• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've seen some 855A1 bullets available in small quantities, few and far between. Anyone else see them available consistently anywhere?
    I personally have only seen them in the military. Heck of a round though. Besides being "green" and earth friendly or whatever, they make some horrible wound channels at all distances, not like the regular 855 where you had to have that sweet spot for it to fragment or tumble.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Can anybody press a556 around for me I won't need many but I'm ordering some special tips which can only be sold as a bullet not cased and powdered already

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Black tip

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

If someone is thinking about reloading for him (Myths1), be forewarned it is a Felony to do it in Florida. And if he's trolling, you're probably now on Big Brothers watch list.

FSS 790.31 Armor-piercing or exploding ammunition or dragon’s breath shotgun shells, bolo shells, or flechette shells prohibited.—

(2)(a) Any person who manufactures, sells, offers for sale, or delivers any armor-piercing bullet or exploding bullet, or dragon’s breath shotgun shell, bolo shell, or flechette shell is guilty of a felony of the third degree,

(b) Any person who possesses an armor-piercing bullet or exploding bullet with knowledge of its armor-piercing or exploding capabilities loaded in a handgun, or who possesses a dragon’s breath shotgun shell, bolo shell, or flechette shell with knowledge of its capabilities loaded in a firearm, is guilty of a felony of the third degree

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think it is a positive thread.

I shows that the reloaders here have some common sense.
    It educated at least one person on FL firearm laws.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fair enough. Just didn't want to see anyone end up in trouble.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If someone is thinking about reloading for him (Myths1), be forewarned it is a Felony to do it in Florida. And if he's trolling, you're probably now on Big Brothers watch list.

FSS 790.31 Armor-piercing or exploding ammunition or dragon’s breath shotgun shells, bolo shells, or flechette shells prohibited.—

(2)(a) Any person who manufactures, sells, offers for sale, or delivers any armor-piercing bullet or exploding bullet, or dragon’s breath shotgun shell, bolo shell, or flechette shell is guilty of a felony of the third degree,

(b) Any person who possesses an armor-piercing bullet or exploding bullet with knowledge of its armor-piercing or exploding capabilities loaded in a handgun, or who possesses a dragon’s breath shotgun shell, bolo shell, or flechette shell with knowledge of its capabilities loaded in a firearm, is guilty of a felony of the third degree

Wrong... AP rifle ammo is lawful in FL. You failed to read the definition of "Armor piercing bullet" as it is used in the law you cited.

(1) As used in this section, the term:

(a) “Armor-piercing bullet” means any bullet which has a steel inner core or core of equivalent hardness and a truncated cone and which is designed for use in a handgun as an armor-piercing or metal-piercing bullet.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Wrong... AP rifle ammo is lawful in FL. You failed to read the definition of "Armor piercing bullet" as it is used in the law you cited.

(a) “Armor-piercing bullet” means any bullet which has a steel inner core or core of equivalent hardness and a truncated cone and which is designed for use in a handgun as an armor-piercing or metal-piercing bullet.

I believe this is correct....from my hazy memory of reading it many moons ago

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

An AR pistol in 7.62x39 is what killed the Chinese imported ammo, 5.45 AK pistols killed 7N6 import, and since these can be fired in an AR pistol, I wouldn't be willing to make that stretch considering they won't sell .22LR to someone under 21 because it can be fired in a pistol.

This dude has a low post count and is asking people to do something either marginally legal or absolutely illegal. Anyone who would entertain the idea is an idiot.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Hmm, okay, I was reading the bolos loaded in a firearm. I stand corrected, thank you. But I'll steer clear of them anyways.

Last edited:

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    An AR pistol in 7.62x39 is what killed the Chinese imported ammo, 5.45 AK pistols killed 7N6 import, and since these can be fired in an AR pistol, I wouldn't be willing to make that stretch considering they won't sell .22LR to someone under 21 because it can be fired in a pistol.

This dude has a low post count and is asking people to do something either marginally legal or absolutely illegal. Anyone who would entertain the idea is an idiot.

Until state law changes to include rifles/long guns, or case law includes them, AP ammo in initial rifle chambering is lawful.

Nothing marginally legal or absolutely illegal about it as the law stands today... you're speculating on legal outcomes.

However, the advent and development of pistols chambered in traditional rifle cartridges WILL be something for future court consideration... especially in the area of uncased long guns in private vehicles. Currently FL law allows uncased long guns but not pistols because of the "readily accessible for immediate use" clause in the law. Case law established long guns by virtue of their size/length renders them cumbersome in the confines of a MV... but SBR's certainly can be manipulated inside a MV... something that certainly will be before the courts in the future.

You do have a point however with pistols now being chambered in rifle ammo configuration as a consideration for future litigation. But as the law stands today, there is no "stretch" legally to do what the OP is asking.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feds state in "No person shall manufacture or ........ " Reloading is manufacturing. My non-lawyer opinion is OP is requesting someone commit a unlawful act.

27 CFR
    § 478.37 Manufacture, importation and sale of armor piercing ammunition.

No person shall manufacture or import, and no manufacturer or importer shall sell or deliver, armor piercing ammunition, except:

(a) The manufacture or importation, or the sale or delivery by anymanufacturer or importer, of armor piercing ammunition for the use of the United States or any department or agency thereof or any State or any department, agency or political subdivision thereof;

(b) The manufacture, or the sale or delivery by a manufacturer or importer, ofarmor piercing ammunition for the purpose of exportation; or

(c) The sale or delivery by a manufacturer or importer of armor piercing ammunition for the purposes of testing or experimentation as authorized by the Director under the provisions of § 478.149.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feds state in "No person shall manufacture or ........ " Reloading is manufacturing. My non-lawyer opinion is OP is requesting someone commit a unlawful act.

27 CFR

No person shall manufacture or import, and no manufacturer or importer shall sell or deliver, armor piercing ammunition, except:

(a) The manufacture or importation, or the sale or delivery by anymanufacturer or importer, of armor piercing ammunition for the use of the United States or any department or agency thereof or any State or any department, agency or political subdivision thereof;

(b) The manufacture, or the sale or delivery by a manufacturer or importer, ofarmor piercing ammunition for the purpose of exportation; or

(c) The sale or delivery by a manufacturer or importer of armor piercing ammunition for the purposes of testing or experimentation as authorized by the Director under the provisions of § 478.149.

GOOD POINT! That's why I put state law in bold.

To answer the poster who asked... I see AP pulls for sale all the time. Now whether or not the legislative intent of the above cited Administrative Law includes private/personal reloading of pulled bullets, which it very well may, it may or may not be a Federal violation.

I'm going to make some phone calls to some ATF folks and see what they say about the above cited law and it's intended application.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Until state law changes to include rifles/long guns, or case law includes them, AP ammo in initial rifle chambering is lawful.

Nothing marginally legal or absolutely illegal about it as the law stands today... you're speculating on legal outcomes.

However, the advent and development of pistols chambered in traditional rifle cartridges WILL be something for future court consideration... especially in the area of uncased long guns in private vehicles. Currently FL law allows uncased long guns but not pistols because of the "readily accessible for immediate use" clause in the law. Case law established long guns by virtue of their size/length renders them cumbersome in the confines of a MV... but SBR's certainly can be manipulated inside a MV... something that certainly will be before the courts in the future.

You do have a point however with pistols now being chambered in rifle ammo configuration as a consideration for future litigation. But as the law stands today, there is no "stretch" legally to do what the OP is asking.

I don't disagree on the surface. The definition of armor piercing ammo is the same in both state and federal statutes. I just don't want to be the test case for AP ammo capable of being used in an AR pistol.
    Personally I think the entire thing is stupid, but no one has elected me to write gun laws and you couldn't pay me enough to enforce them in this day and age. Glad my wife got out of that gig. You guys don't get paid enough to deal with the stupidity you deal with.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

27 CFR

The definition of armor piercing on that statute is the same as the state statute.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I know what to do shoot some manufactured AP rounds out of your pistol AR while shouldering your sig brace... That will blow there minds!!!

I just had to go there. Ha ha ha

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I know what to do shoot some manufactured AP rounds out of your pistol AR while shouldering your sig brace... That will blow there minds!!!

I just had to go there. Ha ha ha

Don't forget to do that with the 80% lower you finished without the serial number.

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why would anyone need this kind of ammo, hunt ??? Go through animal an keep on going ???

Top Bottom