• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Took the words right out of my mouth But before you fly away. Explain to me again why it is ok that 25% of the blacks killed in this country by police were unarmed.

I imagine reports of the "official" tally, (percentage of unarmed people killed by police), is a lower figure than when the individuals were shot.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Interesting to see the air force bashing. So I am clear, we on this forum support all of our troops, except for those who serve in the Air Force.

It is similar to the other sentiments I have seen here. We love America and all of those Americans who look like us.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What does that have to do with anything?

You are right.
    I never thought of it that way before:

There is no personal responsability, the government must adopt and help all my pet causes and everybody in my community must pay for it to support the causes that make me feel good BUT I must not get personally involved with helping the needy.
    And black people are just a color, they have no behaviour or attitudes or ways of engaging with the police and their enviroment that causes certain outcomes.

I am out of this lunatic disscusion.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here is something that I have noticed and been wondering if anyone else has.
    How many white family's do you see with black children ?? NOW . . . how many black family's do you see with white children ??.
    Wondering why that is. --- SAWMAN

Two reasons, first there is a cultural bias against blacks adopting whites. Did you know that they had to pass a law in 1994 to make biracial adoptions legal? Second, there are few healthy white babies in the adoption program. A large percentage of the white babies who are given up for adoption are privately placed for adoption.

Here is a good article about a black couple with two of their own children who adopted a troubled 3 year old white girl.

http://www.newsweek.com/what-adopting-white-girl-taught-one-black-family-77335

I know you may not have the time to read the entire article so here are some points :

"Decades after the racial integration of offices, buses and water fountains, persistent double standards mean that African-American parents are still largely viewed with unease as caretakers of any children other than their own—or those they are paid to look after. As Yale historian Matthew Frye Jacobson has asked: "Why is it that in the United States, a white woman can have black children but a black woman cannot have white children?"

"Riding's challenge hints at a persistent social problem. "No country in the world has made more progress toward combating overt racism than [the United States]," says David Schneider, a Rice University psychologist and the author of "The Psychology of Stereotyping." "But the most popular stereotype of black people is still that they're violent. And for a lot of people, not even racist people, the sight of a white child with a black parent just sets off alarm signals."

"Part of the reason for the adoptive imbalance comes down to numbers, and the fact that people tend to want children of their own race. African-Americans represent almost one third of the 510,000 children in foster care, so black parents have a relatively high chance of ending up with a same-race child. (Not so for would-be adoptive white parents who prefer the rarest thing of all in the foster-care system: a healthy white baby.) But the dearth of black families with nonblack children also has painful historical roots. Economic hardship and centuries of poisonous belief in the so-called civilizing effects of white culture upon other races have familiarized Americans with the concept of white stewardship of other ethnicities, rather than the reverse."

There are a lot of good articles about this issue if you care to research the issue.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You are right.
    I never thought of it that way before:

There is no personal responsability, the government must adopt and help all my pet causes and everybody in my community must pay for it to support the causes that make me feel good BUT I must not get personally involved with helping the needy.
    And black people are just a color, they have no behaviour or attitudes or ways of engaging with the police and their enviroment that causes certain outcomes.

I am out of this lunatic disscusion.

Not asking the government to help out any pet causes just suggesting that it should remember one of the founding principles of our nation

" We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness."

All men would include men of all races and ethnicity. The right of Life Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness should logically include not shooting a man because he has a different skin color or worships in a different manner.

I still don't see what adoption has anything to do with this topic.

latch

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Took the words right out of my mouth But before you fly away. Explain to me again why it is ok that 25% of the blacks killed in this country by police were unarmed.

Truthfully, I doubt I can explain much of anything to certain readers of this thread. I don’t believe they want to listen or consider a point of view other than their own. But since you asked, let’s see if I can.
    Now, here a few things bear saying:
    1. Unarmed doesn’t mean cooperative, respectful, docile, non-hostile or even not dangerous.
    2. I (and I am pretty sure no one in this particular discussion or any other discussion) never said shooting unarmed suspects was “ok”. I am fairly certain that every shooting armed or unarmed gets examined thoroughly to see if it was justified or not
    I’m no statistician, and I’m certainly no fanboy of federal statistics. But I heard once and I was able to confirm that the black population of the United States comprises about 13.3% of the total population. https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/PST045216
    But by the FBI statistics that you linked to,
    https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2015/crime-in-the-u.s.-2015/tables/table-43
    blacks are arrested at twice the proportion of the population. Then again if you take out the crimes that most police officers don’t respond to in the act or immediately thereafter (I’m thinking here about rape, motor vehicle theft, vandalism) as well as crimes that most people would consider nonviolent (fraud, forgery, embezzlement) then the proportion of criminals arrested being black is closer to 1 in 3 or even one in 2. Trying to be even clearer and more specific for you, let’s just look at three categories that a policeman might respond to-robbery, aggravated assault, and curfew or loitering violations. In these three cases the proportion of total arrests to blacks arrested is greater than 1 in 3. Couple this number with the percentage of blacks arrested for murder (over 50%) weapons charges (40%) violent crime (36%)-if you bring in the arrests of blacks under 18 the percentages are even higher---murder (60%) weapons charges (40%) violent crime (51%)
    So here you are- a police officer. Maybe you’re even a black police officer. And of course we have all heard the cliché that when you go to work, you don’t know if you are coming home that night. I have never been one, but I can imagine it feels less like a cliché to you. And when go to Walmart or the Applebee’s, you encounter blacks at a certain rate, but when you go to work responding to crimes it seems like you encounter them at a higher rate and those that you do run into seem to be more violent or potentially violent (especially young black men). So, maybe your biases take over (if you say you don’t have them, you’re lying) and maybe your pre-judgements kick in (notice I didn’t say prejudices). Maybe a sense of self-preservation takes the forefront of your mind. Maybe you just want to make sure you go home each night. Maybe you just take each call as it comes and the race of the arrested person doesn’t matter. I’ve never been in their shoes, so I wouldn’t claim to be able to speak for them. Just trying to offer a rational answer to your question.
    Or then again maybe there is this conspiratorial, x-filesesque, the-night-that-the-light- went-out-in-Georgia, kind of concerted effort by the law enforcement community to shoot as many blacks as possible. Sounds rational.

latch

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Interesting to see the air force bashing. So I am clear, we on this forum support all of our troops, except for those who serve in the Air Force.

It is similar to the other sentiments I have seen here. We love America and all of those Americans who look like us.

Maybe biases come into play again here. Or maybe not. In my case, I don’t think that everyone in the air force is a douchebag. It’s just that all the douchebags I’ve met lately are in the air force.
    AxnfcWUCAAEwAmE.jpg

Attachments

• AxnfcWUCAAEwAmE.jpg
      AxnfcWUCAAEwAmE.jpg
      35.5 KB · Views: 132

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

now we are oppressing air force vets? where did that come from?

11.gif

Garym

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    FACT: Despite making up just 13% of the population, blacks commit around half of homicides in the United States. DOJ statistics show that between 1980 and 2008, blacks committed 52% of homicides, compared to 45% of homicides committed by whites.
    But aren’t all these statistics undermined by the fact that black people are unfairly targeted and framed for crimes by police officers in the first place?
    Don’t higher arrest and conviction rates of blacks merely prove that police are racist? This argument is debunked by looking at the proportion of offenders identified – not by police – but by victims – as black. The National Crime Victimization Survey shows that the number of blacks arrested generally correlates with the number of offenders identified as black by victims.
    Studies suggest that the reasons behind blacks being more likely to commit violent crimes are the dual issues of poverty (which exacerbates family breakdown) and a sub-culture amongst the black community that is tolerant of and glamorizes crime and violence. In the aftermath of the Ferguson and Baltimore riots, we saw the white metropolitan liberal media further legitimize this violence by openly justifying and even endorsing violent unrest that targeted mainly black-owned businesses.
    And by failing to make these facts part of the conversation, black political leaders, protest organizers, and the white liberal media is complicit in perpetuating the chain reaction of violence that makes more police brutality against black people an inevitable outcome.

latch

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    jttots_official-1507489419995.jpg
    guess that police brutality crap aint as big a deal as paying bills.
    welcome to adulting you spoiled entitled brat

Attachments

• jttots_official-1507489419995.jpg
      jttots_official-1507489419995.jpg
      46 KB · Views: 231

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    just on the news, he denied saying that....milking that 15 minutes of fame as long as he can...

latch

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is the speech we wish our president could give.

This is true leadership, and true patriotism.

Saw this today and I laughed so hard I think a little pee came out!!
    Just had to circle back around to one of my most-favorite-est threads since Freddie Gray killed himself! LOL.

thenovicejournalist-1510204674007.jpg

Attachments

• thenovicejournalist-1510204674007.jpg
      thenovicejournalist-1510204674007.jpg
      102.8 KB · Views: 137

Members online

Top Bottom