• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't understand why Glock isn't including the forward cocking serrations on the slide or the metal sights. I figured they would be included on the latest generation. Rather have a Sig 320 or P10c... I actually like the finger grooves too.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I was told at one point why no fwd cocking serrations.
    The only two Glock endorsed meathods of cocking the gun are: 1. Overhand . . . and Glock wants you to make sure your hand stays aft on the slide and away from the muzzle . . . . . and 2. the slingshot meathod. In both cases,that is why the serrations are aft on the slide.
    Personally,I would rather have the "fish gills" aft. Works mo-bedda . . but fuglie . . ---- SAWMAN

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fish gill slides look cool to me, but I've read that they don't work that well for their intended purpose. I've never owned a Glock with them so I don't have first hand experience. It's just weird that the majority of other pistol manufacturers have serrations on the slide and Glock isn't following suit. Or did so for a short time, not sure if they're continuing to produce the Gen4 with the forward serrations or not.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Gen 5 Glock 17 & 19 Available August 30th

Just to string you along...
    Is a woman in charge? Lol!

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Last edited:

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm ordering a G17 as soon as they are available. Hopefully they won't have any bugs to work out, I guess I will take a chance on that.

Last edited:

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just watched thst vid in post #12.
    There is NOTHING new about the Gen5 that would make me want one. I will keep my eyes open for some Gen3's or possibly a MOS. --- SAWMAN

Check out that barrel again...
    Marlin-style button-rifled.
    Should reduce groups at least 1/2" from the average person's usual.

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Anyone know of a local place taking Blue Label preorders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got my G5 G19 from Enforcement Firearms at Defuniak Springs. I like it! a few things I noticed are, the lack of finger grooves actually helps with the "Glock Knuckle" as your fingers are free-er. not only is the flared magwell fast, it also has a good feel to it. it fills the bottom part of my hands. the wider and deeper rear sight notch is good. faster to acquire the front sight. Trigger is better out of the box and will get better with more use. the beveled front of slide makes a big difference in aesthetics (IMO). The front strap cutout for magazine stripping plus the redesigned magazine base pad is very effective in its intended purpose. I have not shot it yet so no comment on accuracy. I did noticed from handling both G17 and G19 that the G17 has a tighter slide to frame fit and almost no slide movement when the striker drops. the G19 is looser and I see the rear of the slide dips when staging the trigger. just my observation. I do plan on leaving it in factory configuration and I look forward to shooting it ALOT

Last edited:

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just got my G5 G19 from Enforcement Firearms at Defuniak Springs. I like it! a few things I noticed are, the lack of finger grooves actually helps with the "Glock Knuckle" as your fingers are free-er. not only is the flared magwell fast, it also has a good feel to it. it fills the bottom part of my hands. the wider and deeper rear sight notch is good. faster to acquire the front sight. Trigger is better out of the box and will get better with more use. the beveled front of slide makes a big difference in aesthetics (IMO). The front strap cutout for magazine stripping plus the redesigned magazine base pad is very effective in its intended purpose. I have not shot it yet so no comment on accuracy. I did noticed from handling both G17 and G19 that the G17 has a tighter slide to frame fit and almost no slide movement when the striker drops. the G19 is looser and I see the rear of the slide dips when staging the trigger. just my observation. I do plan on leaving it in factory configuration and I look forward to shooting it ALOT

Can you take off one of the slide stop to make it one sided. That's the only thing I don't like about the gen5.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Can you take off one of the slide stop to make it one sided. That's the only thing I don't like about the gen5.
    Nope, it's a single piece. I didn't think I would like it, but it honestly doesn't seem to get in the way.
    cad16b4e9b2a579f95ade49ed40ebde2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ok it just seem like it would get in the way of my fat hand.
    I tend to have a really high grip. So much so that I can rarely use frame mounted ambi safeties. But this slide stop hasn't gotten in the way yet. I plan to put many more rounds through it in the coming weeks, so I'll let you know if anything changes.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok ill keep checking. Cause I want a 17 for Xmas or my birthday.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good on Glock for innovating and incorporating some changes. Time and round counts will tell if they are worth it. Remember the brass to face issues with the Gen4 G19s? I will likely pick up a Gen5 just cause the LE/MIL discount, but I will wait a while in case there are kinks to work out. I doubt I will fire it much if any. Will never buy a Sig firearm again, just my opinion. Personally I am still on the look out for a Gen2 G19. Most reliable pistol I have had to pleasure to work with has been a HK USP. Over the beach, mud, dirt, water, whatever I put that thing in, it still ran every round. Not saying I am a fanboy just been my experience with them.

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't see the innovation in the Gen5 at all. To me, the FS model from the summer with metal sights was step in the right direction. Neither the forward serrations or metal sights were incorporated. Some may say I'm picky but that's my preference. I've owned a bunch of Glocks, still own 7 right now and plan on buying a few more. I just don't get it. Then again, I'm trying to get into a P10C or the Gen4 FS 19 so maybe at a later date I'll buy a Gen5. For now I'll pass. I'm curious to know what Glock's thinking is on going back to a 2 pin design similar to the 42 and 43 along with the different take down spring. Any Glock armorer's have any insight?

A16

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gen 5 Blue Label should be 398.20 according to Glock. Jimmy's will be 419.00, which is an increase from their "standard frame" price. There is a waiting list as well.

Last edited:

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Can you take some pics of the sights. Id like to see the differences over a gen3. Thanks

Top Bottom