• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have been using this type of LED lights for several months now and gotta say that I really like them.
    For me it is all about lumens for the money. Do not know the output,but take my word for it . . . they are damn bright. They run on two "AA" batts and seem to last a long time. Mine have three modes of operation. Full bright white light,steady red,and flashing red. They also have a fairly strong magnetic base.
    They can be had at Amazon for <$19and from some dealers the shipping is free. For the money,these are some great lights. I have four and will be ordering more. --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• 20170912_101156.jpg
      20170912_101156.jpg
      475.2 KB · Views: 240

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Color me intrigued. Looks like they are 400 Lumens.

Do they cast a wide area of light? I'm thinking they may be handy to have around the house for power outages or working in dark places.

Looks like they can be found as low as $17.80 right now with free 2-day shipping with Prime: http://amzn.to/2wmRPlz

LQCOCE0.jpg

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    WIDE . . ?? . . hell yeah. The light emitted is super white also.
    Your link is a good deal. Best i've seen. ---- SAWMAN

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have used these a lot over the years. Great lights in attics. Check out the Nebo Slide, probably my favorite light I've ever had.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Got two of the type that I have already for $37. shipped.
    The magnetic base feature comes in handy. I stick them on the bed rail of my truck to give plenty light we we are loading critters. One on each side,faceing aft,gives all the light you would ever need. ---- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Got two of the type that I have already for $37. shipped.
    The magnetic base feature comes in handy. I stick them on the bed rail of my truck to give plenty light we we are loading critters. One on each side,faceing aft,gives all the light you would ever need. ---- SAWMAN

Since you missed my birthday AGAIN! For the upteenth time it is in May. I'll be happy to take one.

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Someone needs to order a few extra ones on there prime accounts, then you can sell the extra ones to us at the discounted rate, everybody will be happy

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jeeeeeeeze Bruce, You told me a couple of years ago when you turned 70 that you were not gonna have any more b'days.
    What I will do though is loan you my 10ga carbine for some of them dillo's that keep gettin' shot . . . . . just not "shot enough". --- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jeeeeeeeze Bruce, You told me a couple of years ago when you turned 70 that you were not gonna have any more b'days.
    What I will do though is loan you my 10ga carbine for some of them dillo's that keep gettin' shot . . . . . just not "shot enough". --- SAWMAN

Well, you are correct, but I don't turn 70 until next year, so I'm good to go at 69 for giving me a belated birthday gift This Year.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Well, you are correct, but I don't turn 70 until next year, so I'm good to go at 69 for giving me a belated birthday gift This Year.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    OK My red white and blue big larry came in, I thought this was gonna be a man size light but it is a little thing, slips right in a pocket..sorta disappointed but the light is bright and does what Sawman says. Is there a 3 times bigger unit?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My units that I already have are about 1 inch in diameter and about 8 inches long.
    They are big enough to hold three "AA" batts. No bigger units that I am awhere of.
    My new ones will be here today. Will let you know the size when they come in. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Got my new lights today. They are 7.5" tall and 1.0" in diameter at top,.75" at the tube part.
    Printed on them is "NEBO" and "Big Larry".
    In the pic you can see the little tag that I peeled off of them showing the modes of operation and output for each mode.
    Funny . . . the tag sez 400L on high . . BUT . . you really do not want to look directly at the LED array. --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• 20170917_154250.jpg
      20170917_154250.jpg
      458.2 KB · Views: 122
    Top Bottom