Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I'm sure a trade value was assigned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It was. To be honest, I couldn't live with the guilt if I did this to someone by accident and found out later. I'd replace it. But that's just how I am.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I think most people on this forum would make it right voluntarily, if done by mistake, of course.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Call him out to make it right. Why should you be happy with a knock off if you were expecting the real deal. We want to know who to do business with or not..

Rick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I texted him and told him that he traded me a fake eotech. He said I was mistaken. I'm not. It's the only eotech I have ever had.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Please Post a buyer review with pics of the product in question.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Red/Green is dead giveaway of a fake. Put his name out there so others know not to deal with him.

Rick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'll text him again tomorrow and ask him if he's going to make it right. If he says no. I'll give the info to a mod to post for all to see. Is that okay?

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    This has come up before on the forum. We have a buyer/seller review section for these kind of situations. I hope the seller would "make it right". Given the avenues of research, anyone can find details about fake or real equipment. Not saying it was intentional but I would like to know the value placed on the "eotech" for a trade. It would be helpful to rest of the members to know the screen name so that they may approach accordingly in future deals with this particular member.

Thanks, JW

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Rick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Now that I know how to spot a fake, he actually showed me how to switch it from red to green with the push of a button. Not to mention no serial number.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Now that I know how to spot a fake, he actually showed me how to switch it from red to green with the push of a button. Not to mention no serial number.
    If you're cool with the transaction, fair enough.

Sent from my SM-T337V using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'm not cool with the transaction. I want to know who the perpetrator was.

I covered that in my first response. A buyer/seller review would be appreciated Rick. For future transactions with this member, especially if it's not resolved to a mutual understanding.

Sent from my SM-T337V using Tapatalk

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This has come up before on the forum. We have a buyer/seller review section for these kind of situations. I hope the seller would "make it right". Given the avenues of research, anyone can find details about fake or real equipment. Not saying it was intentional but I would like to know the value placed on the "eotech" for a trade. It would be helpful to rest of the members to know the screen name so that they may approach accordingly in future deals with this particular member.

Thanks, JW

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

With that being said, This seems to be a formal complaint from the buyer who now owes us an answer to who the seller is, or proves to use that the product sold is genuine. Why must things be so difficult. It's a knock off, or it ain't. If it is we deserve the right to know it. Or the buyer should be on his way....

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Call him out to make it right. Why should you be happy with a knock off if you were expecting the real deal. We want to know who to do business with or not..

^^^^This^^^^ I do not want to do business with a guy that is pawning off fake stuff whether or not intentional. I like to take men at their word but whoever you traded with misrepresented the trade and I certainly would not want to do business with him. I would not want some other forum member to get burned by him either.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Not only that, but for the integrity of the forum itself, we can't just allow that to stand.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If Seller was "Showing you how to switch between Red and Green" Seller was demonstrating a FAKE EOTECH. There is no question that a Fake was on the rifle at time of sale. Below Link from EOTECH because there are so many counterfeits being sold for top dollar. There are too many Buyers who's life and the lives of others depend on it. Even if its just used on the range, its a sub standard knock-off that is realistically several hundered dollars less value then the real deal.

I fully agree with buyer beware. In this case a EOTECH was advertised but that was not provided at the transaction, a counterfeit device was substituted. This is not the case of a bad switch, internal corrosion or fuzzy reticle on a real EOTECH.

You have contact info, he sold counterfeit merchandise and that is illegal. There are other routes you can take. Ask him to make it right or get his attention and and satisfaction another way. I sure as hell would not suck up a $XXX loss on a deliberate scam. Even if by a remote chance the Seller didn't know it was fake, it is still his responsibility to make it right. Just because he got suckered, does not mean he is allowed to sucker someone else.

Who ever it was will be reading this. I urge him to "make it right", do it quickly. If the entire trade can't be reversed, offer cash, ammo or something of value to the Buyer.

Members IP Addresses can be checked for duplicate use by another User Name.

http://www.eotechinc.com/counterfeit-alert-how-to-spot-a-fake

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    This whole damn thing is starting to sound like BULLSHIT to me.
    If the origional poster thought this was important enough to him to start a new thread on the subject,why is he balking at putting out the guys screen name after 38 posts on this thread.
    He got screwed over or didn't. He cares or doesn't. He wants retrobution or doesn't. Maybe this whole damn thread should just go away until the origional poster can determine if he really got screwed or in the least really cares. --- SAWMAN

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Images, what was traded for what, etc. would be nice. Maybe the other guy wasn't happy with what he got, but doesn't know how to type.

Top Bottom