• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Has anyone installed one and if so what do you think of it. I've almost talked myself into buying one and trying it out now that they can be had for $200. I like the idea of a piston system keeping gas out of the bolt and carrier but is it as reliable as DI
    JoeBobs has a mid-length kit for $199.95 while MidWay has the same kit for $197.99

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Adams-Arms-Mid-Length-Piston-Kit-p/adams-mps-d-ada.htm

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...-conversion-kit-ar-15-750-picatinny-gas-block

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have no personal experience with one, but from all my reading, it would make a rifle more reliable. Report back if you pull the trigger!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I have it on a 7.5" pistol upper. I actually ordered the complete upper from adams. It has been absolutely flawless. No carbon build up in the receiver, and the receiver and bolt stay much cooler. You can actually run a string of fire and pull the bolt out by bare hand after. All the gas and carbon build up are in the piston cup which is pretty self cleaning as it cycles. I want to get the kit for my carbine too

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I've put together some sbr uppers with them. Their adjustable gas block works well with a suppressor. Keep in mind you may need to monkey with the buffer/spring/gas port to get it to run. That's all dependent on your current setup. I had a 5.45 that was a little under gassed with it. It runs great now.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If you want to play with one come up and bring some ammo, As Nate said may have to play with the buffer and sping and gas , there is also some other things that can come in to play, it seems to have more recoil, have had first and sec. rd FF to eject , the piston was carbon up, there some other issue that can come up, was not worth the money, have never had my bolt burn me, but I'm not in combat, firing hundred' of rds in 30 min.s. Remember the bolt on a AR was not design to be pushed from the top. Like AK's. Just buy some ammo. Just my 5 cents jj

Top Bottom