• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I traded for an AR15 advertised with EOTech optics. Turns out it's a fake EOTech. No serial number, light visible from the front....
    What to do. I got it from a forum member.
    I never even knew that fake eotechs existed until today.

Rick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    He said it was real and had a serial number. It doesn't. But it's the only AR I purchased and my first and only eotech that I ever had . I'm mostly a pistol guy or iron sights on rifles.

wags68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I would ask him to make it right. If he does not do the right thing, I would post a seller review and let everyone know what a bum deal you had. Really sad that we cannot trust forum members to take care of each other and do the right thing.

Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is it possible the seller didn't know? Maybe somebody else ripped him off? Just thinking out loud.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I would be 100% sure it's fake before doing that. Not familiar with Eotech's so not an expert by any means, if definitely fake seller should make it right or name be posted as a beware of buyer.

Rick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Seller may not have been aware. But he did say it had a serial number, which it certainly does not.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That sucks Rick. I know what it's like for an item to be misrepresented by another forum member. That forced me to leave a bad review so that people know who they are dealing with. He has probably made a new user name by now and probably would avoid me even if I offered double.

Anyhow yeah man eotech customer service can tell you exactly what to look for to see if it's a fake on the phone. Even if it had a serial number they could tell you. I would call eotech in the morning and confirm. If it's a fake, contact the seller and see if he will make it right, if he suddenly becomes had to reach, write a review with his name so no one else gets hosed by his antics.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There are good fakes out there and folks get ripped off from time to time...

Devils advocate= if I was the one who sold it to you as real then later down the road you come back and say its a fake---who's to say you didn't swap out a real one fer a fake one trying to get money back?

Gotta be buyer beware...sorry bout the misfortune.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Devils advocate= if I was the one who sold it to you as real then later down the road you come back and say its a fake---who's to say you didn't swap out a real one fer a fake one trying to get money back?

Dang Jason... LOL

With the Eotech buyback going on I don't understand why people would sell them anyway. You can get full retail price back on it right now. I did that on one and then bought another one used and got $50 back on it from L3... So just keep that in mind.

Of course if it's not fake!!!

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    That REALLY sucks! And I'd love to see the other side of the story, just for amusement. Regardless, he needs to make it right. Was this on that AR from the new member off Armslist? Always have to be careful with new guys I hope he rectifies or I predict:
    2bc724854ef091c999d809d3b3d50b5d.jpg

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Google "fake EOTech" or something similar. I seem to remember some good what to look for type of info out there on the interweb.
    If you feel that you have been wronged by a member here,post a seller/buyer review. Make sure you state only the facts. Then allow him to post his side of the story. Hopefully he will do the right thing IF this was his fault. ---- SAWMAN

Rick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    After reading the online eotech reviews, I think my fake one works better than the real ones. It's zeroed in and hits bullseye's. Has both, red and green display...

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    After reading the online eotech reviews, I think my fake one works better than the real ones. It's zeroed in and hits bullseye's. Has both, red and green display...

Red and Green dead giveaway it's fake. I'm sure it will work great for ya. I only have one Eotech on a 10.5".223 AR Suppressed with the M4-02 Can. The Eotech still works well. Can hit a 12" steel plate at 200 yards with it. I would not buy another one though.

To identify a counterfeit product, look for the following:

Uncommon batteries – The counterfeit products often, but not always, require several small, hearing-aid-style batteries
    Interchangeable red and green reticle colors
    Highly reflective optics
    A visible LED light positioned inside the sight cavity
    NV push button that switches the LED to a different color instead of to a night-vision mode
    Lack of an EOTech manufacturing and serial number sticker

Last edited:

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Like Kendive said, dual lights definite fake.

Any word from the seller as to making it right? Has I unknowingly sold a fake, I would offer to return the trade or offer to buy you a real one. Whichever you wanted. A mans word and intergrity is not worth an eotech.

Rick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I don't think he intentionally sold me a fake. It works so I'll just keep using it. If nothing else, I learned a lesson. Anything can be faked.

Rick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It was part of a trade. Which I'm sure he already sold .

Top Bottom