• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well JJ was brave enough to make the about 18 hour drive to the land of moving targets with me. We started Monday the 21st day of August 2017 on 30,000 acre's near Plains Texas, then 60,000 acre's in New Mexico the next day. It was the most fun vacation I have ever had. We shot and unreal amount of Prairie dogs the first day, well over 200. Basically ran 3 guns with 2 shooters and 2 spotters at a time. (4 guys) Shots closer than 150 yards were mainly taken with my BADASS CMR30 22mag, JJ is now a believer and will advise anyone on my recommendation to buy one. He can also witness I was out shooting a guy with $6000 in a 6.5 Grendel suppressed at 200 plus yards with CMR30. JJ exterminated many at 500 plus yards with the 22-250 bolt gun he owns. Majority of the shooting was don't with JJ's comp AR15 bull barrels. I was most impressed with the Millet LRS scope over all even with some Nightforce scopes on site and my Leupold VX6. I will do it again hopefully no less than once a year. We learned a whole lot and our next trip will be even better! JJ truly deserves his screen name "ONESHOT". He is also the most knowledgeable person I have even met.

Attachments

• Praire Stanley trailer.jpg
      Praire Stanley trailer.jpg
      120.8 KB · Views: 378
    • Prairie JJ face UTV.jpg
      Prairie JJ face UTV.jpg
      67.6 KB · Views: 274
    • Praire JJ Hill.jpg
      Praire JJ Hill.jpg
      140.7 KB · Views: 290
    • Praire windmill far.jpg
      Praire windmill far.jpg
      66.4 KB · Views: 270
    • Prairie Nick dogs.jpg
      Prairie Nick dogs.jpg
      154.7 KB · Views: 296
    • Prairie Selfie UTV.jpg
      Prairie Selfie UTV.jpg
      71.8 KB · Views: 296
    • Prairie JJ trailer back.jpg
      Prairie JJ trailer back.jpg
      109.6 KB · Views: 277
    • Praire JJ trailer front.jpg
      Praire JJ trailer front.jpg
      101.2 KB · Views: 274
    • Prairei JJ trailer left front.jpg
      Prairei JJ trailer left front.jpg
      104.4 KB · Views: 290
    • Praire windmill close.jpg
      Praire windmill close.jpg
      70 KB · Views: 275
    • Praire beer dog.jpg
      Praire beer dog.jpg
      154.9 KB · Views: 280

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I bet the prairie dogs that got hit with the expensive Grendel rifle were deader though.

Sounds like a fun trip!!

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yes I put my life in Stanley.s hands, and went with him, He drove all the way, I just keep him alive , and yes was very impressed with his CMR30 saw shots made with it that I didn't believe it would do. Hurt the guy with the 6.5 feeling , he keep bragging on his high dollar build, I told him it was bad that a cheap Kel=Tec was out shooting his rifle. We didn't shoot the beer can, it shot by the land owner's hot girl friend. with one of my AR's, at a 100 yds when we went down to check the can it was laying in that position by the prairie dog . This was my first time, learn a lot, had a good time, want to thank Stanley for asking me to go. Just my 10 cents jj

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dang it hadda been fun. So tell me, do ground rats taste anything like a tree rat? You do eat what you kill don't you? :noidea:

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dang it hadda been fun. So tell me, do ground rats taste anything like a tree rat? You do eat what you kill don't you? :noidea:

Cant eat them or touch them even "ZEROED in". They carry many diseases worst of which the Black Plague. They are a huge problem for farmers and land owners. They eat near what a cow does plus make holes the cattle break ankles and legs in. They are a pest and a destruct abot. The coyote's would eat them in less than an hour of us moving to next spot. Lots of land out there but only so much grass that has the proper nutrients the cows need. So it takes way more land per cow. Hope this helps explain why they are killed and not eaten by humans.

Last edited:

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Very nice! On my bucket list for sure. Damn JJ that takes balls getting in a vehicle with Stanley

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Man that's awesome! Congrats on a great trip fellas! I'm sure the conversations were just as much fun and crazy as the shooting.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Would like to say it was a really great trip , for 5 guys all of different ages and back ground, to get along, and help each other, the only thing we had in common was we like to shoot. The land owner was a great host, what happens in Texas stay's in Texas. We did shoot a lot of BS. I did save 31 cents on bottle of shampoo. Just my 10 cents jj

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Would like to say it was a really great trip , for 5 guys all of different ages and back ground, to get along, and help each other, the only thing we had in common was we like to shoot. The land owner was a great host, what happens in Texas stay's in Texas. We did shoot a lot of BS. I did save 31 cents on bottle of shampoo. Just my 10 cents jj

What he means by saying he saved 31 cents is he almost shot a dot Indian over less money than a bullet costs. Hahahahahahhahahah

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Maybe I should explain, got a bottle of shampoo off the shelf, was marked 1.69 and had 1.69 on the shelf, took it to the counter, he removed the 1.69 in front of me and showed me a 1.99 on the other side, I told him that wasn't going to happen, was only going to pay 1.69 or he could put it back, I would go some where else and pay more before I would pay him, I would only pay 1-69 plus tax. As I was leaving he agreed to my terms . Just my 10 cents jj

DaBreeze

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's great. Bet that was a lot of fun. Should have taken at least 1 dog with the 50bmg.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Red mist, airborn carnage and providing a service. Works for me! Thanks for sharing. Those dogs are omnivors, survivors will eat the dead along with yotes, hawks, buzzards and crow. Nature recycles!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Glad that I didn't go. jj and I would not get along because he can shoot better than me.
    NOW . . Stanley . . . . . we would be best buds. --- SAWMAN

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glad that I didn't go. jj and I would not get along because he can shoot better than me.
    NOW . . Stanley . . . . . we would be best buds. --- SAWMAN

You would be saying that after seeing me cut heads with the Ole 22mag at 200 plus yards when It was sighted in at 100 yards. My hold over skills are KILLER!

Attachments

• Prairie dog.jpg
      Prairie dog.jpg
      6.2 KB · Views: 150

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    You damn near got me talked into one of them CMR's,you know.
    What is your assessment of it now that you have owned it for awhile. (In 25 words or less please.) --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom