• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The problem is that each time he was acting as an agent of the state, that is too say a representative of the government(in their employment). And each time he was in effect projecting his religious beliefs onto the citizens and residents of his state.

Which is exactly what Sharia law is. Surprised to see so many guys here supporting it. I thought this was a bad thing.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The problem is that each time he was acting as an agent of the state, that is too say a representative of the government(in their employment). And each time he was in effect projecting his religious beliefs onto the citizens and residents of his state. Now, for those that are Christian(of whichever denomination) maybe that's cool. But for the atheist, agnostic, Buddhist, Muslim, scientologist or satanic cultist it's forcing a religion onto them.
    It's the reason the founding fathers inplemented the idea of seperation of church and state. They can't tell a citizen they can't be morman, but on the flip side they can't tell us we have to follow Catholic doctorine.

Now if you think he was following state law by barring gay marriage, or that the Feds were overstepping their bounds, then cool: vote for him. If you think he was following his religious code and trying to force those values on the people who came before him: yeah I guess you can vote for him, but keep in mind thats what drove the pilgrims across the Atlantic. It's no different than a Muslim teacher forcing the class to kneel and face Mecca during prayer time.
    Well said. Plus it never came across to me as "taking a stand." He was just using it as a way to thrust himself into the spotlight and gain some political capital in the state. But hey, it worked for him. He was a nobody judge and now he's running for Senate. Maybe if I take something that's supposed to be personal and make a spectacle of it I can become a politician, run for office, and start a "charity" that I can siphon $$ from.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Which is exactly what Sharia law is. Surprised to see so many guys here supporting it. I thought this was a bad thing.

sharia law is nothing like that...sharia is a system of total control..
    you do your research, I have already.

done on this.

arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig in the mud...does not do any good, gets you all muddy, and after a while, you realize the pig likes it...

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    On August 22, 2003, two days after the deadline for the Ten Commandments monument's removal had passed, the Alabama Judicial Inquiry Commission (JIC) filed a complaint with the Alabama Court of the Judiciary (COJ), a panel of judges, lawyers and others appointed variously by judges, legal leaders, the governor and the lieutenant governor. The complaint effectively suspended Moore from the Chief Justice position pending a hearing by the COJ.[17]

The COJ ethics hearing was held on November 12, 2003. Moore repeated his earlier sentiment that "to acknowledge God cannot be a violation of the Canons of Ethics. Without God there can be no ethics." He also acknowledged that he would repeat his defiance of the court order if given another opportunity to do so, and that if he returned to office, "I certainly wouldn't leave [the monument] in a closet, shrouded from the public." In closing arguments, the Assistant Attorney General said Moore's defiance, left unchecked, "undercuts the entire workings of the judicial system.... What message does that send to the public, to other litigants? The message it sends is: If you don't like a court order, you don't have to follow it."[18] Moore had previously stated his belief that the order was unlawful, and that compliance with such an order was not an enforceable mandate.

The next day, the COJ issued a unanimous opinion ruling that "Chief Justice Moore has violated the Alabama Canons of Judicial Ethics as alleged by the JIC in its complaint." The COJ had several disciplinary options, including censure or suspension without pay, but because Moore's responses had indicated he would defy any similar court orders in the future, the COJ concluded that "under these circumstances, there is no penalty short of removal from office that would resolve this issue."[19] Moore was immediately removed from his post.

How did this involve the federal government? This looks like Alabama Judicial Inquiry Commission (JIC) to me. Am I reading it wrong?
    In your next post, it's the first charge listed.
    2016 charges in Alabama Court of the Judiciary

On May 6, 2016, the Alabama Judicial Inquiry Commission forwarded a list of six charges of ethical violations by Moore to the Alabama Court of the Judiciary.[29] Moore was suspended from the Alabama Supreme Court pending trial and ruling. Moore faced removal from office over the charges, which were more serious than those which removed him from office in 2003.[30][31]

The list of charges included:[32]

Violation of the Alabama Canon of Judicial Ethics, for disregarding a federal injunction.
    Violation of the Alabama Canon of Judicial Ethics, for demonstrated unwillingness to follow clear law.
    Violation of the Alabama Canon of Judicial Ethics, for abuse of administrative authority.
    Violation of the Alabama Canon of Judicial Ethics, for substituting his judgement for the judgement of the entire Alabama Supreme Court, including failure to abstain from public comment about a pending proceeding in his own court.
    Violation of the Alabama Canon of Judicial Ethics, for interference with legal process and remedies in the United States District Court and/or Alabama Supreme Court related to proceedings in which Alabama probate judges were involved.
    Violation of the Alabama Canon of Judicial Ethics, for failure to recuse himself from pending proceedings in the Alabama Supreme Court after making public comment and placing his impartiality into question.

"for disregarding a federal injunction"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    sharia law is nothing like that...sharia is a system of total control..
    you do your research, I have already.

done on this.

arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig in the mud...does not do any good, gets you all muddy, and after a while, you realize the pig likes it...
    I don't see anyone arguing. Good discussion, lots of questions answered, but no mud slinging or name calling. Where is the argument?

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    https://votesmart.org/candidate/political-courage-test/57111/roy-moore/#.WcZpW-Re750

and the other

https://votesmart.org/candidate/political-courage-test/121424/luther-strange-iii/#.WcZrIuRe750

I think either one would be better than a "moderate" republican, although I lean much more towards moore, but
    i have no skin in the game, living in florida.

*note, moore is a student of the constitution, and follows it, as it was written, and not how current liberal leaning politicians on both sides want to interpet it...

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I don't live in Alabama so my opinion doesn't count anyway BUT..............I could never vote for anybody who puts the word BIG in front of their name.
    Reminds me of us playing with our grandson. How BIG is LUTHER ? Sooooooooo BIG !!!
    Who cares ?

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't live in Alabama so my opinion doesn't count anyway BUT..............I could never vote for anybody who puts the word BIG in front of their name.
    Reminds me of us playing with our grandson. How BIG is LUTHER ? Sooooooooo BIG !!!
    Who cares ?
    Well he's 6'9" and tRump says he was the first one to call him by that name. That's gotta count for something.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    But Trump tends to assign size labels to people - Little Marco, Little Rocket Man.
    Doesn't mean he should repeat it in his commercials.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Did y'all see Moore pull the .38 out of his pocket at the rally the other night ? Looked like a S&W 642 or similar.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It's illegal to carry at a political rally.
    Except that it was a private event, not a political rally.

"The rally was a ticketed event held on private property, and as such, did not meet the definition of a public place," Sawyer said in an email to AL.com . "The officer who spoke with the complainant determined there was no probable cause to believe that a violation had occurred since the event was not in a public place."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articl...sf/2017/09/fairhope_police_receive_compla.amp

How about the person complaining that simply witnessed it on tv, talk about a crybaby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    By Howard Koplowitz

hkoplowitz@al.com

Former Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore was promised a $180,000 a year salary in the five years he was president of a Montgomery-based charity, and the Foundation for Moral Law created a separate bank account and an unconventional vehicle to pay Moore, the Washington Post reported Wednesday.

AL.com previously reported on the foundation taking out a second mortgage to pay Moore $465,000 in back pay at the same time it unsuccessfully fought a breach of contract lawsuit from a company that helped the charity raised funds.

Moore's salary from 2007-2012 didn't jibe with the foundation's tax records, and the Post discovered that the judge's salary had been under-reported.

The Post report outlines how the foundation's board, which includes Moore's wife, Kayla Moore, agreed to pay Moore the $180,000 a year salary, and drew up a promissory note for years where fundraising fell short of that mark. The note also entitled Moore to a $565,000 stake in the foundation's headquarters on Dexter Avenue in Montgomery, which would allow Moore to recoup the money by selling the building. Kayla Moore recused herself from the decision.

Paper trail shows Roy Moore is a man of principal

Paper trail shows Roy Moore is a man of principal

Washington Post investigation turns up undisclosed compensation

But the foundation, whose activities have raised questions about its nonprofit status by engaging in political activity favorable to Moore, used creative ways to pay Moore - including listing him as a legal advisor when a foundation board member said Moore did not perform legal work for the charity. The compensation also wasn't accurately reflected in the foundation's tax records.

The foundation also set up an initiative called "Project Jeremiah," which Moore would be paid out of through appearance and speaking fees he commanded throughout the country after he became a nationwide figure when he was removed from the bench over the Ten Commandments statue in the state judicial building.

Project Jeremiah had its own bank account, and donors who gave to the initiative had their contributions paid to Moore, according to the Post report, which relied on public and private charity documents.

In the first year of the agreement, Moore's $105,000 collected salary and Project Jeremiah were not listed on the foundation's tax forms.

Meanwhile, an IRS review of the charity warned that the foundation was in danger of losing its tax-exempt status if it didn't clarify discrepancies between its fundraising and what was shown on the charity's books.

Moore is facing former federal prosecutor Doug Jones, a Democrat, in the Dec. 12 special election.

In a statement, Jones said the Post's report was another example of Moore's dishonesty.

"Once again, we see that Roy Moore has put his own interests ahead of the people of Alabama. This time, Moore misled the public and charitable donors by arranging a secret deal where he pocketed more than $1 million from his charity for part-time work," the campaign said. "Despite denying that he was taking a 'regular salary,' Moore secretly arranged for payments to himself of $180,000 per year and is still owed extensive back pay. It's just more proof that Alabamians can't trust Moore to look out for anyone except himself and will not look out for the people of Alabama in the U.S. Senate."

Top Bottom