• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • linkovich

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    When this forum first started there was a rule in place for the classifieds section that you couldn't edit out the asking price a gun once it sold, or change it to "sold" or anything along those lines. It was like that so people could get do a search and get a general idea of what things were selling for in this area. I always thought that was kind of nice to be able to get a rough market value for something local, but it seems like that rule went by the way side at some point. Is it no longer in effect??

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I believe that it still stands . . HOWEVER . . the mods do not enforce it.
    I say - - -> If a seller deletes any price in his OP add,he should get one warning in the form of a PM. The next offence he should be banned from selling ONLY,for 3 months.
    I do not understand why the seller should not be able to put up that the item has been sold.
    NOW . . . . I am not admin. However I can surely understand why he (Tex/Kev) would NOT want to ban anyone from posting a for sale add. ($$$$$)
    Soooooooo . . . . herein could lie a problem. I would just add,like any law in society,if you aint gonna enfore it,why thr hell have it. --- SAWMAN

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I would agree, but I also say if something doesn't sell in a year, it gets deleted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think in a lot of transactions, the final negotiations are done off the Thread by PM. Phone or in person. "Traded" has too many variables based on the individuals assigned values. I would venture to guess many people are unaware that the final deal price is desired. We see the Mods asking for locations and trade values info that sellers overlook all the time. I think the Mods are chasing more pressing issues (Loc, price, trade value and Closing Posts for people that don't Close it themselves.

As an alternative resource you can use the Link below. Open and go to bottom of page toread Recently Sold info. You just need to search the desired firearm to see if tere are Sold results.

https://gunwatcher.com/cz-shadow-2-for-sale-in-stock/guns-best-price-link

07stuntin6r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Can they move the sold items to a new section or something? Or just delete the ad all together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

linkovich

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    The rule never had anything to do with the final deal price. It was just that you had to leave the asking price so people had something to go off of. Gun broker and other sites aren't always the most accurate gauge for what somethings worth in our area. I have a pretty good idea of what things are worth but prices do fluctuate.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think the person that made the original post should be able to close it,delete or modify it as they see fit. Why is someone always seeking control over other people's actions? I personally have a hard enough time controlling my own life with trying to control other people's. I'm sure there are many people that enjoy controlling other folks , I'm just not one of them.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I believe that it still stands . . HOWEVER . . the mods do not enforce it.
    I say - - -> If a seller deletes any price in his OP add,he should get one warning in the form of a PM. The next offence he should be banned from selling ONLY,for 3 months.
    I do not understand why the seller should not be able to put up that the item has been sold.
    NOW . . . . I am not admin. However I can surely understand why he (Tex/Kev) would NOT want to ban anyone from posting a for sale add. ($$$$$)
    Soooooooo . . . . herein could lie a problem. I would just add,like any law in society,if you aint gonna enfore it,why thr hell have it. --- SAWMAN

I would say about after a month after an item is sold the post should be deleted all together. Ebay wipes the info after a while. I can't even see what I sold or bought after a while. Amazon however I can look what I bought a million years ago. LOL

I personally don't look at ads after they are marked locked and sold. Could careless...

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My "vote" would be - - -> move the sold adds to their own section but do not delete them.
    I often find myself going back thru the firearms for sale adds for about the last 10 pages. Trying to see a "trend" I guess. Also looking for certain members activities. --- SAWMAN

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Yes the "leaving your price rule" is still there. Members seem to give it less attention than the location rule which is minimal at best sometimes. It is left up to moderator discretion and I could argue both sides of the issue. With the avenue of search engines and websites like gunbroker and Armslist a member can get a decent value of there firearm based on their location. I think the amount of ads flowing thru the classifieds with edited/deleted prices is minimum compared to the overall amount of ads. I'm sure there will be some discussion about it but ads that have been around for years are vastly more discussed than missing prices. IMHO

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My "vote" would be - - -> move the sold adds to their own section but do not delete them.
    I often find myself going back thru the firearms for sale adds for about the last 10 pages. Trying to see a "trend" I guess. Also looking for certain members activities. --- SAWMAN

LOL You have too much time on your hands.

Sounds like you are stalker or something. "certain members activities"

So If I post an item for sale and have the price in bedded in the pic and I decide to remove the pic from the hosting site. Then the price and pic is gone...

Another issue I can remove the pic after a sell also. It's on another site and not owned by GCGF. One reason if I am interested in something I save the pics and the ad and put it in a word doc for my records of course only if I buy it.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I never could understand why a seller would put the price in an attached picture OR in the title of his thread.
    However,please understand,it does not bother me. Not me anyway. --- SAWMAN

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    When something of mine sells, I just edit the original ad and add the words "sold".
    Don't bump it, just edit it.

Top Bottom