• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BIG B

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The gear list will be a bit different for this match because it is two gun instead of a standard IDPA matach. Normally, you will need a strong side holster, worn just behind the hip. I recommend one that has a reinforced mouth or is kydex. You will be drawing from the holster and reholsterering and you don't want a holster that collapses on you and makes reholstering difficult. Typically you will need three total mags and either a double mage pouch or two singe mag pouches. The mag pouches are worn behind the weak side hip. I recommend bringing at least 100 rounds. Finally you should have a cover garment. Some times a jacket or sweater will do. I typically can conceal my rig with an untucked t-shirt. Ear and eye protection are required as well.

For this shoot, your rifle or carbine should have a sling as we typically do rifle to pistol transitions. A case for your rifle (soft or hard ) will allow you to safely transport your rifle to and from the firing line, so that is recommended. At least two magazines for your rifle, and mag holder would be a good idea. The match directed has indicated that we will need about 150 rounds for the match. We shoot steel targets at times so no armor piercing rounds please.

I do have a kydex IWB holster, would this be good or does it need to be OWB? I don't carry appendix or small of back.

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    As long as it is long enough to cover your barrel should be fine. I shot a match with a 5” gun in a holster for 4.25 gun. When I reholstered after the first stage my leg did a temperature check on that extra .75 of barrel.

I can’t shoot tomorrow. I have some universal mag pouches and a sling if anyone is coming from Gulf Breeze or Pensacola that could bring them up I happy to loan them.

levi3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It was a great match, but a slow start due to the move to the new bays. Should go a lot faster next time. Thanks to those who helped and stayed late to clean up.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yes, 2 gun match this Sat. If you don't have a sling, don't worry about it. We will have a small table on which you can lay your rifle down after you finish that portion of the stage. Come and shoot your rifle even if you don't have a sling. It's just nice to have it when you need it.

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I'm excited about the two gun...I think I can miss twice as fast with two guns. About how many rounds for each?

BIG B

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Planning on being there this Saturday. Hopefully mag carriers make it in before then. Anyways looking forward to it.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'm planning on making this one as well. I'll toss an extra mag carrier in my bag, it's a double on that'll fit some double stacks(works on my M&P 9 mags).

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom