• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a early sig 556 that I believe they called the patrol model it has the fishgill hand guard with the rail on each side, and the m4 non folding stock. It takes AR magazines. I bought it back when they were expensive. I know they have come way down in value but I don't know what a fair price is in today's market . Serious question, what would a fair asking price be in today's market . It's in like new condition fired less than 200 rounds. Can anyone be of any help?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Locally, used Sig 556 (not 556R) in lightly used condition sell at about $900+-. I think there were two different types of "gills" forends, that and the non-folding shoulder stock may affect value based on buyers tastes. Unlike AR erector set parts being in abundance and reasonably priced, a new folder and front end would be sourced only by Sig and their not cheap. In turn most buyers buy the stock configurations they want. I have seen requests for stock trades dedicated Sig Sites. There have been a few listed on GCGF.

The Sig 556 is a great firearm IMHO. Has AR controls, adjustable gas piston runs clean, uses std AR mags and accurate. I have several.

Last edited:

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. I'll price it well under $ 900 and see if it will sell.

Latest posts

Top Bottom