APOD Firearms

man & woman, different? same? equal? or made to work together?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I discovered Ayn Rand in the early 70's.....A lot of people I knew were reading her works....But...Very few people these days would ever take the time to read her books or watch her old Black & White interviews....The Fountainhead....Anthem....and especially Atlas Shrugged which is the size of Tolstoy's War and Peace.....People don't seem to have time to be bothered with such these days.....

Reality never goes away....But it's up to you to decide whether to accept it... or the consequences.

My husband and I had watched a couple of her interviews you mentioned, then this thread came up.

She was no feminist, for sure!

I particularly enjoyed watching her being interviewed and being challenged by males and I was looking for the sure signs of bitterness and compensation tactics of "inferior trying to prove superior" that feminists ooze out - and she was just a rock of clarity. No ego, nothing to prove just her own person. Not owned by anyone or anything. Just possed by her own mind.

Pure and simple.

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My husband and I had watched a couple of her interviews you mentioned, then this thread came up.

I particularly enjoyed watching her being interviewed and being challenged by males and I was looking for the sure signs of bitterness and compensation tactics of "inferior trying to prove superior" that feminists ooze out - and she was just a rock of clarity. No ego, nothing to prove just her own person. Not owned by anyone or anything. Just possed by her own mind.

Pure and simple.

You described her perfectly......" She was just a Rock of Clarity...No Ego....Nothing to prove...just her own person.....Not owned by anyone or anything....Just Her and that Brilliant Mind ".......Pure and Simple....

The one and only Ayn Rand.....

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I found this interesting....and explains somewhat why I choose to remain single !!!

New research indicates there's a biological reason why women talk so much more than men: 20,000 words a day spoken by the average woman, according to one study, versus about 7,000 words a day for the average man.Feb 22, 2013

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    this is a spinoff of the las vegas shooting thread, I think it deserves its own space for discussion..
    are women the same as men, as the MSM liberals want us to believe..

are women inferior to men? does anyone think that women can do everything a man can? should they?

is a man smarter? stronger, yes, but does that make him better?
    what role should a woman play in a marriage? bread winner? homemaker?

why are American young men(for the most part) becoming such wimps? is it hormones added to
    our food? or political teachings?

has the feminist movement caused many women to compete with men, in ways I feel they were not designed to do? has the movement damaged the way men view and interact with women in the workplace?

if I complement a woman on her hair, or clothes, is that sexist of me?

mods, could you move from this thread:

http://gulfcoastgunforum.com/showth...r-coming-20-dead-in-vegas&p=380444#post380444

posts #160/161/164/165/166/167/169/170/171/172

and let's continue the discussion...I like to hear the view point of a woman, very few here in this testerone filled forum.

let's keep it generally on topic, i will not appreciate any thread derailing on 180 degree subject matter changes...

I have not seen Belle post in a while, Ricochet will give us some female perspective..and input
    on a point of view from outside the US, as she was born in brazil and spent time in england
    before becoming a citizen here.

there may be more women on this forum than we think, but afraid to voice an opinion, let's hear them...

The older I get the more confused I get about this topic......I grew up in an era when Men were Men and Women were Women......And was taught to respect Women regardless of Race...Age etc. And I was Always to address them with " Yes Ma'am....No Ma'am ...Thank you Ma'am.... Please "....
    All the Women I knew were strong....hard working....and most often the voice of reason...They were our Mothers....Our Sisters......

A while back I told one of my Doctors at the VA Clinic that I had gotten so old that I could not even distinguish between the genders any longer !!! I have on several occasions at Walmart addressed an employee...whom I thought was a guy...with " Hey Buddy...can you help me " only to be told sternly that " I " am not a "Buddy" I'm a Woman !!! Well the Hob Nail boots....Flat top hair cut...and tattoos sorta threw me off !!! Sorry.....

If any of you folks figure this one out.....Please let me know.....

Last edited:

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I remember growing up in the 70's and 80's that I never had to look twice to know if I was looking at a man or a woman, I can't say that today and the man bun absolutely annoys me. That is the gayest hair do a man can have, same as a woman with a buzz cut IMO, I guess that makes me old school!

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I remember growing up in the 70's and 80's that I never had to look twice to know if I was looking at a man or a woman, I can't say that today and the man bun absolutely annoys me. That is the gayest hair do a man can have, same as a woman with a buzz cut IMO, I guess that makes me old school!

I have 2 PHD College Professors that live next door to me. He wears a " Man Bun "....the first time I saw it...I thought " What the #^%@ is that "......still don't get it ...She is more masculine than he is......Sorry.. I just don't understand.....I grew up in the 60's and 70's...so you can only imagine how confused I am !!!

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I was raised by Mom and Granny plus a sister who is 8 years older than me. While I was taught to be polite and respectful sometimes it is a challenge. At 60 I’ve been annoyed and confused trying to guess who or what I was looking at and talking to while trying to figure out do I say Ma’am or Sir. Now if I can’t tell from looking I try to ignore them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mark, I'm the same, if I can't tell I'll avoid them too. I'm probably not going to have much in common with them. I'm raising two boys, one is in college at Troy and the other is 9, I'm trying to raise them both to be real men but it's not easy with the influences around them. I remember when Anthony was about to graduate High School he jokingly said he was going to grow a man bun, I told him not in my house and if he did grow one I'd get him drunk and shave his head. He's still man bun free to this day, his younger brother is going to get the same warning if needed LOL! Fire alarm at work, gotta go outside and enjoy this great weather, BRB!

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I was a young man, you only had to worry about other guys trying to steal your girl. :fear:

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Pure and simple.

I have heard that Atlas Shrugged was the most read book behind the Bible. Don't know if that is true but there are more people out there who read Ayn Rand's philosophy. I have read much of her work and she is perhaps the greatest thinker that I have come across...note my avatar.

Objectivist philosophy is an interesting look at the world, and if you dare you can read Kant or Neitzsche for a look at our most common philosophy, altruism. Back to the original subject of the thread, men and women are different in many ways but the human brain in both sexes are the way they are for a reason.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have heard that Atlas Shrugged was the most read book behind the Bible. Don't know if that is true but there are more people out there who read Ayn Rand's philosophy. I have read much of her work and she is perhaps the greatest thinker that I have come across...note my avatar.

Objectivist philosophy is an interesting look at the world, and if you dare you can read Kant or Neitzsche for a look at our most common philosophy, altruism. Back to the original subject of the thread, men and women are different in many ways but the human brain in both sexes are the way they are for a reason.

My husband, being a scientist, informs me that there was a study that revealed the brains of female rats contained a complex protein that caused them to be more pre disposed to vocalization.

I can tell you from personal experience, being an avid sports woman that, when training with predominantly females, training is more like a social club - we talk a lot more than "do" a lot. When training with predominantly males ( or when we are paired with males ) the doing, or sporting part is more than the socialization part.

In other words; I get a better work out when training with men than with women.

The wiring is different. Also the presence of the hormone progesterone in the brain is quite different.

Everyone talks estrogen x testosterone.

But look up progesterone levels in males x progesterone levels in pregnancy ( women ).

Progesterone has also been used to cause male castration in repeated offending male pedophiles.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My thoughts on this interesting subject are forever molded by the following experience. At 20 years old in preparation for going to Iraq for Desert Storm, I was sent to Fort Dix, NJ for ground combat training with US Army Special Forces. (Those instructors were the best and still/always have my utmost respect.) One day during MOUT training your objective was to scale a rope up to a second story window while wearing full combat gear, spray the room with a 29 round magazine, enter through the window, drop down to the ground through a hole in the floor, and regroup outside on the opposite wall with your fire team. None of the three females in our class could accomplish the climb. After earnest but embarrassing attempts our instructor told them one at a time to "go around", meaning walk around the building to join the other fire team members who had accomplished the task. For the only time in my career I let loose on a noncommissioned officer senior to me. "GO AROUND!" I screamed, "WTF you mean GO AROUND?! You think the enemy is gonna say GO AROUND?!!" Immediately I was marched two buildings down out of sight and hearing of my class. After threatening me with immediate death (I will not lie I was scared sh**less), the instructor (Army SFC) put his face two inches from mine, looked me in my eyes and said very softly, "you do whatever you have to do to come home alive, you understand?" As his words sunk in he backed up, then shouted at me to get the f*** back in my class before he decided to bury me alive. To this day I firmly believe some jobs have standards which should not be lowered or compromised, ever.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    A man walking down the street trips over an old oil lamp. As he picks it up, a genie pops out and says, "I will grant you one wish."
    The man says, "I want to live in a mansion in Hawaii, but I'm afraid of boats and planes, so I want there to be a bridge from here to there."
    The genie sighs. "That's too much work. Sorry, can't make it happen."
    The man says, "Fine, then I want to understand women."
    The genie replies, "Would you like two lanes or four on that bridge?"

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    how many here think if they had not gotten married to their current wife/husband, they would be dead by now/?

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    how many here think if they had not gotten married to their current wife/husband, they would be dead by now/?

1693536108713.gif

Heck, she knows that if I outlive her and the dogs, the vehicles get sold/traded for something with armor and spikes out of MadMax, and I spend my remaining time on this rock “doing righteous things”.

McMillan

USMC
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    I haven’t read any of this thread except the OPs post. The only thing a real woman can’t do that a man can do is strength in physicality. Prove me wrong

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In general, yes, women as a whole are physically "weaker" than men. Yes, there are certainly women that can do things I can't.

In the end, IMO, it comes down to "mentality." We're wired differently.

Based on my expriences, men tend to be more stoic, direct, and go right after fixing the problem, now. At least that's how my pack functions.

Women are more emotional, want to explore all the options, talk it over, see what the Internet thinks, not hurt anyone's feelings. However, once the collective has decided, this is now a need, it has to happen now, cost and inconveniece are not factors. It has to be done now. Stop/drop everything. Take a day off work if you have to, quite your job, sell a car, get a loan...

Wait, didn't I say this needed to be done like 2-3 weeks ago, and that I could take a day off that actually synced with my work schedule? Work, job, ya know, that thing that pays for all these "emergency needs" And now we know why men die younger...

Latest posts

Top Bottom