• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Funny how Luther Strange's campaign failed to confirm the allegations. Funny how all this happened decades ago and is just now coming out, fishy indeed. I don't have a say in Alabama voting but this reeks of shit made up to discredit one particular candidate.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-failed-to-confirm-roy-moore-allegations.html

I predict roy moore will be elected,narrowly, and the demoncrat inspired repubs , led by mealymouth mitch, will find a way to unseat him...

this stinks like fresh dogdoo on a shoe

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Let us not be so quick to point to Alabama when:

Florida Is The Most Corrupt State In The Country, According To Integrity Florida Study.

A new study by nonprofit Integrity Florida ranks the Sunshine State as the country’s most corrupt.
    According to the “Corruption Risk Report: Florida Ethics Laws,” 1,762 of Florida’s public officials have been convicted of public corruption since 1976. From 2000 to 2010, there have been an average of 71 convictions each year — and 107 convictions in 2000 alone, the worst year on record.

Along with recent conviction rates, the study cites a C- grade on ethics enforcement from the State Integrity Investigation and the fact that three Florida cities ranked on Forbes’ “Most Miserable Cities” thanks to political corruption.

Florida was followed in the rankings by California, Texas, New York and Pennsylvania. The findings come on the heels of a February 2012 study which found Florida to be the fourth most corrupt state in the country, with New York taking the dubious honor at the top. That study used records as far back as 1976, while Integrity Florida used data from 2000 to 2010.

“In the modern era (2000-2010), there has been an upward trend towards more federal public corruption convictions in Florida,” read the Integrity Florida report.

Miami-Dade has had more than its share of spectacular political corruption in recent decades. Former Miami City Commissioner Humberto Hernandez pled guilty in 1997 to charges he raked in $8 million in mortgages by over-inflating property values. He was also charged with voter fraud after a comfortable election win.

Former Miami Beach Mayor Alex Daoud did time in 1991 after being accused of accepting more than $100,000 worth of free work on his home, extorting money, taking in $100,000 in cash bribes, and filing false tax returns for six years — all chronicled in his book, “Sins of South Beach.”

Even when deeds seem borne of good intentions in Miami-Dade, they backfire. Earlier this year Miami Shores comptroller Carolyn Ann Modeste was banned for life from public service because she stole more than $200,000 of the village’s money after falling prey to an African orphan scam.

BTW, I'm not a native of Alabama, I'm a transplant from that other corrupt state (referring to its politicians) called Pennsylvania.

I was born and raised in amabalA and well remember people like George Wallace and Bull Connor. This latest gang with Robert Bentley (governor, resigned and copped a plea), Mike Hubbard (speaker of the house, convicted of 4 felony ethics violations, sentenced to 4 years in prison, 8 years of probation, and $210,000 fine), and Roy Moore (removed from the supreme court) takes the cake. The head of every branch of amabalA government has been forced aside, and with good reason.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I was born and raised in amabalA and well remember people like George Wallace and Bull Connor. This latest gang with Robert Bentley (governor, resigned and copped a plea), Mike Hubbard (speaker of the house, convicted of 4 felony ethics violations, sentenced to 4 years in prison, 8 years of probation, and $210,000 fine), and Roy Moore (removed from the supreme court) takes the cake. The head of every branch of amabalA government has been forced aside, and with good reason.

You forgot to mention Ex Gov. Don Siegelman (D) who just got out of prison after serving 7 years for a bunch of stuff. Be happy in Florida, we should all be in our happy place. After living 55 years in the democratic controlled NW part of Pennsylvania, I'm very comfortable in living in this backward state of which you call amabalA. :madgrin:

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep, Siegelman just got out.

In October 2015 more than 100 former attorneys general and officials, both Democratic and Republican, contended that his prosecution was marred by prosecutorial misconduct; they petitioned the United States Supreme Court to review the case.[4] Siegelman was released from prison on February 8, 2017, and is on supervised probation.

If it makes you feel better I could call it Alabackwards. Your choice.

Last edited:

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You forgot to mention Ex Gov. Don Siegelman (D) who just got out of prison after serving 7 years for a bunch of stuff. Be happy in Florida, we should all be in our happy place. After living 55 years in the democratic controlled NW part of Pennsylvania, I'm very comfortable in living in this backward state of which you call amabalA. :madgrin:

Why the (D) after Siegelman's name? I mentioned no political party affiliation in my post, just the names of those involved.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The Washington Post broke yet another huge sex scandal story this week, and this one could have damning implications for the Republican majority on Capitol Hill. The story goes that Alabama’s Roy Moore, who is in a race for the Senate, had (somewhat) sexual trysts with a series of teenagers back in the late 1970s. The veracity of these allegations is up for debate, but when we’re sitting in a climate of “Bring down every man who ever looked the wrong way at a woman” combined with a climate of “everyone even vaguely associated with Donald Trump must be destroyed,” it’s no surprise that Moore is being treated with a presumption of guilt.

http://totalconservative.com/roy-moore-vows-keep-fighting-can-still-win/

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Why the (D) after Siegelman's name? I mentioned no political party affiliation in my post, just the names of those involved.

That's because it is/was his party affiliation. Nothing to hide there and it is not my problem that you didn't mention any other party affiliation in you post. I could have mentioned that he was the state's first Roman Catholic to be elected as Governor of Alabama but didn't and it was my choice just like you made a choice not to specify a D or R.

BTW, from Wikipedia: Donald Eugene "Don" Siegelman /ˈsiːɡəlmən/ (born February 24, 1946) is a former American politician and lawyer who has held numerous offices in the state of Alabama. He served one term as the 51st Governor of Alabama from 1999 to 2003. Siegelman was the last member of the Democratic Party, as well as the only Roman Catholic, to hold the office of governor. He is the only person in the history of Alabama to be elected to serve in all four of the top statewide elected offices: Secretary of State, Attorney General, Lieutenant Governor and Governor. He served in Alabama politics for 26 years.

I could also mention he married a Jewish woman and his children were rased in the Jewish faith. No big deal because I actually liked the guy when I first moved to abalama.

Last edited:

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "There's a special place in hell for people who prey on children, I've yet to see a valid explanation and I have no reason to doubt the victims' accounts"

So says some ridiculous left wing nutjob liberal that's out to just destroy the republican party with her lies and dishonesty. Her name? "Ivanka Trump". First daughter and senior presidential adviser.

What a know-nothing.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "There's a special place in hell for people who prey on children, I've yet to see a valid explanation and I have no reason to doubt the victims' accounts"

So says some ridiculous left wing nutjob liberal that's out to just destroy the republican party with her lies and dishonesty. Her name? "Ivanka Trump". First daughter and senior presidential adviser.

What a know-nothing.

Let's not forget she and her husband are (unless they changed it after the election) are registered democrats.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    New report that back in the 80's Roy Moore was banned from his hometown mall and from the YMCA because of his creeping on teenage girls. Also one of his fellow prosecutors stated that it was well known that Roy Moore dated teenage girls when he was in his 30s.

As for Ivanka's statement- there is a disagreement about pedophiles deserving a special place in hell because Ivanka is a Democrat? Really?

Moore is not fit to serve political office. He was an unfit Justice and he is proving to be an unfit candidate.

As for the delays, this is not uncommon. Women who have been the victim of sexual harassment or assault are often unwilling to talk about it. Doubly true when the perp is a person in power. In the Weinstein scandals many of the allegations are very old. It think the timing has more to do with the #metoo campaign and some good investigative reporting by a journalist rather than some smear campaign.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    and I think you're WAY out of line to approach a subject you may not be familiar with.

I am a woman. I am more familiar with this subject than you will ever be, inspite of your emotional rants.

Also pretty sure a man with an id fl57caveman does not need another man to *defend* him. But if you want to make it personal do continue to expose yourself.
    I can always use a laugh.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have no doubt that Moore is a creep. But people are calling him a pedophile. That is a mental defect which can't be cured and if you look up "repeat offender" in the dictionary, you'll find a picture of a pedophile. If the claim is true, then where is Moore's victim from last month, last year, last decade, and so-on. Pedophilia is really disgusting, but I'm not sure this label isn't just another tool gaining favor with the liberal crowd and the Washington Swamp Creatures now that the tag of "racist" is losing its sting.

No doubt the Deep State hates Moore and what he stands for and this whole thing shows how desperate they are to bring him down. He's certainly not my favorite and he's past association with very young girls makes him really creepy. But by that standard he will prove to be one of the least offensive Senators we are currently suffering under. They're all a bunch of scum bags and I believe that Moore is one too.

But the list of Senators worse than Moore is a long one. Does anyone remember Teddy Kennedy?

Excellent post! Thank you.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Something else occurred to me recently...not sure why I never thought about it before but here goes: Truth is, neither party really cares who is in power. Yes they talk about it, but really the party elders don't have much to worry about. Only a few embattled candidates any given election have anything to worry about. The party can give money or hold money any time it wants to and those powerful party elders control that....again, they don't care who is in power as they will continue their lives as if nothing changed. Their obstructionist action will be their battle cry if they are not in power.

Moore is a great case in point. The Republicans not backing Trump's agenda is the same....a few scapegoat senators lose but McConnell, Shumer, Pelosi, McCain, Ryan etc...remain unscathed and untouched. Trump represents the only true challenge to the status quo I have seen in my adult life. So republicans don't really care overall if Session's seat goes Democrat or not...sure they want to retain power but not enough to get behind Trump and pass Tax reform, or kill/replace Obamacare or build a wall.

The answer: term limits

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think the Democrats want power period.
    And because they are hungrier and more aggressive for power the Republicans are happy to "pick up the scraps."

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Copypasta from another site :

Can I just say, I'm actually a little annoyed that sexually assaulting teenagers is the point where most people realized Roy Moore is an awful human being who's unfit for office? I mean, Republicans had no problem supporting the dude when he was saying that 9/11 and Sandy Hook happened because we tolerate gays. They tossed him an endorsement when he said the first amendment doesn't apply to non-Christians. They said he'd 'vote right', even though they knew that, as a judge, he'd sided with a child-beater over a woman who'd come out as a lesbian in a custody hearing. This is a guy who's been removed from office, twice, over ethics violations, but sure. . . this is the line we've drawn in saying that this guy is not fit to represent the people of Alabama.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    New report that back in the 80's Roy Moore was banned from his hometown mall

Clarification:
    http://www.wbrc.com/clip/13905910/former-gadsden-mall-manager-says-roy-moore-wasnt-banned

Creepy yes if true but not banned.

There is so much information coming out (accusations/claims) that it's becoming tough to distinguish truth from fiction. At what point will the anti-Moore cabal be faced with a point of diminishing returns?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom