• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    You damn near got me talked into one of them CMR's,you know.
    What is your assessment of it now that you have owned it for awhile. (In 25 words or less please.) --- SAWMAN

I think Stanley would give up his .50bmg before he would give the CMR up

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah,just scanned a few sites and all out of stock.
    The gun buying world must have got word that Stanley likes his CMR. I believe that he owns two of them also. He will be puttin' up some "you snooze,you loose" shit fairly quickly I suspect. --- SAWMAN

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The land owner tried to buy Stan's on the spot, after shooting it, for his son and hot girl friend ,( wish I had got a pict,) Stn turn him down, and I think he would sale the 50 before the cmr Just my 5 cents jj

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You damn near got me talked into one of them CMR's,you know.
    What is your assessment of it now that you have owned it for awhile. (In 25 words or less please.) --- SAWMAN

Assessment is that it is worth paying over MSRP even for a used one. We put over 600 rounds through it between practice and hunting and 5 different shooters in a week and never had a jam. And did NOT clean it I repeat did NOT clean the gun. (FYi they will NOT cycle 30gr ammo). Both mine are great and yes the 50BMG would go before them since they have a practical use, sadly. Also you can only load 25 rounds in a 30 round mag for a reliable feed all the way through.

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The land owner tried to buy Stan's on the spot, after shooting it, for his son and hot girl friend ,( wish I had got a pict,) Stn turn him down, and I think he would sale the 50 before the cmr Just my 5 cents jj

Yea he was willing to pay retail for the gun and Leupold VX6 3x18-44mm but mine are Davison Edition and 25 year special editions. So its hard to get a regular factory black one and even more retarted to get the grey cercoated. My kids will have mine when I die- Sorry not Sorry

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Assessment is that it is worth paying over MSRP even for a used one. We put over 600 rounds through it between practice and hunting and 5 different shooters in a week and never had a jam. And did NOT clean it I repeat did NOT clean the gun. (FYi they will NOT cycle 30gr ammo). Both mine are great and yes the 50BMG would go before them since they have a practical use, sadly. Also you can only load 25 rounds in a 30 round mag for a reliable feed all the way through.

And before you get sideways - Yes there were an ungodly amount of shots taken mainly because the farmer/land owner has a degradation permit to shoot rabbits and other grass eating animals also but did not post those pics cause some people get bent out of shape about not harvesting an eatable animal. Jack rabbits and regular rabbits not in season so per permit cant harvest them but I know I killed 50 bunnies easily. Fine I said it im a Bunny Killer

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think Stanley would give up his .50bmg before he would give the CMR up

The CMR30 is for sure the #1 choice if I had to walk around and move a lot for a Zombie apocalypse

Attachments

• CMR30 VX6 open.jpg
      CMR30 VX6 open.jpg
      139 KB · Views: 235
    • CMR30 VX6 closed.jpg
      CMR30 VX6 closed.jpg
      114.1 KB · Views: 203

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah,well,I do not want one of them pimp guns you got there anyway. Manly black is the way to go. Betcha jj refused to shoot it.
    "Problem" is . . . if I got a CMR,I would have to get a PMR also. (in black)
    Do you find the stock solid enough ?? --- SAWMAN

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah,well,I do not want one of them pimp guns you got there anyway. Manly black is the way to go. Betcha jj refused to shoot it.
    "Problem" is . . . if I got a CMR,I would have to get a PMR also. (in black)
    Do you find the stock solid enough ?? --- SAWMAN

Buddy the stock is strong. I bounced it around on ATV and side by side. Was shooting while UTV was moving. Dropped it many times. Did everything except clean it!

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    See Frank, if you would have let Stan and I go hog hunting with when we asked you way back in the beginning, I am certain he would have asked you to go dog huntin with him and jj.
    Really though, I've always heard of the disease thing and wondered how it is passed, I would be kind of freaked out just being around so much of it , the splatter and spray in the air and blood and fesses on the ground ?? I notice you shot from a trailer, is that so you don't have to get on the ground, or just a nice addition to the shoot? I think a trip like that is on every shooter / hunter's bucket list. Glad y'all had a blast and got back safe - ty second!

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    See Frank, if you would have let Stan and I go hog hunting with when we asked you way back in the beginning, I am certain he would have asked you to go dog huntin with him and jj.
    Really though, I've always heard of the disease thing and wondered how it is passed, I would be kind of freaked out just being around so much of it , the splatter and spray in the air and blood and fesses on the ground ?? I notice you shot from a trailer, is that so you don't have to get on the ground, or just a nice addition to the shoot? I think a trip like that is on every shooter / hunter's bucket list. Glad y'all had a blast and got back safe - ty second!

I figure the plague is the least of my worries ahaha. No but for real the trailer was for mobility to move to next spot to let each spot have a break so it did not get to dormant, yet not have to pack up the world every move. Also served as giving elevation for better view on this flat ground. For sure trip of a life time but also one of the cheapest vacations I have done.

Top Bottom