• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    YOUR THOUGHTS

NFL protesting the FLAG.

I don't think this could have been said any better and it definitely is about time someone said it. Hopefully, this will go out over EVERY computer in the U.S. and maybe, just maybe, these sports people will get the message of just how ridiculous they are to disrespect our flag, and how little what they do in sports compare to what our great military has done for this country..

Ret. Marine Col. Jeffery Powers wrote to the NFL commissioners the following:

Commissioners:

I've been a season pass holder at Yankee Stadium, Yale Bowl and the Giants Stadium.

I missed the '90-'91 season because I was with a battalion of Marines in Desert Storm. 14 of my wonderful Marines returned home with the American Flag draped across their lifeless bodies. My last conversation with one of them, Sgt. Garrett Mongrella, was about how our Giants were going to the Super Bowl. He never got to see it.

Many friends, Marines, and Special Forces Soldiers who worked with or for me through the years returned home with the American Flag draped over their coffins.

Now I watch multi-millionaire athletes who never did anything in their lives but play a game, disrespect what brave Americans fought and died for. They are essentially spitting in the faces and on the graves of real men, men who have actually done something for this country beside playing with a ball and believing they're something special! They're not! My Marines and Soldiers were!

You are complicit in this! You'll fine players for large and small infractions but you lack the moral courage and respect for our nation and the fallen to put an immediate stop to this. Yes, I know, it's their 1st Amendment right to behave in such a despicable manner.

What would happen if they came out and disrespected you or the refs publicly?

I observed a player getting a personal foul for twerking in the end zone after scoring. I guess that's much worse than disrespecting the flag and our National Anthem. Hmmmmm, isn't it his 1st Amendment right to express himself like an idiot in the end zone?

Why is taunting not allowed yet taunting America is OK? You fine players for wearing 9-11 commemorative shoes yet you allow dirt on the sidelines to sit, kneel or pump their pathetic fist in the air. They are so deprived with their multi-million dollar contracts for playing a freaking game!

You condone it all by your refusal to act. You're just as bad and disgusting as they are. I hope Americans boycott any sponsor who supports that rabble you call the NFL. I hope they turn off the TV when any team that allowed this disrespect to occur, without consequence, on the sidelines. I applaud those who have not.

Legends and heroes do NOT wear shoulder pads. They wear body armor and carry rifles.

They make minimum wage and spend months and years away from their families. They don't do it for an hour on Sunday. They do it 24/7 often with lead, not footballs, coming in their direction. They watch their brothers carted off in pieces not on a gurney to get their knee iced They don't even have ice! Many don't have legs or arms.

Some wear blue and risk their lives daily on the streets of America. They wear fire helmets and go upstairs into the fire rather than down to safety. On 9-11, hundreds vanished. They are the heroes.

I hope that your high paid protesting pretty boys and you look in that mirror when you shave tomorrow and see what you really are, legends in your own minds. You need to hit the road and take those worms with you!

Time to change the channel.

Powers originally sent his letter to former Florida congressman Allen West. West then posted the letter to his news website.

As of last week, at least 18 NFL player had protested the anthem by either kneeling during the anthem or raising their fists, according to USA Today Sports.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Great letter and West is a great man.
    I do not watch any sports. I even refuse to watch NASCAR anymore. They are a bunch of highly overpaid whiners.
    Remind me one day to tell ya'll why I have so much respect for our flag. --- SAWMAN

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Honestly, who cares. Half these morons are too dumb to even know what they are protesting and just doing it for the attention. Stop giving them the attention and the luster will fade away. Just like 2 year olds

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Football players are mostly hood rats that won the genetic lottery. If their coach , school administers and team owners didn't pull strings to get them off for the crimes they brazenly commit most would be in prison.

Whisky

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feral thugs...
    Keep that crap up, and they will end up sweeping floors at Walmart. They never learn from others mistakes

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    On the field, they are on Company Time. Like any job, when you exercise your 1A Rights on the job you are risking administrative or punitive action if the Boss disapproves. If one type/issue protest is allowed: all protest must be allowed per the established standard. It is a slippery slope. If film crews/producers would quit filming/broadcasting it, it would fade away.

Keep Teams off the field until after the National Anthem played. I've said this before. Today the Pitt Steelers said they would keep the Team off the fieil until after the Anthem.

latch

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Look at this way.
    Suppose we're at an MLK Day celebration and the speaker asks everyone for a moment of silence in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King. That's when I decide to sit down or kneel or play my Metallica music or pull my pants down and take a dump.
    Do I have the right to do all those things? Uh huh. Is it disrespectful? Absolutely.
    The problem is not what the players or the owners or Donald Trump decide to do during the national anthem. I was a Marine for 20 years and I fought for your rights to do whatever you want. You can stand, sit, kneel, do snow angels for all I care.
    However, I also fought for my own right to speak out, use my freedom of speech and tell everyone else that those actions are disrespectful to my flag and my country.
    You don't like the president? That's fine it's not the Donald Trump Anthem. It's the national anthem. I stood and put my hand on my heart or stood at POA for 8 years during a time when if the president was on fire, I wouldn't have crossed the street to piss on him. The flag is a symbol of the nation and the anthem honors our country. Not any one particular person or political party. If Kapernick or Malcolm Jenkins or Michael Bennett don't want to be an American, stop being dramatic. Just move to another country. The fact of the matter is none of them will because all of them know that this is the best country in the world. They wouldn't find these freedoms anywhere else on the globe. The issue is not freedom of speech. The issue is the ridiculous hypocrisy. Donald Trump gets elected and everybody starts being hateful and protesting. Donald Trump decides to say something about it, and now he's the one being divisive. Really? #hypocrites

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

when you stand, you honor men like these, and those who died in some godforsaken shithole far from home....

there is no excuse, I have seen double amputees stand

Last edited:

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    MILITARY APPRECIATION DAY,

County 10
    Pokes Win Conference Opener in OT against Hawai’i before 17,796 on Military Appreciation Day

Laramie, Wyo. (Sept. 23, 2017) – It was a key conference opener for both the Wyoming Cowboys and Hawai’i Rainbow Warriors and both teams gave gutsy performances before the Cowboys prevailed in the first overtime to capture a 28-21 home win. Wyoming improved to 2-2 overall and 1-0 in the Mountain West Conference. Hawai’i is now 2-2, 0-1 in the MW. The late night game drew a crowd of 17,796 fans on Military Appreciation Day.

The day’s activities included the rededication of the War Memorial Plaza which was moved to make way for the new High Altitude Training Center in the north endzone. The new plaza is located between the Indoor Practice Facility and the NE entrance at Gate 6. The stadium was first dedicated to honor Veterans as a war memorial in 1950.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Of the wide variety of protests held by NFL teams and individual players throughout the league on Sunday, perhaps the most striking came from the Pittsburgh Steelers.
    While the rest of the Steelers sat in the locker room or waited inside the tunnel until the anthem ended, one player stood on the edge of the field with his hand on his heart while the anthem played.
    Offensive tackle Alejandro Villanueva stood alone, surrounded by cameras, while the anthem played.

The former Army Ranger was the only Steelers player who left the locker room for the anthem on Sunday.

Last edited:

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Let's just wait and see if he is going to be penalized for exercising his first ammendment rights in an opposing direction of the "NFL unity".

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Villanueva is also a major in the United States Army, in which he served as an Army Ranger and was decorated with a Bronze Star for valor.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would also suggest anyone taking the easy and offensive way out of kneeling before a symbol of hard fought freedom to spend a year living as an average citizen in:

1. Brazil
    2. Venezuela
    3. Cuba
    4. North Korea
    5. India ( Where you are actually born into a cast system where you cannot escape slavery )

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Villanueva is also a major in the United States Army, in which he served as an Army Ranger and was decorated with a Bronze Star for valor.

In other words he had the real man training instead of talking about love ala Barbara Streisand like Brady did.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Judge Jeannine makes some great points here:

"The fallout was swift and certain. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell called the president's comments “divisive” saying that they demonstrate an “unfortunate lack of respect for the NFL, our great game and all of our players.” He went on to say that the president exhibits “a failure to understand the overwhelming force for good our clubs and players represent in our communities.”

Roger, "force for good"? Are you sure you want to get into this fight?

Roger, if my memory serves me correctly your stance on some of the NFL players and the women they batter is somewhat problematic. Think Ray Rice… and Josh Brown.

And a neuropathologist examining the brains of 111 NFL players found 110 to have CTE aka “chronic traumatic encephalopathy” the degenerative disease linked to repeated blows to the head.

Instead of mouthing off about how you are a force for good, Roger, maybe you ought to get ready to reveal damaging information when the lawsuits start. Think Aaron Hernandez.

According to USA Today NFL player arrests are not only disproportionate to the general population, but the violence associated with these arrests is shocking. And I'm not even talking about the homicides.

And Commissioner, instead of taking sides against the national anthem, maybe you ought to think about your stock holders, your investors.

Even though the stock market, thanks to President Trump is at an all-time high, there is one area that is suffering greatly. Companies that broadcast, yes, the NFL games.

They are all down. Do you think that just maybe there is a correlation between the NFL broadcasting stock slump, the NFL TV ratings fall off, as the protests by these Bozos rises? Attendance is down at NFL games. Sunday night football viewership is down at least 7 percent.

I’m sure you know that, as ESPN has become more political, it has had to lay off employees because of its ratings.

NFL Players Association Executive Director DeMaurice Smith says no one should have to choose a job that forces them to surrender their rights. He says they have “thoughtful discussions in our locker rooms and board rooms.”

Hey, Maurice, the only people who choose a job that forces them to surrender their rights are cops -- the ones who die protecting people they don't even know.

The same liberals who want to protect the constitutional right of people like Colin Kaepernick to symbolically reject America by taking a knee were the ones quick to criticize Tim Tebow for bending a knee to pray and thank God on the field.

And just on Saturday night the Golden State Warriors are refusing to go to the White House -- placing blame on the president saying, he has made it clear we are not invited.

That's nonsense… the president disinvited Stephen Curry, not the team.

Here’s my take: People watch sports to get away from day-to-day stresses, work, illness, financial worries, we don't need to be reminded of political divisions.

All of a sudden football players are lovers of the Constitution and the First Amendment -- you're full of crap. And that includes Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy who called the president a word that I can't say... You want to kneel, sit, or raise your fist during the national anthem, you ought to go kneel in front of a guy who has lost his limbs fighting for you so that you can call the president that!

And don't give me this crap that you guys want to support reform and stand up against social injustice.

You tell me the last time you sat on a jury.

You tell me the last time you joined a school board or fought for laws that help the people you supposedly want to help.

When was the last time you voted? Wrote a letter to your legislator or congressional representative?

You want to convince America that this is about social justice and the Constitution then maybe you ought to get off your ass and do something positive for the country that has allowed you to make a fortune.

America has been incredibly good to you. From the time you displayed talent in sports as a youth America allowed you to shine and become financially prosperous.

There are so many of you who make tens of millions of dollars why don't you get together and take care of the social injustice instead of disrespecting our country?

The country that has turned you into heroes while you train 8-year-olds who don't know any better to take a knee against America… because they're taking their lead from all of you when they don't know any better.

Shame on you.

Shame on all of you.

And shame on you, too, Roger Goodell for not showing you love this country as much as the president does -- when you had the chance."

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017...-commissioner-roger-goodell-shame-on-all.html

Members online

Top Bottom