• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Due to some recent conversations and some discussion on other gun groups I would recommend everyone do their own "due diligence" with this business.
    I've been to their shop a couple times but have yet to do business with them. This is just to raise awareness within this group. If anyone has conducted business with them in the past or current, good or bad, please leave a review.

Thanks JW

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    To be clear,I have not done any buisness with them.
    I stopped at their table at the Hadji Shrine show. IIRC they were directly in back of jj. I talked to them at length about several different gun related "projects" that I had in mind. I walked away shakeing my head. I feel like they send everything out to be done by who the hell knows.
    The guys that I talked to there were all younger with (IMO) not much expierance. Remember gentleman,the seemingly simple cerakote process is really not so simple. The disassembly prep,and reassembly,takes time and know how.
    These guys just did not impress me. --- SAWMAN

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aaaahahahahaaa I knew it was a matter of time! Myself and a few others expressed our concerns over a year ago via other social media when they hired "calvin"... and the laundry list of problems he has had. From what I've been hearing, seems like it's more of the same. I wonder how the PFC fanboys will try to defend this...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    To be clear,I have not done any buisness with them.
    I stopped at their table at the Hadji Shrine show. IIRC they were directly in back of jj. I talked to them at length about several different gun related "projects" that I had in mind. I walked away shakeing my head. I feel like they send everything out to be done by who the hell knows.
    The guys that I talked to there were all younger with (IMO) not much expierance. Remember gentleman,the seemingly simple cerakote process is really not so simple. The disassembly prep,and reassembly,takes time and know how.
    These guys just did not impress me. --- SAWMAN
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it you recommending them to someone and trying to get them to join the forum?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I really do not think so but please correct me if I am wrong. I usually will not recommend someone unless I have done buisness with them.
    At one point I wanted to stop by their shop and see who was there and if I could talk to anyone besides who I talked to at the gunshow. I never did.
    Seems that I did tell them about the forum and suggest they join as a gun related buisness. --- SAWMAN

berr90

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Calvin did a stipple job for me about a year ago. Work wasn't horrible and took about 10 weeks. Since then though I've been hearing some pretty interesting stuff.

Glad to see some other info about them before I take anything back.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Yeah I'd rather not speculate and call him bad before asking around. Just trying to share some info about the owner.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Is Calvin the actual ower of the PFC in Cantonment across from the old Post Office ??
    If so,approx how old is he. All the guys at the gunshow who I saw and/or talked to were under 30 or so. ---- SAWMAN

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Is Calvin the actual ower of the PFC in Cantonment across from the old Post Office ??
    If so,approx how old is he. All the guys at the gunshow who I saw and/or talked to were under 30 or so. ---- SAWMAN
    He's about the same age, mid 30s if I had to guess. But he may just have a smooth face...

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What exactly does "PFC Industries LLC" stand for? Is it just letters or a abbreviation for the proper name? I pulled some Net info but hesitate to toss it out here without confirmation on who they actually are. There is nothing on the BBB by that name. Any body have their FFL#?

Cootcommander

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you want ownership info sunbiz.org will tell you who owns any company in the state.

Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've heard nothing but bad things about those guys since before that place even opened so I've stayed far away. But as a young (31 year old) buisness owner myself, I don't think it's an age issue with them, it's just shoddy buisness.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some general info. There are two main issues, one is Calvin Stathem and the other is the companies he's attached to. The information provide comes from the Links listed below it. If links don't open, cut, paste and delete the brackets and url before and after the Link.

There are old, duplicate and changed company names. This leads to an abundance conflicting info on the Net. Company License numbers are the only accurate way to track them with reasonable accuracy.

Issues regarding Calvin D. Stathem start here.
    https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/problem-with-calvin-stathem-weapon-worx.1649152/

A FFL# 9-86-019-07-6K-06722 listed to Calvin David Stathem does not check out when run on Fed FFLEZCheck site.
    https://www.guntrustdepot.com/FFL-Dealers/ViewDealer?id=27919

Weapon Worx in Tucson/Vail AZ associated with Stathem: BBB "F" Rating, eight unanswed complaints.
    https://www.bbb.org/tucson/business-reviews/guns-and-gunsmiths/weapon-worx-in-vail-az-20086929

Weapon Worx Inc of Ft Lauderdale Fl (inactive, Voluntary Dissolution). Documents do not list an association with Stathem.
    http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/Co...onworx&listNameOrder=WEAPONWORX P110000892590

Complaint history on Stathem and his connection to FL business leads us to inquire about that business.
    The "ORIGINAL PFC Industries LLC", lists four persons including Stathem,* address is a house on Jupiter Drive Pensacola.* This says the company is "inactive", Voluntary Dissolution. Started on 6 Dec 16, Ended 27 Apr 17.* This was under Lic# L16000220539. Stathem is not listed as a responsible party in the businesses referenced beyond this point. Employment with the follow on businesses thereafter is unknown.
    https://www.flbusinessgo.com/Pfc-Industries-LLC-L16000220539/

Stathem is not currently listed with any businesses other then the old (inactive) PFC Industries LLC.
    https://www.flbusinessgo.com/Governor/STATHEM,+CALVIN/

PFC Industries LLC (above, inactive) and Panhandle Firearms And Coatings LLC (Active, below) are listed under the same primary person Justin C. Marcum. This Record remains but it actually changes later.
    https://www.flbusinessgo.com/Agent/MARCUM,+JUSTIN+C/

Blue Knight Tactical LLC Lic # L16000062021. Starts business on
    28 Mar 16. The Name is changed to "Panhandle Firearms and Coatings LLC" on 28 May 16. * There was a month overlap when it and PFC Industries LLC were both operating at the same time. Panhandle Firearms And Coatings is a Store front Business at 439 S Hwy 29 #4 in Cantonment.*
    Panhandle Firearms And Coating LLC changes Name again and becomes "New "PFC Industries, LLC" on Lic# L1600062021 on 26 Jun 17. William Wilson becomes primary person and REMOVES Justin Marcum from Agent Member list. This ends Marcum LLC responsibility, it may or may not change his employment status.
    An attached Letter from Marcum also relinquishes the Rights to the old and Inactive Name: PFC Industries LLC. Two seperate Licenses, same type business and one Name used twice. Without a date reference or license number, the info on the Net could be associated with ether the old or the new PFC Industries LLC. For this reason people can pull old info from the Net and think Stathem is connected with the New/current business PFC Industries LLC.
    Kyle W. Statam (do not confuse with Calvin D. Stathem) was added AMBR by Amendment but not removed by Amendment: he is omitted from Annual Report of 27 Apr 17.
    http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/Co...rchNameOrder=BLUEKNIGHTTACTICAL L160000620210

Official* FFLezcheck has FFL #1-59-XXXX-XX-XX-49165* listed as "PFC Industries LLC"* at Cantonment address (You have to enter the above Lic.). Is Active, 07 FFL.**
    https://fflezcheck.atf.gov/fflezcheck/fflSearch.do

I didn't find any Listing, Ratings or complaints on any PFC Industries LLC or its chain of names on the BBB Site.

Blue Knight Tactical LLC is registered again as a business on 16 Aug 16 by different people. Other then Name, I see no further connection to the other businesses. I have no info on Name or assets sold, transfered or just assumed/used.
    https://www.fl-registry.com/L16000156338-blue-knight-tactical-llc

I don't know the reasons for the changes in Key Listed people or business Name changes. It has always beem operated as a LLC and customers should understand what Limited Liability Company is. This is not condemnation of LCC's but your means of legal address of a issue may be limited by their LLC protections.

A limited liability company (LLC) is a corporate structure whereby the members of the company cannot be held personally liable for the company's debts or liabilities. Limited liability companies are essentially hybrid entities that combine the characteristics of a corporation and a partnership or sole proprietorship.

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have the guy who started PFC on my Facebook page. I will contact him and see if he wants to get on here and clarify this. I saw his work in the beginning and it was amazing. The only reason I didn't get something coated was I didn't have a gun that needed/warranted a good refinish.

garryj

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I had a Sig 1911 refinished there and they did a beautiful job(see New Life for My Sig RCS in Handgun Talk). Unfortunately, there was a problem with my gun jamming(3 fail to feed in 28 rounds). I knew it was something they did, because the gun had functioned flawlessly for over 600 rounds previous to their work. Instead of owning the problem like a good businessman, he tried to blame everything but his work. It really put me off and made me rethink giving them my business for any future refinish jobs. To be fair, he did take my gun to the range and test fire it, but it took him two weeks to do that. The original finish job only took one week. It works now(~70 rounds without a malfunction), but I will not fully trust it until I get at least a couple hundred more rounds through it with no malfunctions.

Garry

Last edited:

Day1989

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I dropped an SKS off for them to work on back in February. I wanted a rail mounted on the side of the receiver. Just needed two holes drilled and taped. Talked to one of the guys there and they said that would be easy for them to do. It would only be about an hour job. Couple weeks passed and I hadn’t heard anything so I decided to call. Couples calls later and I couldn’t get anyone on the phone. Left a message. Couple days went by without a reply so I decided to swing by. The guy tells me that they didn’t have the right bits for the thread pattern of the screws that came with the rail. So they ordered the right set and we’re waiting on them to come in. Couple more weeks go by and I haven’t heard anything. So again I try to call. No answer. I stop by to see what’s going on and the guys claims that the order is on hold and they are still waiting. So I practice patience and give it a couple more weeks. Still no answer. About 3 weeks ago I decide that enough is enough. I stop by and talk to the guy working(different guy than who I’ve been dealing with.) I tell them that I’m not mad and I understand that delays happen but it’s been 5 months since I dropped it off and they have yet to complete the order. I said I would gladly pay them something for the hassle but I would like my rifle back. He goes to get it for me and brings back a disassembled rifle. I asked if he would have the armorer put it back together since they knew how the parts went and I wanted to make sure all the parts were returned. He said ok and took it back. I stopped in last Friday to pick up the rifle and it had yet to be reassembled. The same guy was working. So he took my name and number down and said he would call the owner and see about getting it put back together. I’ve stopped by and tried calling multiple times without a response.

Members online

Top Bottom