• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hi all wondering if someone win some knowledge can educate me on the current market value of a preban Norinco 56s? I'm in talks with a guy that may want to sell his and is asking for an offer.
    Looks like a number matching rifle, threaded barrel with slant break, bayo lug, cleaning rod. Appears to be in great shape. Comes with just rifle and one chicom flat back mag.
    Been all over GB and other forums. These tend to be all over the place. Don't want to start too high or low. It's not a must have for me, I have a really nice MAK90 and this is just a preban version of that from what I understand. Opinions?

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought one not too long ago that looks 98% new and *might* have been fired. Definitely wasn't a deal but it was close by and he needed money so I decided we could help each other out. I paid $1400 cash. Hind sight being 20/20 I think I overpaid a little. Maybe not. Didn't buy to resell so I'm not too worried about it. I'm pretty sure that mine didn't originally have a slant brake on it and someone added it. Seems I remember reading from somewhere that the configuration depended on the importer. Mine is a Sile import. Had to pull mine out of the safe since I thought it was a B West import. Just couldn't remember for sure. Hope that helps

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Joe, def helps. Glad yours wasn't a B west. Read some bad stuff on them. There is a pawn shop in Tampa selling a B west Spiker for 1700 I would have been all over except it's a BWA prefix and those are the non heat treated reacivers. BWB got heat treated but BWA would oval out rivet holes in a couple hundred rounds from what I read. After the waffen werks fiasco no more rolling the dice for me lol

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Can't blame you a bit for passing on another potential nightmare. The guy I bought mine from had a spiker too but I didn't have the funds readily available to purchase it. He wanted $1800 for it. I WILL have a spiker some day along with a Valmet and a Galil. Have the Golani Sporter right now and it's cool and all but not the real deal.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Joe it that guy still has the Spiker let me know. I'm a buyer today at that price.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bummer. Guess I just gotta be patient, one will turn up sooner or later.

Top Bottom