our poor Nam guys getting treated like crap so the next big war all of a sudden everyone is a hero and gets a trophy. Oh what no military discount? This is outrageous, how dare you not thank me for my service!!! lol.

Nam guys went thru a lot to try to fix a broken system for us and I thank you from the bottom of my heart, but some of these guys are taking way too much advantage of stuff these days. Ingrown toenail, pay me. Knee hurts, pay me. I heard an explosion once, pay me. The VA might suck ass either way but being inundated with BS claims is not helping matters. When the Infantryman that lost his legs in combat is waiting in line behind the Coast Guard guy that did desk shore duty for 3 years claiming debilitating combat related PTSD payments.....something is wrong with this generation of servicemen, not just the system. My opinion YMMV

Yeah, my mileage does vary, in fact. Sounds like you're hanging out with the wrong servicemen.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's not just some drunk at he next bar stool who does this. John McCain is constantly being called a "fighter pilot" and interviewers go on to say that he was offered early release but was heroic enough to turn down the offer because he didn't "want to leave his men"; thus making McCain a great hero.

I flew fighters in Airwing 16 onboard Oriskany when John's Daddy, a powerful Admiral, arranged a cross deck transfer so that John could get some combat experience. Since he couldn't fly with a damn, he was assigned to the relatively simple A-4 Skyhawk which is a light attack aircraft. It is NOT a fighter and the men who flew that aircraft are Attack Pilots, not Fighter Pilots

Attack Pilots who knew McCain before he joined us predicted he wouldn't last long since he was such a poor pilot. Sure enough he got bagged right away. As a POW he didn't have any "men". The chain of command was real simple. Commander James Stockdale was the senior officer for most of the time and then there was everyone else. McCain not only had zero to do with making decisions about how POW's behaved, he was under direct orders not to accept individual repatriation just each and every other POW. All of them were constantly offered early release and all but three or four of them refused.

While in captivity, McCain was just one of the guys except that unlike most, he cooperated with the enemy to an extent greater than was considered honorable. The other POW's gave serious consideration to proceeding with a court martial for McCain after they were released, but rejected the notion for fear that the press would jump on the story and make it look like all the POW's were suspect. In fact, nearly every one of them was a real hero. McCain is not among them but he certainly smiles and nods his head when TV interviewers call him a great hero.
    Wow that was an interesting read sir. Thanks for sharing that. i would never have come across that information otherwise.

Top Bottom