• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I've said the whole time I can't vote for Luther Strange, the way he got nominated for not investigating Bentley just stinks.
    It was easy for me though as I like Roy Moore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I've said the whole time I can't vote for Luther Strange, the way he got nominated for not investigating Bentley just stinks.
    It was easy for me though as I like Roy Moore

roy moore has spine...strange is establishment material...

moore 10 times before strange once

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Neither. I was born and raised in amabalA and either of these two is just more of the same ol' stinkin' politics. One is a crook that turned his head and coughed for a Senate appointment and the other has been removed from his state office TWICE for the same thing. I would love to see the state suck it up and do something right for a change, but it won't happen. I feel sorry for my family and others that still live there.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Neither. I was born and raised in amabalA and either of these two is just more of the same ol' stinkin' politics. One is a crook that turned his head and coughed for a Senate appointment and the other has been removed from his state office TWICE for the same thing. I would love to see the state suck it up and do something right for a change, but it won't happen. I feel sorry for my family and others that still live there.

Moore was removed for standing up for his values and beliefs, I don't see that as a negative in a person seeking political office. I actually respect someone that stands firm for what he feels is right, even risking his job and career in doing so.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Moore was removed for standing up for his values and beliefs, I don't see that as a negative in a person seeking political office. I actually respect someone that stands firm for what he feels is right, even risking his job and career in doing so.

I like people who stand up for what is right also. He didn't. He stood up for breaking the law and continues to do so on many levels, mostly to do with his "charity". It's fine and admirable to stand up for what is right in your own life, quite another to try to make people subject to your will over the rule of law.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Strange=yes Mitch, whatever you want Mitch.
    Moore will at least rock the boat.

FWIW, I don't like either one but at this point there are only two choices.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    missed something somewhere...

uh, exactly what laws did he break?
    He was removed from the Alabama Supreme Court twice. You think that happened because he did everything right? Do a little research, neither Moore nor Strange is fit to hold any office anywhere.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

His "standing up for his values" violated constitutioal law. Twice. That's why he was removed from office. Twice.

Personal values are great. Everyone should have them. But when they are in direct conflict with the constitution of the United States of America, then one is unfit for for office.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    if you are talking about this;

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (BP)--A judicial court removed Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore from office Nov. 13, saying he violated the state's code of judicial ethics by not following a federal court order to remove a Ten Commandments monument

or this;

the court said the evidence was "clear and convincing" that Moore showed disregard for federal law with his administrative order issued on Jan. 6, 2016 to probate judges to not issue same-sex marriage licenses.
    "It is the unanimous judgement of this Court that Chief Justice Moore should be suspend from office without pay for the remainder of his term," the judgement said.

then I don't consider either one of them grounds for removal....the last case, he was following Alabama law imo..
    and God's law....

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    His "standing up for his values" violated constitutioal law. Twice. That's why he was removed from office. Twice.

Personal values are great. Everyone should have them. But when they are in direct conflict with the constitution of the United States of America, then one is unfit for for office.

I think both times the fed/courts were overstepping its authority and basically trampling States Rights. Therefore him standing up is something to be admired and not admonished.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    he was following.... God's law....

So the Christian equivalent of Sharia law? It trumps the Constitution? Tell us more how this works please?

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think both times the fed/courts were overstepping its authority and basically trampling States Rights. Therefore him standing up is something to be admired and not admonished.

On August 22, 2003, two days after the deadline for the Ten Commandments monument's removal had passed, the Alabama Judicial Inquiry Commission (JIC) filed a complaint with the Alabama Court of the Judiciary (COJ), a panel of judges, lawyers and others appointed variously by judges, legal leaders, the governor and the lieutenant governor. The complaint effectively suspended Moore from the Chief Justice position pending a hearing by the COJ.[17]

The COJ ethics hearing was held on November 12, 2003. Moore repeated his earlier sentiment that "to acknowledge God cannot be a violation of the Canons of Ethics. Without God there can be no ethics." He also acknowledged that he would repeat his defiance of the court order if given another opportunity to do so, and that if he returned to office, "I certainly wouldn't leave [the monument] in a closet, shrouded from the public." In closing arguments, the Assistant Attorney General said Moore's defiance, left unchecked, "undercuts the entire workings of the judicial system.... What message does that send to the public, to other litigants? The message it sends is: If you don't like a court order, you don't have to follow it."[18] Moore had previously stated his belief that the order was unlawful, and that compliance with such an order was not an enforceable mandate.

The next day, the COJ issued a unanimous opinion ruling that "Chief Justice Moore has violated the Alabama Canons of Judicial Ethics as alleged by the JIC in its complaint." The COJ had several disciplinary options, including censure or suspension without pay, but because Moore's responses had indicated he would defy any similar court orders in the future, the COJ concluded that "under these circumstances, there is no penalty short of removal from office that would resolve this issue."[19] Moore was immediately removed from his post.

How did this involve the federal government? This looks like Alabama Judicial Inquiry Commission (JIC) to me. Am I reading it wrong?

Last edited:

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

2016 charges in Alabama Court of the Judiciary

On May 6, 2016, the Alabama Judicial Inquiry Commission forwarded a list of six charges of ethical violations by Moore to the Alabama Court of the Judiciary.[29] Moore was suspended from the Alabama Supreme Court pending trial and ruling. Moore faced removal from office over the charges, which were more serious than those which removed him from office in 2003.[30][31]

The list of charges included:[32]

Violation of the Alabama Canon of Judicial Ethics, for disregarding a federal injunction.
    Violation of the Alabama Canon of Judicial Ethics, for demonstrated unwillingness to follow clear law.
    Violation of the Alabama Canon of Judicial Ethics, for abuse of administrative authority.
    Violation of the Alabama Canon of Judicial Ethics, for substituting his judgement for the judgement of the entire Alabama Supreme Court, including failure to abstain from public comment about a pending proceeding in his own court.
    Violation of the Alabama Canon of Judicial Ethics, for interference with legal process and remedies in the United States District Court and/or Alabama Supreme Court related to proceedings in which Alabama probate judges were involved.
    Violation of the Alabama Canon of Judicial Ethics, for failure to recuse himself from pending proceedings in the Alabama Supreme Court after making public comment and placing his impartiality into question.

Last edited:

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Violation of the Alabama Canon of Judicial Ethics, for substituting his judgement for the judgement of the entire Alabama Supreme Court, including failure to abstain from public comment about a pending proceeding in his own court.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (BP)--A judicial court removed Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore from office Nov. 13, saying he violated the state's code of judicial ethics by not following a federal court order to remove a Ten Commandments monument

or this;

the court said the evidence was "clear and convincing" that Moore showed disregard for federal law with his administrative order issued on Jan. 6, 2016 to probate judges to not issue same-sex marriage licenses.
    "It is the unanimous judgement of this Court that Chief Justice Moore should be suspend from office without pay for the remainder of his term," the judgement said.

then I don't consider either one of them grounds for removal....the last case, he was following Alabama law imo..
    and God's law....

The problem is that each time he was acting as an agent of the state, that is too say a representative of the government(in their employment). And each time he was in effect projecting his religious beliefs onto the citizens and residents of his state. Now, for those that are Christian(of whichever denomination) maybe that's cool. But for the atheist, agnostic, Buddhist, Muslim, scientologist or satanic cultist it's forcing a religion onto them.
    It's the reason the founding fathers inplemented the idea of seperation of church and state. They can't tell a citizen they can't be morman, but on the flip side they can't tell us we have to follow Catholic doctorine.

Now if you think he was following state law by barring gay marriage, or that the Feds were overstepping their bounds, then cool: vote for him. If you think he was following his religious code and trying to force those values on the people who came before him: yeah I guess you can vote for him, but keep in mind thats what drove the pilgrims across the Atlantic. It's no different than a Muslim teacher forcing the class to kneel and face Mecca during prayer time.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    missed something somewhere...

uh, exactly what laws did he break?

2016 charges in Alabama Court of the Judiciary

On May 6, 2016, the Alabama Judicial Inquiry Commission forwarded a list of six charges of ethical violations by Moore to the Alabama Court of the Judiciary.[29] Moore was suspended from the Alabama Supreme Court pending trial and ruling. Moore faced removal from office over the charges, which were more serious than those which removed him from office in 2003.[30][31]

The list of charges included:[32]

Violation of the Alabama Canon of Judicial Ethics,
    for disregarding a federal injunction.
    Violation of the Alabama Canon of Judicial Ethics, for demonstrated unwillingness to follow clear law.
    Violation of the Alabama Canon of Judicial Ethics, for abuse of administrative authority.
    Violation of the Alabama Canon of Judicial Ethics, for interference with legal process and remedies in the United States District Court and/or Alabama Supreme Court related to proceedings in which Alabama probate judges were involved.
    Violation of the Alabama Canon of Judicial Ethics, for failure to recuse himself from pending proceedings in the Alabama Supreme Court after making public comment and placing his impartiality into question.

Top Bottom