• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hi all. Came across a Colt LE6920 with the "Restricted Law enforcement/Military only" on the ejection side of the lower receiver. Guy wanted well in excess of 1k for it used. Is there a collectors value to having that rollmark as opposed to the new 6920s that don't have it? Just curious

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    On one hand there is a "used" dated build (pro/con) and what some consider a tacticool marking. Then we have "new" mfg with current tech standard upgrades for less money. I'd buy new.

All MIL, GOV, LE Restricted, only, export Rollmarks were discontinued in 2011. Three or four with slight changes in the wording. I think there is a crap load of them out there and more actual LE trade-ins coming to market often. When you consider the qty pushed out of the production line over those years: they are not rare. Colt quit selling them for Civ use in 1989 of their own accord, then resumed a year later. Then the Ban hit in 94 that mandated the restriction and markings. A Pre Ban Colt can in equal condition probably has a higher Market Value across the U.S. then a MIL/GOV/LE marked model. As Colt went through bad times quality and sales suffered and Colt transitioned the company and it actual changed Mfg name on that roll mark a least four times.

New AR prices are extremely low including some Colt versions. Note: not all Colt ARs are assembled at the Colt Plant or with the same parts but still have the same Colt address. There is a excellent vid on line comparing two "Colt" ARs that is worth warching.

ALL IN MY NON EXPERT OPINION.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It wouldn't make any difference to me, I have one with it but don't think I'd pay more to get the roll mark.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I think the restricted markings mean more to the person trying to sell than the person looking to buy. I wouldn't pay any more for one than any used Colt.
    And new ARs are so cheap right now, you can get one cheaper than people want for used.
    I paid $755 for a new Colt 6920 Magpul edition about a month ago.

Top Bottom