• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just got the email today, here is the screen shots of the email.

53e5bbe10786ad5eedfc3a5113d8ad9b.jpg

56d874ae9a259fc36c9490695ef956ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Wow, 20 design changes from the Gen 4.

I doubt that more that a handful of them are significant/meaningful.

It's a 2 pin design, which apparently is supposed to make the trigger better. No finger grooves. Different barrel rifling. Slightly different slide profile (front looks similar to G26/27). Ambidextrous slide stop (significant to lefties).

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It's about time. I have been waiting patiently. Best Glock design yet.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My Glocks are all G3's. They have all the features that I like.
    I feel that if Glock strays away from the G2 and G3 features too far,they will be cutting their own throat. If they add any kind of safety especially. I hear there is a big call for the G3 over the G4 even.
    I most likely ought to pick up a 10mm MOS while they are still available. --- SAWMAN

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My Glocks are all G3's. They have all the features that I like.
    I feel that if Glock strays away from the G2 and G3 features too far,they will be cutting their own throat. If they add any kind of safety especially. I hear there is a big call for the G3 over the G4 even.
    I most likely ought to pick up a 10mm MOS while they are still available. --- SAWMAN

I prefer the Gen 3's also. Most of my Glocks are Gen 3's...

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I like it, my main gripe for years has been the finger grooves. I'm glad they finally addressed that.
    I would've liked to see FCS on it simply because I'd think they'd put everything on it they possibly could to make it as good as possible.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will own a 19 once the hype fades away and a 26 when they come out. Ive owned multiple glocks of every generation , almost all 9mm, and always wished theyd come out with a gen 1/2 fingerless groove frame with the gen 4 texture. If they came out with a no finger groove model with the RTF frame texture, Id sell every other glock that I own and switch to that.

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    great upgrades from the previous generation. drop safety plunger is nice. tapered front of slide makes the gun less brick-like. competition shooters will love the flared magwell. SSP/Production legal. I can see a lot of $300 previous gen Glocks in the classifieds.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone know of a local place taking Blue Label preorders?

Only places I know of near fwb/Crestview is Jimmys pawn in fwb and recently saw that AA Tactical in Crestview started doing blue label. I'll talk to Andrew at AA and see if they are preordering yet. If he can I am sure he is already doing so.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Red, carefull with all that "blue label" stuff.
    My findings are - - -> the mil/LEO discount is different than a simple blue label buy. There were several shops around that claimed to be a mil/LEO discount dealer that were not.
    As much as I remember,Jimmy's is the only one in NE Fla. There is one over in Ala also.
    Any question to what a mil/LEO discount really is . . . call Glock. They will flat out tell you what you should be charged. It is absolutely different than some of these "blue label" discounts floating around.
    If you are a member of GSSF,that is another great discount. --- SAWMAN

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Red, carefull with all that "blue label" stuff.
    My findings are - - -> the mil/LEO discount is different than a simple blue label buy. There were several shops around that claimed to be a mil/LEO discount dealer that were not.
    As much as I remember,Jimmy's is the only one in NE Fla. There is one over in Ala also.
    Any question to what a mil/LEO discount really is . . . call Glock. They will flat out tell you what you should be charged. It is absolutely different than some of these "blue label" discounts floating around.
    If you are a member of GSSF,that is another great discount. --- SAWMAN
    Thanks for the heads up Sawman. Last blue label buy I did was at jimmys and the next one will be too probably. I just like their store a lot. AA kinda turned me off when they were doing FFL transfers for $20 then jumped up to $40 for whatever reason so I kinda stopped going there for anything. They went back to $30 I think for FFL transfers, not sure why, don't really care, I use another local shop that charges $20 for all my FFL needs. I am going to check their mil pricing though and see if it's the same as jimmys. I have the actual price list from Glock somewhere on my computer. If they jive then great, one more place to buy inexpensive Glocks. CZalso has a decent Le/mil program that is a bit more involved than Glocks where you have to use a .mil or .gov email and register, receive a cust ID number then order direct from CZ and ship to FFL of choice. Their prices are also very reasonable if your a CZ fan.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Actually,Jimmy's has a LEO/mil discount on Sig's and another brand also.
    Now - - -> this discount ONLY applies to active duty or retired military unless anything has changed. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Just watched thst vid in post #12.
    There is NOTHING new about the Gen5 that would make me want one. I will keep my eyes open for some Gen3's or possibly a MOS. --- SAWMAN

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Waiting to get some good deals on a Gen 3 or two

Top Bottom