• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I love the Para-Ordnance P12 I picked up at the gun show in Milton but it has failures to feed even with hardball. New magazine springs and downloading the magazines did not solve the issue. I noticed the recoil spring feels weak and is slightly losing it's shape. I ordered a spring from Wilson Combat which did not fit at all (not even close). I have ordered a few springs from Wolf to try. An email to customer support at Para USA has yielded zero response. I know several years ago the factory would upgrade the pistol to a full length dual spring system for around 100 bucks. Any thoughts are appreciated and I thank you for your time.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I think you're on the right road, heavier mag springs needed. And depending on how old it is and/or # of rounds fired, you might change the recoil spring as well.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Most feed and eject problems are indirectly caused by slide speed after ignition. Keep this in the back of your mind when working thru a problem such as yours.
    NOW . . . there are some things that will directly effect slide speed. 1. ammo used. 2. Recoil spring. 3. Mag feed lips. 4. Feed ramp. 5. Chamber condition 6. Slide to frame contact 6. Hammer spring 7. "Limp wristing"
    Of course the condition of the mag springs could slow down the positioning of the next round to be lifted into position fast enough for the slide face to pick it up. If the mags feed lips are not parallel or the undersides are too sharp this will slow down the fwd return of the slide also. I always polish the underside of the mag lips and the top fwd edge of all my mags . . . Pistol,rifle,metal,and plastic . . . ALL mags. --- SAWMAN

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Thank yall very much. I changed out the recoil spring, and changed out the mag springs with 10% upgrades, then polished the feed ramp. Will let you know how she shoots once I get chance to. Thank you SAWMAN, did not think of polishing the feed lips.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Finally got to shoot yesterday evening after feeding the chickens. 18.5 lbs. recoil spring worked like a charm, along with the new magazine springs. Thank you all.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Awesome man glad you got it running. Nothing more frustrating than an unreliable gun. Great job diagnosing and fixing it though. Sometimes something as simple and cheap as a spring can make all the difference. Congrats!

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Man I appreciate that! Yes it really was wearing me down, the heavy recoil spring didn't work, but the new reg weight spring and the new more powerful wolf mag springs (like Danoobie stated) did the trick. Forgot to mention I also download the mags with 11 rounds so with the 1 in the chamber she holds 12. Perhaps that is the way it is supposed to be though? I did notice the 12th round was a bitch to stuff in the mags. Here is a pic with the new Wilson Combat slide stop and Pearce finger groove grips image3.JPG

Attachments

• image3.JPG
      image3.JPG
      42.9 KB · Views: 251

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah makes sense sometimes the 12 means 11+1. I noticed that on a couple other pistols that had 19rd mags so should have been 19+1 for 20 but wouldn't run right until I was running 18+1.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    LOL good one John B. Sometime I will start a thread on my Glock experience...

Thanks Sancho Panza. I wanted to ask SAWMAN and you, does polish mean a cotton tip on the end of my dremel? That's what I did.

Top Bottom