Should I even bother?

So I have a trust and a form 1 SBR on it prior to efile going off line. I did the whole 5.56 thing and now want something hearing safe for home defense. I sold my 7.5” 5.56 upper and building an 8.5” 300blk upper and going to suppress it. Looking at the Q Half Nelson. Since it doesn’t seem there is a benefit of having a trust anymore should I even use it when I purchase my suppressor and do a form 4?

Depends really... do you have anyone that would use it with you not around? Family members/friends?

Me personally, I see no advantage to the trust anymore except to make the transition easier in the event you pass away.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

No one to use it without me. Just my wife as beneficiary and my daughters after her. I cross posted this and was reminded they would need fingerprints and pictures for all in the trust so I think I’ll just go individual.

I have mine as individual as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Technically, I think the issue would be does anyone else have access to "it" when you are not present? Even if locked in a Safe but Spouse knows combo/has key: that person has access to the NFA item..
    Wild Rider

Those that give up their guns are on a self destructive fools errand. Tyranny shall never take what it didn't provide: not by paper, not by Court and not by force.

6. Likes wildrider666's Post:

Actually I read it wrong. My wife is a co-trustee so she is able to be around the SBR without me being there. Maybe best thing is to file it under my trust to stay legal since she does have access to everything. Thanks guys for both answers.

8. Likes Jaxon1023's Post:

Should I even bother?

In my opinion, no, not in the conventional sense.
    In fact, I did my last Form 1 as a single shot trust and it was so easy that I will continue to do them that all that way.

Larry at Ammunition Sales Can set you up to have silencershop save your prints and picture, file your stamps for you. Pretty neat.
    Last edited by Dan1612; 09-10-2017 at 09:50 PM.