• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    How is the thinking about two gun matches for all of October ?

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'm always in for some 2 gun

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

levi3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That sounds good. It will break up the routine and maybe attract some new shooters.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'd be in for the following Saturday if that's the plan

BIG B

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Never have shot in a IDPA match let alone 2 gun. But with that being said I have been looking into it more and would love to give it a try. Gonna follow this thread.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Never have shot in a IDPA match let alone 2 gun. But with that being said I have been looking into it more and would love to give it a try. Gonna follow this thread.
    Be careful, it's addicting

BIG B

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Be careful, it's addicting

I'm sure it is. I am not wanting to be competitive, well not at first haha. I just want to become better with my stuff. Really use it, not just stand in a stall and shoot at paper. Plus I would like to meet and make new friends with the same interests as me. Many of my friends care less about this type of activity.

Also what equipment is needed? I'm know a holster, is IWB okay? Mag pouches are needed also, how many? Do you need pouches for the rifle part? Is a sling needed for the rifle? I am very interested in trying this, just want to be prepared. I see there is a match this Sunday. Unfortunately I don't have mag pouches so I wouldn't be able to participate but can people come and spectate? Thanks.

Last edited:

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    big B read stickynote " Beginner's Guide to Shooting Sports" in general shooting sports. great info there. I have a complete extra rig. ( you supply ammo) . best to come and shoot. You will learn more than 6 months of "lurking" & "practicing". At the very least come shadow a squad. Learn the range officer commands, Safety, score targets, reset steel and check out the "gear". The only thing you have to loose is the fear of starting " we all had that" Come shoot

BIG B

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    big B read stickynote " Beginner's Guide to Shooting Sports" in general shooting sports. great info there. I have a complete extra rig. ( you supply ammo) . best to come and shoot. You will learn more than 6 months of "lurking" & "practicing". At the very least come shadow a squad. Learn the range officer commands, Safety, score targets, reset steel and check out the "gear". The only thing you have to loose is the fear of starting " we all had that" Come shoot

I read the sticky. Looked at the preregistration and wasn't sure what the division were. Said like NV SS etc etc. probably didn't get that right. I might take you up on the offer, very nice of you.
    Approx how many rounds are needed?

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I'm sure it is. I am not wanting to be competitive, well not at first haha. I just want to become better with my stuff. Really use it, not just stand in a stall and shoot at paper. Plus I would like to meet and make new friends with the same interests as me. Many of my friends care less about this type of activity.

Also what equipment is needed? I'm know a holster, is IWB okay? Mag pouches are needed also, how many? Do you need pouches for the rifle part? Is a sling needed for the rifle? I am very interested in trying this, just want to be prepared. I see there is a match this Sunday. Unfortunately I don't have mag pouches so I wouldn't be able to participate but can people come and spectate? Thanks.

If you tell us what you are shooting, I'm sure someone has some extra mag pouches, slings, etc. We can help you make it work.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I read the sticky. Looked at the preregistration and wasn't sure what the division were. Said like NV SS etc etc. probably didn't get that right. I might take you up on the offer, very nice of you.
    Approx how many rounds are needed?

The gear list will be a bit different for this match because it is two gun instead of a standard IDPA matach. Normally, you will need a strong side holster, worn just behind the hip. I recommend one that has a reinforced mouth or is kydex. You will be drawing from the holster and reholsterering and you don't want a holster that collapses on you and makes reholstering difficult. Typically you will need three total mags and either a double mage pouch or two singe mag pouches. The mag pouches are worn behind the weak side hip. I recommend bringing at least 100 rounds. Finally you should have a cover garment. Some times a jacket or sweater will do. I typically can conceal my rig with an untucked t-shirt. Ear and eye protection are required as well.

For this shoot, your rifle or carbine should have a sling as we typically do rifle to pistol transitions. A case for your rifle (soft or hard ) will allow you to safely transport your rifle to and from the firing line, so that is recommended. At least two magazines for your rifle, and mag holder would be a good idea. The match directed has indicated that we will need about 150 rounds for the match. We shoot steel targets at times so no armor piercing rounds please.

BIG B

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If you tell us what you are shooting, I'm sure someone has some extra mag pouches, slings, etc. We can help you make it work.

I would probably shoot my FNS 9 and my AR. AR has QD points. Been meaning to get a sling but have been putting it on the back burner.

Top Bottom