• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To the NFL players

You graduated high school in 2011. Your teenage years were a struggle. You grew up on the wrong side of the tracks. Your mother was the leader of the family and worked tirelessly to keep a roof over your head and food on your plate. Academics were a struggle for you and your grades were mediocre at best. The only thing that made you stand out is you weighed 225 lbs and could run 40 yards in 4.2 seconds while carrying a football. Your best friend was just like you, except he didn’t play football. Instead of going to football practice after school, he went to work at McDonalds for minimum wage. You were recruited by all the big colleges and spent every weekend of your senior year making visits to universities where coaches and boosters tried to convince you their school was best. They laid out the red carpet for you. Your best friend worked double shifts at Mickey D’s. College was not an option for him. On the day you signed with Big State University, your best friend signed paperwork with his Army recruiter. You went to summer workouts. He went to basic training.

You spent the next four years living in the athletic dorm, eating at the training table. You spent your Saturdays on the football field, cheered on by adoring fans. Tutors attended to your every academic need. You attended class when you felt like it. Sure, you worked hard. You lifted weights, ran sprints, studied plays, and soon became one of the top football players in the country. Your best friend was assigned to the 101st Airborne Division. While you were in college, he deployed to Iraq once and Afghanistan twice. He became a Sergeant and led a squad of 19 year old soldiers who grew up just like he did. He shed his blood in Afghanistan and watched young American's give their lives, limbs, and innocence for the USA.

You went to the NFL combine and scored off the charts. You hired an agent and waited for draft day. You were drafted in the first round and your agent immediately went to work, ensuring that you received the most money possible. You signed for $16 million although you had never played a single down of professional football. Your best friend re-enlisted in the Army for four more years. As a combat tested sergeant, he will be paid $32,000 per year.

You will drive a Ferrari on the streets of South Beach. He will ride in the back of a Blackhawk helicopter with 10 other combat loaded soldiers. You will sleep at the Ritz. He will dig a hole in the ground and try to sleep. You will “make it rain” in the club. He will pray for rain as the temperature reaches 120 degrees.

On Sunday, you will run into a stadium as tens of thousands of fans cheer and yell your name. For your best friend, there is little difference between Sunday and any other day of the week. There are no adoring fans. There are only people trying to kill him and his soldiers. Every now and then, he and his soldiers leave the front lines and “go to the rear” to rest. He might be lucky enough to catch an NFL game on TV. When the National Anthem plays and you take a knee, he will jump to his feet and salute the television. While you protest the unfairness of life in the United States, he will give thanks to God that he has the honor of defending his great country.

To the players of the NFL: We are the people who buy your tickets, watch you on TV, and wear your jerseys. We anxiously wait for Sundays so we can cheer for you and marvel at your athleticism. Although we love to watch you play, we care little about your opinions until you offend us. You have the absolute right to express yourselves, but we have the absolute right to boycott you. We have tolerated your drug use and DUIs, your domestic violence, and your vulgar displays of wealth. We should be ashamed for putting our admiration of your physical skills before what is morally right. But now you have gone too far. You have insulted our flag, our country, our soldiers, our police officers, and our veterans. You are living the American dream, yet you disparage our great country. I am done with NFL football and encourage all like minded Americans to boycott the NFL as well.

--- SHARE, SHARE, SHARE ---

National boycott of the NFL for Sunday November 12th, Veterans Day Weekend. Boycott all football telecast, all fans, all ticket holders, stay away from attending any games, let them play to empty stadiums. Pass this post along to all your friends and family. Honor our military, some of whom come home with the American Flag draped over their coffin.

Please "share", "copy and paste".

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Been done with the NFL for years. Saw their true colors long ago, so I'm 100% on board. Nice story though.

Danoobie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They had their protest. They took a knee.

Now we'll have OUR protest. We'll CLOSE OUR WALLETS, and turn off the TV, on Sunday.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I dumped them last weekend. Won't watch another unless they issue a public apology.

RH

Apology would not be enough for me. They've got film\photo evidence of all the offenders, and the coaches and owners that allowed it. Fire all of 'em, ban 'em from ANY professional sport for life, and I might make time to consider an apology. Far as I'm concerned, they not only disrespected the flag but every one of those who were carried to final rest while draped with it. For me, that's family, friends, and brothers in arms. No words will wipe that from my mind, none.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apology would not be enough for me. They've got film\photo evidence of all the offenders, and the coaches and owners that allowed it. Fire all of 'em, ban 'em from ANY professional sport for life, and I might make time to consider an apology. Far as I'm concerned, they not only disrespected the flag but every one of those who were carried to final rest while draped with it. For me, that's family, friends, and brothers in arms. No words will wipe that from my mind, none.

that is the way I feel too...no grey/gray area here for me, they screwed the pooch the last time for me..

I don't boycott until things change, I am permanent on my decisions

.. no more target, no more action movies with gun hating liberals who make money from violent movies, and want to take our guns in real life...., no more music with big mouth libs like cher, no more talkshows with idiots like kimmel or fallon, etc..no ben and jerrys ice cream, no iphones,

I have to still buy some products from sources I don't like, but this world businesses are so intertwined with our lives, it is hard not to...

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    The last straw on the whole NFL topic to me was when the owners said the game is all about the players. Let them play for themselves if they cannot understand and show respect and appreciation for the country that gives them their chance at success...funded by those that served; especially those that paid the highest price for our freedom!

Mic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I was 5 years old I learned that my state was getting a football team. The year was 1966. I didn't even know where Miami was, but that was my team. And I have been a loyal fan since then. They were my only team. I didn't really have a baseball team, basketball didn't interest me. I was a Miami Dolphins fan. Through the great years, through the changing QBs, coaches and staffs. Even through the 1-15 season, still my team. Got all the gear too, jerseys, helmets, trading cards, shirts, hats, even the Dolphins License Plates on my car and truck.
    But NO MORE! I have stored away all my stuff (No, I am not going to burn it, most of it are gifts from people I love). I went and paid $136 to get new specialty tags for my vehicles. The have one a lot better. It says; IN GOD WE TRUST and it even has an American Flag at the bottom.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    The players union has supported Soro's supported liberal causes for years, the kneeling and disrespect shown to the USA has cause me to just stop watching the pros. Football is dying as the head injuries are being studied more the truth is coming out and the behavior of college and pro players has gotten worse(more criminals per capita), enjoy while you can.

I have much more free time this year and feel good about it

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    that is the way I feel too...no grey/gray area here for me, they screwed the pooch the last time for me..

I don't boycott until things change, I am permanent on my decisions

.. no more target, no more action movies with gun hating liberals who make money from violent movies, and want to take our guns in real life...., no more music with big mouth libs like cher, no more talkshows with idiots like kimmel or fallon, etc..no ben and jerrys ice cream, no iphones,

I have to still buy some products from sources I don't like, but this world businesses are so intertwined with our lives, it is hard not to...

I hear ya. My family has made a lot of changes in an effort to not put a dime in the hands of people/companies who do not share our beliefs/values. Some of it was easy to do, some not so much. But, in the end, we don't feel like we're missing out.

I remember how the whole area threw a fit about BP and the Deepwater Horizon (sp?) debacle. Yet, within days, they were right back at BP stations pumping BP profit into their tanks. I have not pumped one cent of BP gas since and will drive on fumes to buy from someone else, but that's just me; I'm stubborn that way.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I hear ya. My family has made a lot of changes in an effort to not put a dime in the hands of people/companies who do not share our beliefs/values. Some of it was easy to do, some not so much. But, in the end, we don't feel like we're missing out.

I remember how the whole area threw a fit about BP and the Deepwater Horizon (sp?) debacle. Yet, within days, they were right back at BP stations pumping BP profit into their tanks. I have not pumped one cent of BP gas since and will drive on fumes to buy from someone else, but that's just me; I'm stubborn that way.

BP gas is always the highest, shell too, I pump neither one

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Be sure to page all the way down.

9dc853f5df15e01928a4b54a67a421eb46c5c8676eb3130fc950a1cb6e0b49e5.jpg

a5ea7e6ab369e981fb95317461606768e685a1f470b38de081103daf4775748b.jpg

4e2ce77d114676b4a4ac4d740d01e01463d6e23482c54ae1dcc937a90f1c83f6.jpg

d2a4f7a50e5520891c14904ef565bff3d32fba44f01df815702a8a78568654f1.jpg

0556ccb7bc6a06f930264a1f89f27665d37230f544061e85eeeb08bdb9253412.jpg

NFL arrest record by team since 2000
    Team # of Arrests Since 2000
    Minnesota Vikings
    Cincinnati Bengals
    Denver Broncos
    Tennessee Titans
    Miami Dolphins
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Jacksonville Jaguars 27
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers 27
    Cleveland Browns
    San Diego Chargers
    Indianapolis Colts
    Chicago Bears
    Seattle Seahawks
    New Orleans Saints
    Washington Redskins 18
    Oakland Raiders
    Baltimore Ravens
    Carolina Panthers
    Green Bay Packers
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Atlanta Falcons
    San Francisco 49ers
    Detroit Lions
    New England Patriots
    Buffalo Bills
    Dallas Cowboys
    New York Giants
    Arizona Cardinals
    New York Jets
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Houston Texans
    St Louis Rams
    Total 656
    GOOD CITIZENS !

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I haven't watched the National Felons League since Rocky Bleier and Franco Harris retired.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I stopped watching #boycottNFL and its sponsors as much as possible. They have made this a race thing and anti America and Vets/LEO's and I personally am fed up with it. Nothing but a bunch of boys playing a game and making millions, absolutely nothing productive, pay our troops more!

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I didn't have to tune-out once the anthem kneeling started, I lost any interest in the NFL years ago when the rehearsed end-zone dancing and other "look at me" demonstrations became so prevalent among the players. No great loss, always been more of a college football fan anyway.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    On a related note, the kneeling has now spread to some college teams. Heard on the news this AM that some college cheerleaders did it. The administration told them to stop it. The cheerleaders said that they will kneel in the tunnel during the National Anthem.

I suggest putting the snowflake cheerleaders in the safe room at the college for the entire game!

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cunts will do anything that gets them noticed. Players and cheerleaders

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Saw this comment on an article. I hadn't thought about some of the previous "protests". I haven't verified the info but I thought this sums it up nicely.

Kaepernick question sets off Green Bay coach
    2863reactions

Alan Guinn: In 2012 the NFL had an issue with Tim Tebow kneeling for each game to pray. They also had an issue with Tebow wearing John 3:16 on his eye blackout tape to avoid glare and made him remove it. In 2013 the NFL fined Brandon Marshall for wearing green cleats to raise awareness for people with mental health disorders. In 2014 Robert Griffin III (RG3) entered a post-game press conference wearing a shirt with "Know Jesus, Know Peace" but was forced to turn it inside out by an NFL uniform inspector before speaking at the podium. In 2015 De Angelo Williams was fined for wearing "Find the Cure" eye black for breast cancer awareness. In 2015 William Gay was fined for wearing purple cleats to raise awareness for domestic violence. (not that the NFL has a domestic violence problem...) In 2016 the NFL prevented the Dallas Cowboys from wearing a decal on their helmet in honor of 5 Dallas Police officers killed in the line of duty. In 2016 the NFL threatened to fine players who wanted to wear cleats to commemorate the 15th anniversary of 9/11. The NFL suddenly supports free speech and expression ?

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    On a related note, the kneeling has now spread to some college teams. Heard on the news this AM that some college cheerleaders did it. The administration told them to stop it. The cheerleaders said that they will kneel in the tunnel during the National Anthem.

I suggest putting the snowflake cheerleaders in the safe room at the college for the entire game!

I think I will look for some hockey games....they all stand.

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Repost from another forum:

Dear NFL

Dear NFL Player:
    “You graduated high school in 2011. Your teenage years were a struggle. You grew up on the wrong side of the tracks. Your mother was the leader of the family and worked tirelessly to keep a roof over your head and food on your plate.

Academics were a struggle for you and your grades were mediocre at best. The only thing that made you stand out is you weighed 225 lbs and could run 40 yards in 4.2 seconds while carrying a football. Your best friend was just like you, except he didn’t play football. Instead of going to football practice after school, he went to work at McDonalds for minimum wage to help out his family.

You were recruited by all the big colleges and spent every weekend of your senior year making visits to universities where coaches and boosters tried to convince you their school was best. They laid out the red carpet for you. Your best friend worked double shifts at Mickey D’s. College was not an option for him. On the day you signed with Big State University, your best friend signed paperwork with his Army recruiter. You went to summer workouts. He went to basic training.

You spent the next four years living in the athletic dorm, eating at the training table. You spent your Saturdays on the football field, cheered on by adoring fans. Tutors attended to your every academic need. You attended class when you felt like it. Sure, you worked hard. You lifted weights, ran sprints, studied plays, and soon became one of the top football players in the country.

Your best friend was assigned to the 101st Airborne Division. While you were in college, he deployed to Iraq once and Afghanistan twice. He became a Sergeant and led a squad of 19 year old soldiers who grew up just like he did. He shed his blood in Afghanistan and watched young American men give their lives, limbs, and innocence for the USA.

You went to the NFL combine and scored off the charts. Your hired an agent and waited for draft day. You were drafted in the first round and your agent immediately went to work, ensuring that you received the most money possible. You signed for $16 million although you had never played a single down of professional football. Your best friend re-enlisted in the Army for four more years. As a combat tested sergeant, he will be paid $32,000 per year.

You will drive a Ferrari on the streets of South Beach. He will ride in the back of a Blackhawk helicopter with 10 other combat loaded soldiers. You will sleep at the Ritz. He will dig a hole in the ground and try to sleep. You will “make it rain” in the club. He will pray for rain as the temperature reaches 120 degrees.

On Sunday, you will run into a stadium as tens of thousands of fans cheer and yell your name. For your best friend, there is little difference between Sunday and any other day of the week. There are no adoring fans. There are only people trying to kill him and his soldiers. Every now and then, he and his soldiers leave the front lines and “go to the rear” to rest. He might be lucky enough to catch an NFL game on TV. When the National Anthem plays and you take a knee, he will jump to his feet and salute the television. While you protest the unfairness of life in the United States, he will give thanks to God that he has the honor of defending his great country.

To the players of the NFL: We are the people who buy your tickets, watch you on TV, and wear your jerseys. We anxiously wait for Sundays so we can cheer for you and marvel at your athleticism.

Although we love to watch you play, we care little about your opinions until you offend us. You have the absolute right to express yourselves, but we have the absolute right to boycott you. We have tolerated your drug use and DUIs, your domestic violence, and your vulgar displays of wealth. We should be ashamed for putting our admiration of your physical skills before what is morally right.

But now you have gone too far. You have insulted our flag, our country, our soldiers, our police officers, and our veterans. You are living the American dream, yet you disparage our great country. I am done with NFL football and encourage all like minded Americans to boycott the NFL .”

Author unknown but spot on.

Top Bottom