• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joebob2

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just picked up a new Savage B22 FV for my wife and took it out yesterday to try it out. When I got it, I lubed it up and ran a snake through the barrel a few times to clean out any crud left over from the factory. I also have a Savage Mk II BTV that I've been shooting lately and I've been using CCI SV in it with few issues. Well, for some reason, the B22 will not eject the CCI casings. I had to remove the mag and pry the case from the chamber after every round.

I had a few other brands and tried some of them, with better results. Aguilla SE std vel, Federal Gold Medal, and Wolf Match Extra all extracted with no issues at all. Went back to the CCI and after the first 2 or 3 rounds, they once again wouldn't eject. Is this a problem with the gun itself or something else? Like I mentioned, the CCI works much better in my Mk II. Not perfect, but only a couple FTEs every 50rds or so.

I did notice that except for the Aguila, the other brands had an oily residue on the rounds. Maybe that's why they extracted better? Just looking for ideas on what may be the cause.

Thanks,

Joe

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    IMHO, a bore snake is not the most efficient method to clean a chamber. Recommend you scrub chamber, bolt (extractor componets), then try again. If you have the same problems it may just be .22s ammo sensitively.

Joebob2

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I took the bolt apart and cleaned the ejectors and slots, put some oil on them and also took a bore brush to the chamber area. After that, I was able to cycle a whole mag of CCI without any of them sticking. I have a feeling it is the wax on the bullets that was causing it. Before I cleaned everything I tried cycling some though and each one got just a little harder to pry out. The first few I could easily get with my fingernail, but the last one I had to use my knife blade. I suspect the wax is building up in there and causing them to stick. The other ammo were more oily so it wasn't building up. Hope to try it out again Saturday.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sounds like you got it. Not sure how deep your stock of the CCIs are but I see a change in your future. A lot of people love CCI but I never liked them. Always got great results in function and accuracy with the plated Federal. The stuff I'm using is from stock I bought over 20 years ago, still shoots great.

Joebob2

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sounds like you got it. Not sure how deep your stock of the CCIs are but I see a change in your future. A lot of people love CCI but I never liked them. Always got great results in function and accuracy with the plated Federal. The stuff I'm using is from stock I bought over 20 years ago, still shoots great.
    Sure hope so. I don't have that much cci on the shelf, maybe 300rds. But it would be nice for both my guns to like the same ammo!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom