• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    The OP may not care, but I do. His post said "Got-ripped-off-Fake-eotech"
    Whether he cares or not is irrevellant now.
    He accused a member and has demonstrated proof of the fake product, but hasn't identified the perp.
    He leaves us to draw our own conclusions. Either it never happened, or he could care less about other forum members and future dealing with the perp.
    Either way, this whole thing is getting sketchy.

Cstokes91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm going to start selling pitchforks so I can fund a new AR build

I won't lie though, I don't really understand what OP has to gain by not saying who sold it or why the guy that sold it hasn't seen this thread. If he sold you a knock off id definitely be getting a refund... if you don't mind the knock off then get him to give you the difference for what youd pay for a used knock off in either cash or trade.

And if the guy isnt up for it report it with the leo that he is selling counterfeit products and blacklist his IP from the forum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The way I interpet OP's comments are:
    He knows he has been scammed, but understands "buyer beware" and as it sits when posted, he is stuck with it.
    He is looking for info on options he can pursue and how others have or would handle the situation.
    He also understands that a person's reputation is a serious issue. If he gives the name now, the Seller may not have any desire to work with the Buyer to make it right: The damage will start when the name hits the this tread or the Reviews.
    The Post puts the Seller on Notice, which may stimulate action before his reputation goes down the shitter.

I woould also like the Sellers screen name, real name, phone number and E-mail address so I can avoid doing business with him here or anywhere. That info combined with a slammed rep is the only leverage OP has on this Forum to achieve a fix. We need to be patient and let the OP hold it over the Sellers head until Sellers continued failure to act shuts the door.

If I were OP I would PM a Link to this Thread to the Seller, ensuring he is aware of it and providing a opportunity to respond. Seller may value the scam $ more then his reputation!

The only down side of not having the Sellers info is that he can continue to buy and sell with his reputation intact for now. This bring us back to doing our due diligence and Buyer Beware that should be done anyway.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm reluctant to leave bad feed back for anyone till I've given them a chance to correct their error. That said if they don't make it right I'll get on their case till they leave or I'm banned. I'm not going to let them shit someone else when I have the ability to prevent it.

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought you couldn't sell any thing on here as a .22lr unless some one vouched for you. Am I wrong?

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    It's comforting to see all these members looking out for the integrity of the forum. Thanks guys!
    42f1b2895b5d82635f4dc62460a1e661.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A Member sold a declared fake EOTech last Nov for $25. Net has new knockoffs for $40 - $100 , kinda sets the value. On the counterfeit.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hell , I might buy it. I'd fit in with all the mall ninjas at the public range then. :high5:

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Makes you to start questioning if, 1: He posted before he realized it was real, but since he posted it was fake, is sticking with it to save his integrity, or 2: It Never Happened and just wanted to see how many replies he could get?

Question 2, Why hasn't the Seller stepped up and admitted they're the person who sold the AR with a genuine/fake eotech? Most anyone would speak up if they were being accused of being a crook/thief. I certainly would have already spoke up if I was accused of ripping off someone, intentional or otherwise.

So, I'm calling BS.....:playball:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sharks circling, they just want to bite something.

Rick has two pages of Reviews. It might be worth the time to read them before questioning his integrity.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Makes you to start questioning if, 1: He posted before he realized it was real, but since he posted it was fake, is sticking with it to save his integrity, or 2: It Never Happened and just wanted to see how many replies he could get?

Question 2, Why hasn't the Seller stepped up and admitted they're the person who sold the AR with a genuine/fake eotech? Most anyone would speak up if they were being accused of being a crook/thief. I certainly would have already spoke up if I was accused of ripping off someone, intentional or otherwise.

So, I'm calling BS.....:playball:

Intentional or otherwise? Like someone forgot, or lost an address, or didn't know something was fake? What is the proper procedure for bringing the facts to light? Talking directly to the forgetful thief, or posting it on a forum?

Rick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The fake EOTech came from the ad for ar armalite currently on page 24, 13 August of firearms for sale. My local gun shop confirmed what I already knew, it's fake.

Top Bottom