• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why would anyone need this kind of ammo, hunt ??? Go through animal an keep on going ???

For taking out light armored vehicles. Which is why this whole conversation is suspect, at best.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why would anyone need this kind of ammo, hunt ??? Go through animal an keep on going ???
    ^^^this^^^ Don't get me wrong, I'm all 2nd amendment, don't tread on me or tell me what to do kinda guy, but I am also curious as to the civilian application of such a round.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From Fed 27 CFR Meaning of terms below. Please Note first line "...... which may be used in a handgun ...." this is much broader then the FL Statute which includes "... which is designed for use in a handgun ..... On the FL Side: 5.56 was designed as a rifle cartridge and the chambering later applied to handguns. On the Fed side: if it fits in a handgun it is restricted/ illegal for the average citizen.
    The other Posts already covered Fed/Fl "person" and "manfactures". I interpet this as: If someone manufactures true 5.56 AP they are in violation of the Fed Reg. My non-lawyer opinion.

Armor piercing ammunition
    Projectiles or projectile cores which may be used in a*handgun*and which are constructed entirely (excluding the presence of traces of other substances) from one or a combination of tungsten alloys, steel, iron, brass, bronze, beryllium copper, or depleted uranium; or full jacketed projectiles larger than .22 caliber designed and intended for use in ahandgun*and whose jacket has a weight of more than 25 percent of the total weight of the projectile. The term does not*include*shotgun*shot required by Federal or*State*environmental or game regulations for hunting purposes, frangible projectiles designed for target shooting, projectiles which the*Director*finds are primarily intended to be used for sporting purposes, or any other projectiles or projectile cores which theDirector*finds are intended to be used for industrial purposes,*includingcharges used in oil and gas well perforating devices.

myths1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Been away a bit. I can't find any comparisons of ap ammo in ar pistols wanted to do a video of the different ap rounds to compare on different range/metal thicknesses

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

myths1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Picked up a loader btw so good on that just didn't want to for a few rounds

myths1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    But yea it's confusing. Can buy the bullets freely just have to load yourself. I don't see how any different than the solid brass tips I keep in clip

myths1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From my understanding it couldn't be manufactured by companies but they still sell tips so for legal home loading. If not why would the be allowed to legally sell the bullets?

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Call the ATF field office in Atlanta Georgia. Ask for Gail Stokes she can explain any of the rules and regulations to you.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The phone number is 404 - 417 - 2670

myths1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks I'll do that and see what they say.

Top Bottom