• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I may be flying to Central Florida in September for a match. I have never tried to fly with my gear. Can someone give me some best practices? I know I can check the airlines site, but they just give me the rules, not the best way to follow them and not have nine bags to check. Thanks, Russ

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I'll tell ya Russ,seems to me that after the airline fare,checking bags at $25 per pop or so,the TSA feel up,etc,etc . . . it would almost be better/cheaper to rent a vech and drive down. Especially if you could split the cost with another competitor. --- SAWMAN

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    I may be flying to Central Florida in September for a match. I have never tried to fly with my gear. Can someone give me some best practices? I know I can check the airlines site, but they just give me the rules, not the best way to follow them and not have nine bags to check. Thanks, Russ

What match are you going to Russ?

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll tell ya Russ,seems to me that after the airline fare,checking bags at $25 per pop or so,the TSA feel up,etc,etc . . . it would almost be better/cheaper to rent a vech and drive down. Especially if you could split the cost with another competitor. --- SAWMAN

You could also FEDEX them prior to flying down. We used o do that with our surf boards when they started charging an arm and a leg to check them.

Top Bottom