APOD Firearms

Value of ban era Bushmaster carbine upper?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have a ban era 16" Bushmaster upper with probably 1500 rounds through it. I bought the complete gun brand new in 1999. It is a heavy profile non-threaded barrel with 1-9 twist. Anyone know if this would bring much if I sold it to someone in a ban state? I have been wanting an M4 style upper with flash hider and bayo lug. The M4 won't do anything different than mine will so not in a rush or going to give it away. Just curious.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Wouldn't the serial numbered lower be the part with the most value? I had a Bushmaster like you are describing and wound up selling it here for an ordinary price. Getting it to someone in a ban state, not to mention the federal laws that would be broken in the process was just not worth the time or trouble that it would cause.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It doesn't hold any particular value above any other upper. People in ban states don't have a problem getting properly configured uppers; it's pre-ban lowers that they will pay a premium.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    wouldn't be a big deal to thread it and swap out the front sight/gas block while the barrel was off

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    wouldn't be a big deal to thread it and swap out the front sight/gas block while the barrel was off

If Santa does not bring me an M4 upper than I might look into that. I have always been skeptical of getting a new fsb to lock up tight when re installing. I have zero experience with removing and installing them though.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    If Santa does not bring me an M4 upper than I might look into that. I have always been skeptical of getting a new fsb to lock up tight when re installing. I have zero experience with removing and installing them though.
    I would usually agree with your skepticism, but as long as you re-install properly, it will be fine.
    Dimple the barrel (if not already dimpled) and rocksett the set screw, and you're good to go. I've got almost 2000 rounds fired since I swapped my gas block for an adjustable one.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

send it to Compass Lake Engineering...they will get it right... if you don't have someone closer... if you need help to get it right. They are great folks to deal with. They cut a Krieger blank for me on a modified SPR (Recon Profile) build and did a great job.

Top Bottom