• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Research sure, here is the correct answer: Its not just pushed off on the rich. Everybody increases in their taxes. Every single line that says a "Company (several different names used) pays $ X: where is the bottom line of who exactly pays that? There is a Line that specifically says Cost Sharing but every person paying for a policy is in fact paying the bills for some one else too, if this was not the case premiums would never need to be raised at the extreme levels every single year after the ACA became Law. The Law is based on this: people that worker pay for their insurance at a level to support the unhealty and non-workers.

http://alignamerica.com/node/62

Interesting link. Alignamerica.com? Ive never head of them before. They're asking for donations right on the first page though? Thats always a questionable sign.

They do seem to confirm that the vast amount of taxation is on rich people and insurance corporations. I am neither of those.

.9% Increase in Medicare Tax Rate (plus next item…)
    3.8% New Tax on unearned income for high-income taxpayers= $210.2 billion ($200,000 for individual and $250,000 for joint filers)
    New Annual Fee on health insurance providers = $60 billion (For calculation - Sec 9010 (b) of the PPACA.)[1]
    40% New Tax on health insurance policies which cost more than $10,200 for an individual or $27,500 for a family, per year = $32 billion (inland tax as opposed to an importation tax)
    New Annual Fee on manufacturers and importers of branded drugs = $27 billion (For calculation - Sec 9008 (b) of the PPACA)[2]
    2.3% New Tax on manufacturers and importers of certain medical devices = $20 billion
    +2.5% Increase (7.5% to 10%) in the Adjusted Gross Income floor on medical expenses deduction = $15.2 billion
    Limit annual contributions to $2,500 on flexible spending arrangements in cafeteria plans (plans that allow employees to choose between different types of benefits) = $13 billion
    All other revenue sources = $14.9 billion

However, I dont see any impact to myself or my girlfriend, and Ill tell you why. If what you're asserting is true, then how can you explain my girlfriend paying only $90 a month with a $1500 deductible (with a $500 HSA gift) and a $3000 catastrophic cap? And yea, shes had surgery (5 hours!) under it, so it definitely legit. This policy was $80/month last year. That annual increase was less then my homeowners insurance increase last year.

Plus, the whole article seems to imply that...well lets just say in a generic sense, every tax dollar you ever gave in your entire life helped fund some less fortunate person in much the same way. Poor folks dont pay their fair share for the highways they drive on. Poor kids dont pay taxes that help fund medical research that provides them with vaccinations. Poor families....well hell--those people getting those meals on wheels are getting them outright free aren't they?

But even so, Im pretty sure that if my girlfriend found out the entire $10 monthly increase she got saddled with was helping some poor kids get lifesaving chemotherapy somewhere, she'd be pretty OK with that. I would be too.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lies and more lies. And the knew they were lies when those words rolled of there lips.

https://americansforprosperity.org/re-obamacare-lies-lets-make-obamacares-last-birthday/

So, you're saying of this exact quote
    You’ve heard about the controversies within the bill, the process about the bill, one or the other items. But I don’t know if you have heard that it is legislation for the future, not just about health care for America, but about a healthier America, where preventive care is not something that you have to pay a deductible for or out of pocket. Prevention, prevention, prevention — it’s about diet, not diabetes.

It’s going to be very, very exciting. But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.

In the article, that the article is simply lying about it?

Here's the same quote on Snopes

Imagine an economy where people could follow their aspirations, where they could be entrepreneurial, where they could take risks professionally because personally their families [sic] health care needs are being met. Where they could be self-employed or start a business, not be job-locked in a job because they have health care there, and if they went out on their own it would be unaffordable to them, but especially true, if someone has a child with a pre-existing condition. So when we pass our bill, never again will people be denied coverage because they have a pre-existing condition.

We have to do this in partnership, and I wanted to bring [you] up to date on where we see it from here. The final health care legislation that will soon be passed by Congress will deliver successful reform at the local level. It will offer paid for investments that will improve health care services and coverage for millions more Americans. It will make significant investments in innovation, prevention, wellness and offer robust support for public health infrastructure. It will dramatically expand investments into community health centers. That means a dramatic expansion in the number of patients community health centers can see and ultimately healthier communities. Our bill will significantly reduce uncompensated care for hospitals.

You’ve heard about the controversies within the bill, the process about the bill, one or the other. But I don’t know if you have heard that it is legislation for the future, not just about health care for America, but about a healthier America, where preventive care is not something that you have to pay a deductible for or out of pocket. Prevention, prevention, prevention–it’s about diet, not diabetes. It’s going to be very, very exciting.

But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.

http://www.snopes.com/pelosi-healthcare-pass-the-bill-to-see-what-is-in-it/

How many sources of the same quote would you need in order for you to believe it actually happened?

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    “In the fall of the year,” Pelosi said today, “the outside groups…were saying ‘it’s about abortion,’ which it never was. ‘It’s about ‘death panels,’’ which it never was. ‘It’s about a job-killer,’ which it creates four million. ‘It’s about increasing the deficit’; well, the main reason to pass it was to decrease the deficit.” Her contention was that the Senate “didn’t have a bill.” And until the Senate produced an actual piece of legislation that could be matched up and debated against what was passed by the House, no one truly knew what would be voted on.

“So, that’s why I was saying we have to pass a bill so we can see so that we can show you what it is and what it isn’t,” Pelosi continued. “It is none of these things. It’s not going to be any of these things.”

Most importantly, the contents of the Affordable Care Act had been publicly available and publicly debated for months, when Pelosi made her remarks in March 2010. The bill, in its original form, was introduced into the House of Representatives in October 2009, and in the Senate the following month. Although the bill was unusually long (the act runs to 906 pages in the legislative record, with many more pages of regulations) its contents had been subjected to intensive debate and scrutiny in both houses of Congress.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And then finally, as sleep calls--

If Obamacare is so awfully terrible, unbelievably bad, and absolutely MUST be repealed at ANY cost--why hasn't a Republican controlled House, and a Republican controlled Senate, and a Republican president, all of who had over 7 years to work out a much,much, much better plan ---been simply unable to do so?

If Obamacare is garbage, shouldn't it be simple to improve upon?

(thanks for keeping it civil WR)

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Like most questions on this topic, the answers are not short and simple:

http://www.kff.org/uninsured/fact-sheet/key-facts-about-the-uninsured-population/

But they DO exist.

It would seem from the chart shown in the link above (which is actually a quite lengthy research report with multiple charts and 41 citations to document the research), that of the people still uninsured, the majority of them are for reasons other than "too expensive".

This Chart? Look at all the reasons and the notes about them that you use to get your "Majority" compared to making a deliberate decision that its too expensive! Thats pathetic logic and I understand why you didn't paste the chart here.
    8848-04-figure-3.png

Attachments

• 8848-04-figure-3.png
      8848-04-figure-3.png
      26.4 KB · Views: 165

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And then finally, as sleep calls--

If Obamacare is so awfully terrible, unbelievably bad, and absolutely MUST be repealed at ANY cost--why hasn't a Republican controlled House, and a Republican controlled Senate, and a Republican president, all of who had over 7 years to work out a much,much, much better plan ---been simply unable to do so?

If Obamacare is garbage, shouldn't it be simple to improve upon?

(thanks for keeping it civil WR)

We all know why: They used it as a deception to get elected telling the majority what they wanted to hear, now they are spinless. A day of reckoning will come as each tries to keep there job in the GOP Primaries.

My position on ACA will not change as I doubt others Pro or Con would either. No need to spin wheels any more. Thanks for the debate.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This Chart? Look at all the reasons and the notes about them that you use to get your "Majority" compared to making a deliberate decision that its too expensive! Thats pathetic logic and I understand why you didn't paste the chart here.
    View attachment 56417

It says 46% "Tried to get coverage but (found it) too expensive".

Does it not? Is 46% not less than a majority?

Last edited:

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We all know why: They used it as a deception to get elected telling the majority what they wanted to hear, now they are spinless. A day of reckoning will come as each tries to keep there job in the GOP Primaries.

My position on ACA will not change as I doubt others Pro or Con would either. No need to spin wheels any more. Thanks for the debate.

Yes, it was never my intention to change anyones mind, nor to defend every aspect of Obamacare. I made this very clear early on. I simply linked the article in the SoC thread that showed that the exchanges actually weren't collapsing, which obviously, generated a lot of attention, and resulted in this thread.

Thanks to you as well.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    If you know anything about numbers, you know that they can be selectively chosen or arranged to show anything you want them to.
    I don't know the people in the "article" and don't care since I'm not responsible for them, if they even exist. If the affordable care act is SOOO affordable, please explain how a woman and two children are $1500 a month with a $2k deductible that never seems to be met.
    Keeping pace with the rest of your heroes pushing the liberal agenda...
    2917ed92f28d9652c0290a4db0eacdd2.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom