• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is about young people who grew up in America — kids who study in our schools, young adults who are starting careers, patriots who pledge allegiance to our flag,” he said. “These Dreamers are Americans in their hearts, in their minds, in every single way but one: on paper.”

Who should of gotten there USA paper when they turned 18 and not drag there feet on getting them, you snooze you miss the boat :welcome:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dreamers . . . . yeah they dream of that welfare check along with the EBT card and Medicaid.
    PLEASE Mr. President . . . send every one of them home if they are illegal. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why didn't they become legal citizens at 18, take the test & your "GOOD 2 GO"
    The parents should of applied for USA citizenship then the kids would of been granted legal status under current laws if this happen at an certain age?

DACA

This is about young people who grew up in America — kids who study in our schools, young adults who are starting careers, patriots who pledge allegiance to our flag,” he said. “These Dreamers are Americans in their hearts, in their minds, in every single way but one: on paper.”

Who should of gotten there USA paper when they turned 18 and not drag there feet on getting them, you snooze you miss the boat

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why didn't they become legal citizens at 18, take the test & your "GOOD 2 GO"

If the parents became USA citizens then the kids would of been granted legal status under current laws

DACA

Who should of gotten there USA paper when they turned 18 and not drag there feet on getting them, you snooze you miss the boat

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That which is given is devalued. I will never spend someone else's money like I spend my own. If college is free and easy, the diploma is no better than a high school diploma. An if citizenship is not earned by hard work and determination, you will have a group of people who largely(not all) take their newfound citizenship for granted. Assimilation is something our past immigrants were expected to do.

Our heritage is an important part of who we are but most importantly we put those flags down and proudly picked up the American flag. Seems things are not the same for many entitlement-minded people. I really don't know a bunch about DACA but this i have found...nearly all of Obama's policies I disliked and the opposite has been true of Trump...so far anyways. Surprisingly so actually because there were things he wasn't saying, like cutting spending, that I was concerned about.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Assimilation is something our past immigrants were expected to do.

Our heritage is an important part of who we are but most importantly we put those flags down and proudly picked up the American flag.
    Indeed, sadly we've gone from a melting pot to a salad bowl society.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    That which is given is devalued. I will never spend someone else's money like I spend my own. If college is free and easy, the diploma is no better than a high school diploma. An if citizenship is not earned by hard work and determination, you will have a group of people who largely(not all) take their newfound citizenship for granted. Assimilation is something our past immigrants were expected to do.

Our heritage is an important part of who we are but most importantly we put those flags down and proudly picked up the American flag. Seems things are not the same for many entitlement-minded people. I really don't know a bunch about DACA but this i have found...nearly all of Obama's policies I disliked and the opposite has been true of Trump...so far anyways. Surprisingly so actually because there were things he wasn't saying, like cutting spending, that I was concerned about.

everything you just said, +100

you damn skippy...on the mark deadon

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dreamers . . . . yeah they dream of that welfare check along with the EBT card and Medicaid.
    PLEASE Mr. President . . . send every one of them home if they are illegal. --- SAWMAN

like that is gonna happen, wake up, you are having a great dream, but it is a dream...

you must be a dreamer like me.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Resources spent on arresting and deporting these folks could be better spent elsewhere. Deporting folks who have lived here virtually all of their lives should be the lowest of all immigration priorities.

This young man was a hero, regardless of his country of birth. He died trying to save others from Harvey's flood waters. People like him are American by action if not by birth.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ump-plans-to-end-daca/?utm_term=.473c5b166992

This country is big enough to welcome people of his ilk.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Indeed, sadly we've gone from a melting pot to a salad bowl society.

and it is starting to look like the crappy house salad, iceberg lettuce and one slice of radish, wilted...

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    DACA is renewable every 2 years, but once they got here, the majority said What the Hell, and became illegal and undeservingly raped the benefits. Yes, they have surpassed the reaping and went straight to raping the benefits.
    What other country do you know where illegals can get Free college, medical and food, just because they are illegal? No Where but the US.
    Not until recently did NY start giving free college to US citizens, but IF you are a NY resident. Even though illegals have been getting it free forever, and pretty much everywhere.

Obama repelled the WET FOOT/DRY FOOT for Cubans.

President Trump should push harder to enact an amendment denying automatic citizenship to children born in the US by parents who are illegal in the US? Hmm, is that just wrong of me? All I'm saying is, Whats good for the goose, should be good for the gander as well.

Here's what Mexico has to say about their citizenship.... read #3.. see the word "AFTER" ?

The Mexican Constitution states that Mexicans Citizens by birth are:
    1. persons born in Mexican territory regardless of parents' nationality or immigration status in Mexico.
    2. persons born abroad of a Mexican Citizen born in Mexico.
    3. persons born to an individual after that person has become a naturalized citizen of Mexico.

I know we are the melting pot, but I think our pot has melted over.

DACA is like Piss in the wind now, your face is wet (back too), so pack your bags and go home, or get the citizenship the way it was meant to be gotten.

Now IF they (Illegals and so-called Dreamers) want to Stay, then Trump should implement a new program, something like this.

Here's my suggestion:

Anyone seeking US Citizenship, must work on the Border Wall at minimum wages (dependent on skill), pay their taxes, pay their health ins., or any/all medical bills be paid if incurred within 5yrs. The border wall work must be their primary job, a minimum of 8hrs a day, 40hrs a week, just as any other American worker. After a period of 2 documented years working on the wall, they will be able to "APPLY" for US citizenship and have priority for filing/consideration, but only if they have complied with the above requirements and in addition to having no felony or drug related charges (regardless of the courts disposition) in any other Country or the US.

Workers with over 2 years and under 5 years time of documented wall work, will be given Visas to finish out their 5 year commitment for US citizenship, working at any US job and complying with above requirements (only applicable if the wall gets finished before their 5yr commitment began). And 5 continuous years on the wall, gets your US citizenship, period.
    If there is any questionable extended absents, tardiness's (meaning you actually only worked 1yr out of 2yrs, etc), then No waivers will be granted. You must start over.

Any person who purposely derails the wall work, such as intentional shoddy work to enable person(s) to easily or with little effort to circumvent the walls purpose, or to thwart it's effectiveness to allow passage whether thru the wall, under or over it, shall be given a 30 day speedy trial. If found guilty, immediate deportation w/o further consideration for US citizenship, and such actions will be considered treason against the US. And therefore those person(s) will be forever denied citizenship. The accused will be allowed counsel, whether appointed or paid. Said counsel will only act to defend the defendants human rights and to US law, but not misconstrued for defense of the defendants action(s).

just my thoughts on it.

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I've yet to encounter any immigrants who sit on their porch all day with a palm spread for Uncle Sam.
    Illegal or not, the market gap for unskilled labor exists because it's much easier to sit on the porch than to get out on the field and earn a living. Basic economic principles transcend politics, if there's a demand, it will be met one way or another. Imagine the price of food if we put the open palmers on the job for the $15/hour that it would take to get them off the porch...

I personally would like to see a program that allows our society to benefit from the labor that we need, but also offers certain protections to the laborers, and a simplified path to citizenship after a certain amount of time and meeting certain requirements, but that's just me.
    As far as DACA, become a citizen, assimilate, contribute to society, and pay taxes, or leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Bottom line is the reason obama and the dems did this in the first place was to get more voters and guarantee obama's legacy with the hitlary beast...they could care less about the people or the kids, look at them keeping the blacks on the plantation for their vote the last 40 years....a political play period

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    No problem, Cher said that a bunch of them can live at her house.
    AND, Rahm Emanuel said that Chicago is a "no Trump" zone so they are safe.
    I say drop them both out of a helicopter over North Korea.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does anyone know how long it takes for an immigrant to become a citizen? I don't know but I when I looked it up this is what I found, you first have to get a green card - which could take 6 months to a year. Then you must live in the US for 5 years, then you can apply for citizenship - which takes a minimum of a year. So seven years starting at age 18. I think the big hurdle for many of these DACA recipients is the green card requirement. They are not here legally so they cannot get a green card to start the process. It seems to me that given the fairly stringent requirement to obtain DACA status, we could find away around the green card issue and fast track them to citizenship.

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Does anyone know how long it takes for an immigrant to become a citizen? I don't know but I when I looked it up this is what I found, you first have to get a green card - which could take 6 months to a year. Then you must live in the US for 5 years, then you can apply for citizenship - which takes a minimum of a year. So seven years starting at age 18. I think the big hurdle for many of these DACA recipients is the green card requirement. They are not here legally so they cannot get a green card to start the process. It seems to me that given the fairly stringent requirement to obtain DACA status, we could find away around the green card issue and fast track them to citizenship.

I was routinely abused by USCIS in the process to get my wifes Visa, RA card, SSN, & CN & we did everything by the book..5 year process to get naturalized..... I have no sympathy for illegals regarding the burden of coming to America legally.... and they don't get bumped to the front of the line..

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I was routinely abused by USCIS in the process to get my wifes Visa, RA card, SSN, & CN & we did everything by the book..5 year process to get naturalized..... I have no sympathy for illegals regarding the burden of coming to America legally.... and they don't get bumped to the front of the line..

Took us 14 monthes from picking up the paperwork to her getting the card. Being active duty military helped, waived the w2 audits(which we provided anyways), free legal council(profread the application) and they waived the period she would be dependent on me, the agent conducting the interview said"it's obvious you guys are not married for a green card". keep in mind my wife was coming from Japan, and as I said I was active duty.
    If I remember correctly you can apply at 5 years for citizenship, but I remember that's to jump start the process and won't be granted until after 7 years. That's how I remember it, so I may well be wrong, we were both a little preoccupied that the time and money spent had finally paid off.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Emotions aside, as it should be in a court, if the definition of illegal is met, illegal it is. I don't deny anyone the chance at a better life if they are willing to come here, assimilate into our nation, and become an American. I oppose anyone who comes here and demands our entire nation change to be more like where they came from. I would also be willing to trade and expel one low-life, EBT-slingin', professional welfare recipient for one immigrant who really wants to be an American. There's my solution.

Top Bottom