32.1 KB · Views: 185
    • ValkyrieRecoilChart_Graphic.jpg
      ValkyrieRecoilChart_Graphic.jpg
      119.7 KB · Views: 247

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Did anyone see that there is a 100 grain offering in hunting bullets? I mean it is factory ammunition but looks like higher bullets will be in the near future.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
      Capture.PNG
      37.4 KB · Views: 181

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    More info - -> Federal will be loading a 90gr (SMK) to 2700fps.
    Still trying to find out what bbl twist will be used but with it's super long 90 and 100gr weight loadings,it will have to be fast,even with the added velocity. My guess . . 1:7
    Top photo - - - 5.56,Valkyrie,and Grendel
    Bottom photo - - - 90gr 5.56 and Valkyrie ---- SAWMAN

Attachments

• IMG_3549.jpg
      IMG_3549.jpg
      380.3 KB · Views: 228
    • IMG_3545.jpg
      IMG_3545.jpg
      422.6 KB · Views: 185
    Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Looks a little long. Reminds me of this guy I found:
    223 75gr, Grendel, x39, 223 90gr.
    It should. Similar bullet, but this one doesn't fit in AR15 mag.
    01a7882d8c4321ac9e93fb16e78723d2.jpg

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    If the makers of the Val systems plan on using the normal 6.8 mags they can't seat the bullet out too far. Then the problem becomes . . . if the 90 and 100gr bullets are seated to "normal" 6.8 mag length,what kind of powder will have to be used given the severely deminished powder capacity. Hmmmmmmm . . . ?? ---- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My application for the gun will be long range varmints,deer,and hogs. Never really checked but suspect that they're not any "hunting" bullets greater than the Barnes 70gr TSX although given the choice would rather have a 62gr TSX.
    For the decission to be made to switch from my 24" 5.56X45 to the Valkyrie would be a matter of the difference in velocities and magazines used. ( I already have some 5 and 10 shot 6.8 mags.)
    If the Val would produce speeds equal to the 22-250 they would sell one to me. And I suspect that seeing I do not have the need to shoot the 90 and 100gr bullets there should not be a problem with mag legnth,although the solid copper Barnes is fairly long.
    I will keep a close eye on this new chambering as time passes. I suspect one thing though. The Val will take tons of steam away from the 22Nos unless there is something that I am not seeing. ---- SAWMAN

chasin-tail

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My application for the gun will be long range varmints,deer,and hogs. Never really checked but suspect that they're not any "hunting" bullets greater than the Barnes 70gr TSX although given the choice would rather have a 62gr TSX.
    For the decission to be made to switch from my 24" 5.56X45 to the Valkyrie would be a matter of the difference in velocities and magazines used. ( I already have some 5 and 10 shot 6.8 mags.)
    If the Val would produce speeds equal to the 22-250 they would sell one to me. And I suspect that seeing I do not have the need to shoot the 90 and 100gr bullets there should not be a problem with mag legnth,although the solid copper Barnes is fairly long.
    I will keep a close eye on this new chambering as time passes. I suspect one thing though. The Val will take tons of steam away from the 22Nos unless there is something that I am not seeing. ---- SAWMAN
    The new Savage coming out looks nice! Any idea when they will hit the stores?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Would guess they will introduce them to the public at the shot show then release in limited numbers shortly thereafter.
    I want one !! --- SAWMAN

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    LWRC is planning on offering Valkyrie entrant based on their six8. Platform. I've not handled the six8 mags but that may offer more length to take advantage of in a semi platform. Of course the rifle and mags are double the price of the competition. Bolt gun for the win?!?!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah,knowing LWRC the 224V package that they end up with will be great . . including price. Most likely proprietary mags also.
    I will be watching companies like Mossbesg,Ruger,and Savage for a bolt gun. Hopefully with detachable mag and a 24" 1:6 or 1:7 twist bbl. Possibly a AR platform but with stuff I want built in.
    ALL TOGETHER NOW - - -> say bye-bye 22Nosler . . . --- SAWMAN

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jp shipping barrels, uppers and completely guns Jan 15-17 first order closed. They are currently taking 2nd round order's. Topping off with the new luoplod mark 5 ( my bro) gave me a 50% cert for Christmas. I have spoken to several people who have run the 224 test guns, out to 1100 plus. They were impressed. This is strictly a prs gas series gun, for me. It's simply a recoil game. Lighter and softer shooting than ar10 / 6.5cr with the same down range performance. Ammo @.50 a round.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Leave it to JP for this stuff. Wilson will be right along shortly.
    Wondering if it will be large or small primer pockets ?? Also how easily made from 6.8 brass. Hopefully one pass thru the die then trim/chamber.---- SAWMAN

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    LWRC is planning on offering Valkyrie entrant based on their six8. Platform. I've not handled the six8 mags but that may offer more length to take advantage of in a semi platform. Of course the rifle and mags are double the price of the competition. Bolt gun for the win?!?!

I did a little more digging on the LWRC six8. It looks like the only "benefit" is being able to use the magpul 6.8 mags. I know they had changed the dimensions for the magwell but it sounds like you're not getting anymore length out of the 6.8 pmags. That kind of sours the six8 for me. That's a huge premium just to use poly mags

Top Bottom