• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    AND - - - > Schools were closed in our area yesterday and will be closed on Monday. Why ?? The gov's plan is to use the schools for shelters for the people evacuating the southern part of the state.
    While I find it most likely the "right" thing to do,wondering how it will impact us. I live fairly close to Tate and Ransom. If these schools fill up with evacuees I WILL have security concerns in my neighborhood and with my property.
    People should be finding out if the schools in their areas are being planned to be used in this way,and take proper precautions. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    AND - - - > Schools were closed in our area yesterday and will be closed on Monday. Why ?? The gov's plan is to use the schools for shelters for the people evacuating the southern part of the state.
    While I find it most likely the "right" thing to do,wondering how it will impact us. I live fairly close to Tate and Ransom. If these schools fill up with evacuees I WILL have security concerns in my neighborhood and with my property.
    People should be finding out if the schools in their areas are being planned to be used in this way,and take proper precautions. --- SAWMAN
    Surely not as bad as the Katrina folks from New Orleans. I was at school in Tuscaloosa then. People were getting jumped and mugged all the time on campus. You basically had to walk in large groups at night.

Looks like Irmas turn north is scheduled for this afternoon. So I guess I'll get the new motorcycle out and go for a ride since the weather is so nice.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

The governor closed all public schools and state colleges, as well as lifted tolls on roads, our area just happens to be in Florida so our schools and bridges got included.
    I would suspect the reason why is the entire peninsula is looking to be affected, and it's easier just to issue state wide orders to help evacuation efforts as apposed to singling out affect counties.

I truely doubt any local schools will be used as shelters, since so far they will only be closed through Monday.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    One school in Crestview was opened as a shelter as of 16:00 yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    This AM at Denny's on 9Mile Rd. and Home Depot in back,there were a whole bunch of "new faces" around.
    Point is - - > IMO there are evacuees from ?? in our area already. Couple of the RV parks are completely full also.
    Watch out for your neighbors and hopefully,they will watch out for you.
    Get together with your neighbors and get something established as in my post #45. Strength in numbers gentlemen. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The turn that was forecast to happen last night didn't occur. Still forecasting Irma to turn but no turn yet
    Keep an eye on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Marco Island is gonna get walloped.

Anna Marie Island too. There's probably $200 million of yachts on that one.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    DSP, I ended giving them totes to a farmer friend of mine. He uses them to water his critters in the back pastures.
    Wal Mart grocery at Pine Forrest and 9 Mile was still out of gals of water but had several pallets of the more expensive bottled stuff. They where also out of paper plates. Hey . . . . just as long as they have coffee for my Kurig all is good.
    Batteries most everywhere are at a premium.
    If it destroys the Snook Inn on Marco,i'm gonna be pissed. Got a buddy with a really nice boat(and no traiter) at Port of the Islands Marina, just outta Naples. Wondering where he will take his boat ?? --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If it destroys the Snook Inn on Marco,i'm gonna be pissed. Got a buddy with a really nice boat(and no traiter) at Port of the Islands Marina, just outta Naples. Wondering where he will take his boat ?? --- SAWMAN

Any marina with a travel lift can haul and block them, but unless they have some high ground, storm surge can still be a problem. Better then being in the water though.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    live cams, switches between 4 views in key west

Last edited:

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    People still out and about in Key West. The dude sitting in front of the far left door just decided to lay down.

SJB.jpg

SJB1.jpg

Attachments

• SJB1.jpg
      SJB1.jpg
      53.7 KB · Views: 252
    • SJB.jpg
      SJB.jpg
      55.6 KB · Views: 256

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Should make landfall within the next hour.

avn-l.jpg

Attachments

• avn-l.jpg
      avn-l.jpg
      122.4 KB · Views: 178
    Top Bottom