MCX 300blk 16" folding skeleton, $1220
    MCX 300blk 16" folding/telescoping $1290

Prices are out the door

Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    A friend is considering one of the above mentioned SIGs. Told him the prices are Very Nice, but he'd better move on it before it disappears. Bringing a couple of mine to the range Sunday for him to play with so he can decide. He asked me about SIG stocks. I mentioned I had a collapsing one I'd never tried out so...loosen 1 bolt, remove folding stock, slide collapsing stock in place, tighten bolt, and Done! Easier than I thought.

In the FWIW category: SIG is sending a 5.56 "taper cap" for free so I can put my non-SIG suppressor on my 5.56 MCX; due to arrive tomorrow. After going via their Director of Marketing, SIG has put me on their list to send me for free an adaptor to use the MCX upper on an AR lower and allow the use of SIG stocks with no buffer tube needed (ETA unknown). Why would I want to do that?...because Parker Mountain Machine is sending a MCX full auto kit consisting of an auto trip lever and pins. The trip lever connects the MCX upper to the M16 auto sear. SIG MCX uppers are already machined for the trip lever (look inside the upper towards the rear...you will see the slot and holes for the 2 pins to hold it in place), but SIG won't sell the trip lever to "civilians". MCX upper + trip lever + AR lower adaptor + M16 lower = full auto SIG fun. Doing it just because I can.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    A friend is considering one of the above mentioned SIGs. Told him the prices are Very Nice, but he'd better move on it before it disappears. Bringing a couple of mine to the range Sunday for him to play with so he can decide. He asked me about SIG stocks. I mentioned I had a collapsing one I'd never tried out so...loosen 1 bolt, remove folding stock, slide collapsing stock in place, tighten bolt, and Done! Easier than I thought.

In the FWIW category: SIG is sending a 5.56 "taper cap" for free so I can put my non-SIG suppressor on my 5.56 MCX; due to arrive tomorrow. After going via their Director of Marketing, SIG has put me on their list to send me for free an adaptor to use the MCX upper on an AR lower and allow the use of SIG stocks with no buffer tube needed (ETA unknown). Why would I want to do that?...because Parker Mountain Machine is sending a MCX full auto kit consisting of an auto trip lever and pins. The trip lever connects the MCX upper to the M16 auto sear. SIG MCX uppers are already machined for the trip lever (look inside the upper towards the rear...you will see the slot and holes for the 2 pins to hold it in place), but SIG won't sell the trip lever to "civilians". MCX upper + trip lever + AR lower adaptor + M16 lower = full auto SIG fun. Doing it just because I can.

How many links in the chain to get to the director? I'm jealous. Those adapters have been like unicorn farts since they've been announced.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nate,
    Here's the rest of the story (short version). SIG put out a U Tube video introducing their Rattler. At the end of the video, their Marketing Director featured in the video says his name and email and says anyone can ask him questions. So, I did. Up to this point, a valid SIG email address from someone high enough in the organization that can do more than just repeat what they've been told to say and doesn't **know what they are saying sometimes has not been available to me.

A few emails back and forth with that director later I get this from another SIG employee: "Your recent email chain with our MARCOM Director was forwarded on to me. I am going to have a tape cap sent out to you for installation of a silencer in need of a 90 degree shoulder. The AR conversion kit unfortunately are not readily available yet. These should be hitting the market quickly but we do unfortunately have a heavy backorder. I am going to get one of those as well on a warranty order no charge. Can you please confirm your address to ensure when the items ship they get to the correct address."

I did get the taper cap today. No AR conversion part yet nor an invoice for same (not surprised; I think it will take a while).

** = Example of bogus info given to me from SIG. "A gas piston upper is the opposite of a direct impingement upper. The gas piston upper needs more gas to function when a suppressor is in place."

PM sent

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I just wanted everyone to know the reason I am getting the MPX. It's Bruce's fault.

Top Bottom