• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm trying to get more information about a gun I picked up a while back. I bought a CZ 75 Cold War Commemorative model and I'm trying to figure out if mine is part of the 1 of 1,000 or not. Mine has the round trigger guard, Cyrillic writing and the star, hammer and sickle are red. Serial begins with CCP... I've seen these models have the squared front trigger guard and some don't have the red paint or the CCP as the first part of the serial number. Just trying to get a straight answer and I haven't been able to find it via google. Maybe I'm just not using the right search query. Any help is appreciated! Thanks, Joe

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Upon further searching using different terms I think I answered my own question. For those that one of these, the initial run of 999 had a squared trigger guard and no red paint. The second run had the rounded trigger guard and red paint of which about 100 didn't have the CCCP prefix serial. Not 100% sure on how accurate this is but that's the best info I've seen thus far...

Thanks for the reply 76251. That is definitely what I have.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I bought a CZ75 when I was in Germany in about 1988. At the time they were kind of legendary over here because they were not available. People went nuts for them. I was in a gunshop here a couple of years after I bought it and the owner offered me $600 for it. That was a chunk of change in 1990.
    I was looking at GB a couple of years ago and saw one just like mine with an asking price of $1700.
    I contacted the seller and he claimed the older ones without import marks were worth that.
    Whether that is true or not, I don't know.

Bamajoey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Very few people that own a CZ are unhappy with it. I have a 75 SP01 Tactical that would be the last handgun I would part with. It's a little too heavy to carry, but it makes an excellent range, and home defense gun. CZ also makes great rimfire rifles. I have several that put my 10/22's to shame.

Top Bottom