• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Like pretty much every election, I now just wish it would be over so everyone on TV would STFU about it. Can't watch the news or pretty much any live TV without seeing some shit about it. Thank God for DVR and the fast forward button.

Rant over.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    it won't quit...the dems have figured out if they accuse enough, and heavy enough, they think they can force trump to resign...over the accusations by women over the yrs...

and the sacrificial lamb, the moron from mn, frankenlib, paved the precedent way...

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No such thing as "forcing" a resignation imo. There is a concept that I was introduced to many years ago; a product of objectivist philosophy called "sanction of the victim". A nasty human behavior is to ask a person for their sanction (permission) before they are victimized....Once I became aware of it, I started noticing it all around me. Some of my larger professional errors revolved around this concept where I gave my permission for another person to act with me holding the accountability...learned my lesson!

Anyways, Trump does not strike me as the type to just "resign" from pressure. You can bet the other clowns were offered a deal too. If Trump is on righteous ground, he should stand firm...and I think while he may have some flaws, there is just not anything of substance to make him cave. It is my opinion that he is on a truly noble crusade of sorts...he calls it "draining the swamp" and it is that, but it is really breaking up the corruption in DC that has been growing for decades; as kind of malignancy that needs some Chemo from time to time.

Like him or not, he is a political outsider and self-funded. The establishment on both sides fear him and there is a non-violent coup attempt going on right now...he will resist and all of the working people, military, retirees, minorities, and middle class of the country will be better for it whether they know it or not....who is losing in his administration: politicians, special interest groups, FBI and DOJ, those who would make welfare a career choice, mainstream media, foreign governments, illegal immigrants, ISIS and some people who make their living in the federal govt working for different agencies like EPA and IRS.

Media is a great example...mother nature, human nature and all things left alone occurring naturally without intervention fall into a standard normal "bell-shaped" curve. Political orientation is no different. Media and business is no different...wages (the middle class) is no different. When that bell curve doesn't look bell shaped, you can bet there are unnatural forces at work distorting the distribution... back to media...that notion would indicate that half the country is liberal and half the country is conservative with the bulk of people being near the middle, therefore they represent the "swing vote". Given that, why is there ONE so-called conservative news show on TV and a dozen? left leaning news shows... Fox is typically the top in ratings...nature and capitalism would dictate that a news outlet that wanted to increase earnings would go where the earnings are and you'd have more "conservative" new outlets....not so. Why? I can't answer that but if I were investigating it, I'd follow the money and I think it would lead me to the answer. Ratings somehow don't matter as much as they would in a natural system...the money is coming from somewhere and there is an institution embedded in the culture that creates a 'barrier to entry'. That would be the MO of crony capitalists...use politicians, the law and the propaganda machine to subdue competition and protect your position from outsiders looking to horn in on the action....and that is the real unfortunate thing about our progressive leaders...capitalism is not crony capitalism.

Follow the money

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    It is not only your right to vote . . . it is your duty as an American citizen to vote.
    Please pick one and vote. If not . . . you have absolutely NO right to complain. --- SAWMAN

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not making a decision is making a decision. Politicians nearly always vote the party line so if in doubt, ignore the candidates and vote for the party; but do vote and vote for one on the ballot

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Personally, I believe a lower voter turnout can make as much of a statement as an actual vote. Ask the Dems about Michigan last year. Hillary thought she could ignore the state and they would just show up anyways. They proved her wrong!

I understand the sacrifice made and I respect that. But I don't think that means I have to vote for Jones(who I disagree with completely on politics), or Moore(who I disagree with morally and somewhat on politics). I completely respect the ultimate sacrifices made by heroes for freedom and democracy. But I doubt the intention was to force someone to compromise their morals and personal values on a single vote.

JMO, YMMV, etc...

Edit: If Kid Rock or Ted Nugent was an Alabama resident and eligible I might show up and do a write-in. Or Saban, except I don't want him leaving his coaching duties.

Last edited:

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yeah if someone is against abortions, which im sure many Alabama residents are, and also believe Moore preyed on women, which at least some of the first group does,

You're basically telling them to vote for a murderer or sexual predator because it's their duty.

If a law or statute affects me, or a tax applied costs me, or a decision or order sends me or one of mine into harms way then I absolutely have every right and responsibility too complain. If the best the two parties can come up with is "lesser of two evils", and we keep playing the game and voting party lines, it will never change.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    The only reason I care is the vote of the senate for Supreme Court, taxes and other Trump Agenda items...I believe this is a 2 year placeholder for Sessions to return or a better Republican to take over....otherwise neither are who I would prefer but more-so the liberal because they are Anti America!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    What I really can't understand is this. Seems the people that say they love this country,what made it great,and our way of life,do not understand . . OR . . are missing two important things.
    We (every one of us) are assumed innocent until we are proven guilty in a court of law. ASSUMED INNOCENT !! And we all (every one of us ) has the right to face our accuser.
    Am I missing something here. --- SAWMAN

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    What I really can't understand is this. Seems the people that say they love this country,what made it great,and our way of life,do not understand . . OR . . are missing two important things.
    We (every one of us) are assumed innocent until we are proven guilty in a court of law. ASSUMED INNOCENT !! And we all (every one of us ) has the right to face our accuser.

you cannot convince, that after 40 years in public office, that all of a sudden, all these accusations come out....right before a crucial election...

I call political bs..

I held my nose and voted mitch Romney against BO, I would do the same if I were ala resident...

no way dougie boy...

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Statute of Limitations doesn't allow for this to go to a court of law.

And as most things go it's the court of public opinion for these officials. Right or wrong. But for me Hillary was guilty as sin for Uranium One, Benghazi, and pretty much everything else. But unfortunately I don't hand out passes based on party affiliations. That doesn't make be a liberal, I've never voted Democrat only Republican. Maybe it just makes me unbiased in my judgement.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Damn Joel, you must have made a bunch of extra trips to the voting place with that 12 passenger church bus packed with "voters".
    Were they the actually alive ones or the same names that have been in the obituaries all last year ??
    Good job . . . And congratz. Alabama deserves exactly what it gets. ---- SAWMAN

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can't wait for Trump to weigh in. Waiting for calls for recount, fake election, but her emails, etc.

Top Bottom