• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bac3996

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone know where I can go fill some sand bags around the Ensley area. Been told they frown on that out by the beach.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Wanna be ballers, shot callers, brawlers
    Who be dippin' in the Benz with the spoilers...

Too early to tell, really.

Last edited:

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone know where I can go fill some sand bags around the Ensley area. Been told they frown on that out by the beach.

If I was nearby.... I've got a crap load of fill dirt that used to be my back yard, now that my builder understands the direction yards are supposed to slope.

yard.jpg

Attachments

• yard.jpg
      yard.jpg
      692.2 KB · Views: 213

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My local Wally was packed with shoppers. I'm not sure tere was much concern about Irma. Saw several carts with a single case of water, hope they are just topping off. I loaded 10 cases (32×17oz bottles in each). Heard a few folks say "We better get more water" as I passed them.

Lowes has stocked those soft plastic water containers you lay/fill in the tub. I've used Heavy Duty leaf bags (doubled) set three side by side. Fill equally and tie off. Seal your charcoal in bags too. Consider bagging your cloths and anything else you want protected.

I've got 3/4 plywood covers for all windows/ doors I'll put up thur/fri. Need to bring ax, hatchet, hammer and heavy wire cutters into the house. Need to gas and test run generator then put it up on the work bench I'll bag/seal it also. Back to work.

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Hopefully we'll get lucky and it will stay out of the gulf. Water temp is up and it will definitely gain strength if it does. Hate to be in its' path if it does!

Anyone have any other tips or advice for being prepared? We've got extra food for all the dogs. Plenty of batteries, nonperishables, extra gas cans that are filled...
    We don't have a generator or a grill. They're on the WTB list but our priority has been trying to make double payments on the house to pay down the principle. Not on hurricane preparation. Go figure...

Coleman Stoves are also good to have. You might find some on Craigslist.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The PANIC has set in. As bad as the .22 ammo shortage. Pace Walmart - No Water, No Flashlights, No batteries. Had a mile long water line this morning wrapping thru the store.
    Pace Lowes, no water, out this morning. Low amount of charcoal. Gas lines everywhere.
    Pace Walmart Ammo case Full. I guess no one wants to defend their property from looters?

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I never understood why flashlights fly off the shelves. Do people not own a flashlight in normal times ?

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We always have 4-5 weeks of food on hand so I just went and got fresh gas for the generator and called it good. We live 40 miles north of the coast so the rivers flooding and tornadoes are our larger worry.
    Glad we just had a new roof put on two weeks ago. :boink:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Someone please clue me in to this "go buy bottled water" thing.
    Possibility of storm + clean empty container + faucet with water available now ='s - - -> hold container under running water . . fill container . . set aside for storm . . . am I missing something ?? --- SAWMAN

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Possibility of storm + clean empty container + faucet with water available now ='s - - -> hold container under running water . . fill container . . set aside for storm . . . am I missing something ?? --- SAWMAN
    This right here would blow some people's minds... it's crazy, no bottled water anywhere.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I buy iced tea in gallon jugs and when I'm done will usually rinse them out and put away. Though I have cases of bottled water, I figured these jugs might come in handy one day too and I'll be filling them should the storm head our way.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah,I get purified water for the health of my Kurig coffee machine in gallon bottles. I got a bunch saved. --- SAWMAN

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Few things to add. Buckets and barrels of water are good to tie to things such as aluminum patios to maybe help keep them from taking flight. Also every generator owner should have at least one oil change worth of oil on hand for extended outage. I have been meaning to buy some quick clot gauze for a while and just ordered some from Amazon. If something happens in the middle of a storm you may bleed out before help arrives.

lees way2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I bet splittine as already thought of that,just aint posted yet. Oh yea if ya stay ready ya dont have to get ready.

Top Bottom