• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cool , you will see more and more people changing sides . Its not about crime it's about protecting the ruling class.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A ban will do nothing - it is all for show. There are too many of these already in the marketplace. Only a door to door search and confiscation would be effective. We all know that would lead to a revolutionary war against the government.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We all know that would lead to a revolutionary war against the government.

Hahahahahaha, not a chance. It will just lead to petitions on change.org and a bunch of people thumping their chests about lines in the sand. They could come out with a total and complete gun ban tomorrow and it wouldn't lead to a revolutionary war.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Maybe not - but I'd be happy to give them every round of ammo I have....with me keeping the spent brass - before I will submit to confiscation of my firearms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You all know that the slide fire stocks MAKE A FIREARM FULL AUTO!!!! Ohhhh I mean that's what the news says so IT'S GOTTA BE TRUE!!! Make sure you buy em now, then they'll outlaw em and a few years down the road they'll be back!!!

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'd be happy if we gave them "bump stocks" for suppressors. That there is a fair trade.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd be happy if we gave them "bump stocks" for suppressors. That there is a fair trade.

The left's idea is compromise is that they get what they want and we are happy they didn't take more. And judging on previous experience the NRA agrees with them.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The left's idea is compromise is that they get what they want and we are happy they didn't take more. And judging on previous experience the NRA agrees with them.

^^^ This right here. donr101395, this is not directed at you, but your words inspire mine.

No compromises, no negotiating, no trade-offs, no more infringement. I personally couldn't care less about the fate of bump stocks, but I want no more infringements on the limited 2A rights I (WE) have left. Why, when the gun grabbers start threatening, do some immediately cave and start offering concessions? What happened to the victims truly sucks for them and their families, but none of us here had anything to do with that. If some here some feel guilty or responsible to the point they must "do something", sorry, just can't understand that.

Consider this. The bump stock is just another add-on device. No big deal, but the results it produces are "horrifying", "only for killing", "no one needs that." Ok, you get it?

So, now let's take the average .308, bolt-action, deer rifle with a 3-9x scope. That scope is just an attached device, too. It makes you capable of killing at much longer ranges than iron sights; no one needs that. You think no one noticed the scopes in the Vegas pics? See how this starts?

They'll ban scopes if you let them because they are just a device, not a firearm. In their minds, it's not an infringement on firearms because it's just a device. And, someone will come forth and offer to let them have the scopes as long as they can keep their rifle.

Now let's consider ammunition; not a firearm, either. So they'll start looking at high velocity ammunition capable of long range kills. First you'll get the increased tax on high-velocity rounds, then limitations on velocity, and then might as well just get rid of them, except for military and law enforcement. And, again, we'll offer to let them take the high-velocity ammunition as long as we can have some kind of ammunition, and keep our rifle. Oh, did I mention you will be a felon if you reload your own high-velocity, long range, killing rounds?

These infringements will not slow, or ever stop as long as compromises and concessions are offered up as an opening to any discussion. That is simply advertising your weakness, inviting your opponent to exploit it, and placing yourself on the defensive where you are back-pedaling searching frantically for a means to counter.

For those that get it, no explanation is required. For those that don't, none is possible.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom