• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    17th amendment perhap needs to be repealed, return the power to elect senators to the states legislature

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    although not an elected official, didn't jerry seinfeld date a 17yr old when he was 39?

don't remember the outrage there...

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Whataboutism (also known as whataboutery) is a variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument, which is particularly associated with Soviet and Russian propaganda. When criticisms were leveled at the Soviet Union, the Soviet response would be "What about..." followed by an event in the Western world.

The term "whataboutery" has been used in British English since the period of The Troubles conflict in Northern Ireland. Lexicographers date the first appearance of the variant whataboutism to the 1990s, while other historians state that during the Cold War Western officials referred to the Soviet propaganda strategy by that term. The tactic saw a resurgence in post-Soviet Russia, relating to human rights violations committed by, and criticisms of, the Russian government. The technique received new attention during Russia's 2014 annexation of Crimea and military intervention in Ukraine. Usage of the tactic extended to Russian President Vladimir Putin and his spokesman, Dmitry Peskov.

When criticisms were leveled at the Soviet Union during the Cold War, the response would be "What about..." followed by the naming of an event in the West. It represents a case of tu quoque — an appeal to hypocrisy. The tactic is a type of logical fallacy that attempts to discredit the opponent's position by accusing hypocrisy. It functions as a diversionary tactic to distract the opponent from their original criticism. Thus, the technique is used to avoid directly refuting or disproving the opponent's initial argument. The tactic is an attempt at moral relativism, and a form of false moral equivalence.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    remember, democrats have a history of accusing others of what they do....classic liberal playbook, accuse them of shit that everyone has to condemn ...or be ostracized

want to take someone down? just accuse them of racist or being sexist

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    With Franken, there is evidence. With Moore, there are allegations. Using the standards of the left, Franken should resign. Moore's accusers should have to put forth solid evidence. Eyewitnesses to sexual misconduct, not... he said, she said. It's also been floated that Wa Po actively recruited women to come forth with dirt for money. How else do they dig up these women?

I'm totally good for both of them not holding any public office,

I just can't wait for people too act shocked and surprised when Moore wins the election. Similar accusations were leveled at Trump, compelete with a recording of how you sometimes have to handle women. Didn't seem too hurt him in Alabama, idk why anyone thinks it'll hurt Moore.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Politics have become a lot like religion, people will believe what they want to believe and nothing and no one is going to change their minds.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Would absolutely love to see all these people,the accusers and accused,run thru a lie detector,two times for accuracy.
    Some of this stuff just seems like so much BS to me. I still cannot understand why the person that felt like they were mistreated would/should wait more than just a couple years before going public. Or in the case of younger victims, become an adult. ---- SAWMAN

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    its all about the benjamins...

now I see a story today, accusing stallone from 1986, 16yr old says she was pressured into sex with him and his bodyguard..

whats next? every groupie that ever had sex with rock n roll stars filing charges?

give me a break

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    To me it's a no-brainer.
    If I am innocent and I know I'm innocent . . . why in the eff would I NOT take a polygraph test . . . or two,or three.
    Moore should have done that as soon as the alligations started to surface. UNLESS . . . . . ?? ---- SAWMAN

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    17th amendment perhap needs to be repealed, return the power to elect senators to the states legislature

^^^^ yes, this ^^^^

The US is a democratic, constitutional republic. Pure democracy fails over time as the majority will eventually oppress the minority...in other words, California, New York, Illinois would control the politics and corruption finds people in power; eventually the people in power would do great harm to its citizens.

The Senate members were to be appointed by the state legislatures to do the state's business. That was changed in the 17th amendment (passed during the progressive era) and changed the appointment to a general election. Why is that important? The senators are now aligned along party lines, not state lines. Unfunded mandates like Obamacare, income tax, many other taxes would not have been passed as the states would never pass something they weren't able to pay for. Our state taxes should be higher than federal taxes, not the other way around.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To me it's a no-brainer.
    If I am innocent and I know I'm innocent . . . why in the eff would I NOT take a polygraph test . . . or two,or three.
    Moore should have done that as soon as the alligations started to surface. UNLESS . . . . . ?? ---- SAWMAN
    I usually consider Sean Hannity the MSNBC of conservatives. But after listening to Moore's answers in his radio interview with Hannity, I kept thinking WTF?!?! Why give such dodgy answers if you have nothing to hide. "Generally" didn't date girls that age. What does that mean...a 60:40 ratio?!?!

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    polygraph can screw you up even if innocent, the women need to give sworn complaints, that makes it a real issue, none have done so.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    polygraph can screw you up even if innocent, the women need to give sworn complaints, that makes it a real issue, none have done so.

Criminal charges can't be brought due to expiration of the Statute of Limitations as I understand it. Who would they file a sworn complaint with?

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I say everyone get the hell over it, it was 40 yrs ago , if it really happened...

I am not the same man I was 40 yrs ago, and neither is roy moore...focus on today and go forward..

a republican in that seat is vital..the democrats have been running the train off the rails for years, it is time to take this country back to what it was, and should be..again

Mozella

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I say everyone get the hell over it, it was 40 yrs ago , if it really happened...

I am not the same man I was 40 yrs ago, and neither is roy moore......... snip................

You make a good point. The Democrats and MSM are trying to paint Moore as a pedophile, something we often associate with molesting a child not yet a teenager. It should be noted that pedophilia is a mental defect which can't be cured and these wackos typically keep molesting children. So ask yourself where are the accusers from last week, last month, last year, and so-on. Moore is no pedophile, even though he very well may have been a creep nearly 4 decades ago.

Moore would certainly qualify as a creep 38 years ago if indeed he dated teenagers when he was in his early 30's, but the only serious accusation is obviously fake and the other ones hardly rise to the level of the misdeeds of most other Senators. Trying to steal a kiss? Compare that with Bill Clinton committing rape and Melendez taking bribes while going to the Caribbean to have sex with under age girls.

In the last 38 years Moore has lead a life much more responsible and upstanding than his main accuser who is a real social mess. When he gets to the Senate, he will be one of the least tainted members even if all the claims against him are true.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    You make a good point. The Democrats and MSM are trying to paint Moore as a pedophile, something we often associate with molesting a child not yet a teenager. It should be noted that pedophilia is a mental defect which can't be cured and these wackos typically keep molesting children. So ask yourself where are the accusers from last week, last month, last year, and so-on. Moore is no pedophile, even though he very well may have been a creep nearly 4 decades ago.

Moore would certainly qualify as a creep 38 years ago if indeed he dated teenagers when he was in his early 30's, but the only serious accusation is obviously fake and the other ones hardly rise to the level of the misdeeds of most other Senators. Trying to steal a kiss? Compare that with Bill Clinton committing rape and Melendez taking bribes while going to the Caribbean to have sex with under age girls.

In the last 38 years Moore has lead a life much more responsible and upstanding than his main accuser who is a real social mess. When he gets to the Senate, he will be one of the least tainted members even if all the claims against him are true.

hell, 40 yrs ago, I was chasing teenage tail....

but I changed, doesn't mean I am a saint now, but let's just move on to defeating and draining the swamp..

edit; at least moore is not a faggot...

Last edited:

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

You are right, all of these women made it all up. All eight of them. Poor Moore is simply a victim of their lies.

Kind of weak lies though. I mean if this was a ploy by the opposition wouldn't these women all claim to have been raped by Roy Moore. Seems like a big oversight. And why only get women from 40 years ago. I mean if the Dems are going to pay people to lie, why not get some women to lie about event that occurred just a few years ago. Why stop at 8, why not go to 10 or 12. "A dozen women complain about Roy Moore Raping them" sounds better in the smear campaign.

Of course everyone who knew Moore back during this time frame also knew that Moore liked to chase after teenage girls. Guess the entire generation of his neighbors was also in on it as well. Poor Moore. What did he ever do to be hated so much by so many people?

Moore is a Republican and therefore we should ignore his lies and his hypocrisy because he is one of us. Of course I would let that bastard near me or any one of my family or near anyone that I cared about, but hey it is all for the "greater good" . . . . correct?

Top Bottom