• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hi all,
    I am looking for a guy with AK experience to change out my crappy waffen werks receiver and put the parts on a Childers receiver. I will source the receiver since when you order them they can make the SN whatever you want which I thought would be cool to throw in an old Army outfit I was fortunate enough to serve with.
    It dont matter to me if you work in your kitchen or have a brick and mortar shop, just looking for a guy that knows his stuff. Its simply a receiver swap.
    If your are the man please PM me with your price and turn around time and hopefully we can do business.
    Thank you.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bump. Can anyone recommend a gunsmith that knows what he is doing with AK rifles? I had a guy quote me $150 for what I need to get done but unfortunately he is a very long drive.
    Basically I need a Bulgarian parts kit assembled on a fresh morrissey receiver. I got to get a rivet kit but other than that it should not be more than a couple hour job. Barrel and trunnion are already headspaced. Basically just need trunnion rivet holes drilled front and rear. Then just rivet and press it all up.
    If you guys know any shops from Crestview to Pcola that are good please recommend.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Phil at Jays is the best gunsmith in the area IMO.
    I despise their shop and the morons running the counters, but when I need something done properly, that's where I go. You will have to wait though.
    If he doesn't do AKs, you might as well ship it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Dan, I called there and they said they couldn't do it. I may just bite the bullet and buy the toth tools and knock it out myself. Its pretty straight forward just need the rivet tool and a press. I guess I rather do it myself to make sure the sights etc are straight anyway. Maybe someday parts kits will be plentyful again. Once Africa starts getting widespread lethal aid in the form of small arms maybe we can get all their demilled AK rifles. Talk about needing a new barrel anyway lol.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Parts kit prices have SOARED. WOW!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom