• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockoma87

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just bought a new upper from CBC industries and it fit a little loose on my bushmaster lower. The rock river upper I had on there fit firm with absolutely no play. I'm very new to the AR platform so any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is simply that much variance between manufacturers, although one would think the higher ends names would be a bit better. I don't think CBC falls in this category.

In any event most people just dont worry about it, because it doesn't affect much. If it does annoy you though, this is this product for that problem:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Accu-Wedge-22-223-5-56-mm-Pack-of-5-/141924368647

Capture.JPG

If you do go this route and cant figure out the installation, just YouTube it, or shout back. They usually need to be trimmed to fit.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
      Capture.JPG
      97.6 KB · Views: 168

Glockoma87

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Excellent. It doesn't really bother me I just mainly wanted to make sure it was safe. Thank you very much for the help!

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Typically, Rock River Arms receivers fit very tight. They have for years. There is quite a variation in the fitment of other receivers on the market. Even though several companies may use the same forgings as some others, how they are machined and finished/coated makes the difference in fitment. As far as CBC Industries goes, I have no idea where they acquire their upper receivers or if they are finished when they get them or if they buy the forgings and do the machining and finishing themselves, which I doubt they do. Personally, I would never buy any upper assembly from CBC Industries. Most of their stuff is of unknown quality and origin. I hope that you have good luck with yours.

Top Bottom