• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Emotions aside, as it should be in a court, if the definition of illegal is met, illegal it is

The law does have a heart - it is called Equity. When the outcome of the law seems to contradict traditional concepts of justice the court rely upon equity to achieve a more just result. These DACA folks may be an example where the law and justice demand different outcomes.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The law does have a heart - it is called Equity. When the outcome of the law seems to contradict traditional concepts of justice the court rely upon equity to achieve a more just result. These DACA folks may be an example where the law and justice demand different outcomes.

Immigration laws have been broken for so long that the law-breakers and their supporters no longer feel any remorse for breaking the law because they believe their acts are justified. They act, and are encouraged to believe by the leftists in this country, that their illegal acts are "legal" because it satisfies their personal needs and beliefs. This has continued for so long that it has become accepted behavior to many. It's referred to as shifting baseline; what is acceptable changes over time. Doesn't make it legal.

Illegals have reveled in their law-breaking to the extent they are now reproducing in this country they entered illegally and/or are using pregnancy/children as an "anchor" to stay. That anchor plucks at some people's heart strings enough they are willing to overlook law out of compassion, emotions, feels, whatever you want to call it. It's "for the children."

I understand "accidents" happen, although I don't personally accept the excuse, and that none of these kids asked to be born. Neither did I or anyone else reading this. The responsibility for every one of our births lies with our parents. Each of us was born into circumstances none of us had any control over, and we have had to deal with those legally all of our lives, or suffer the consequences of illegal acts.

Back to your equity. Lets say I see no means of ever being able to take my kids to Disney World or provide some of the other things more successful parents do. What I need is money. So, I peacefully rob a bank; knowingly break the law. I hurt and bother no one in the process, and I walk away with enough to give my kids what I always wanted to give them. Does equity and compassion apply? Will your equity absolve me in a court of law. No, because my act(s) were illegal according to the laws of this land.

If you want to change immigration law to absolve all, I wish you luck. I am not heartless, but I will not lose sight of facts due to emotions. I too want change, and enforcement of existing laws until change is brought about. Millions of illegal acts are not made right because of the sum total. Irresponsible acts of irresponsible, law-breaking parents, are what put these kids in the unfortunate situation they find themselves in. It's called life. Deal with it, or be overwhelmed by it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom